What's the scoop in Ukraine - latest news and commentary from the war against the Orcs

So that's your view of History.
a thing set in stone, written by objective people with a world-view that we should all embrace and memorise
Is this meant to be some sort of authority questioning position?

History is better understood long after it's completed. That's why historians exist.

Either take the time to learn about the things.youre interested in our just continue to conspiracy think your way through understanding. I already know which you'll take.

Is this meant to be some sort of authority questioning position?

History is better understood long after it's completed. That's why historians exist.

Either take the time to learn about the things.youre interested in our just continue to conspiracy think your way through understanding. I already know which you'll take.
Well, I'd rather be me
than a narcissistic American who knows jack shit but thinks he understands everything

Well, I'd rather be me
than a narcissistic American who knows jack shit and thinks he's clever
History involves politics. A political forum discusses historical context. A political forum is not meant to teach history. I could give a shit what your opinion is of me.

History involves politics. A political forum discusses historical context. A political forum is not meant to teach history. I could give a shit what your opinion is of me.
oh, so that's why you keep spamming all our threads

Two more Russian collaborators in Kherson taken out. Vitaly Gura, the quisling deputy Head of the administration of Nova Kakhovka, was reported to be hospitalised and in serious condition. Explosive shell casings from a Makarov gun were found at the scene of attack. Later, Russia’s state propaganda media RIA reported he died, citing a quisling official of a district in Kherson Oblast, Leontiev. Collaborators are signing their own death warrants, with rewards being offered for their heads....The way these collaborators (in Kherson, and Nova Kakhovka) are being dealt with is just mind-bogglingly beautiful.

Vladimir Saldo, the quisling governor of Russia-occupied Kherson Oblast, has reportedly been taken to the toxicological department of the Moscow Sklifasovsky Institute in a medical coma, Russian media report, citing the Telegram channels Baza and Mash. He is in serious condition in intensive care, Baza says, citing its sources. The Telegram channel reports that the collaborator was flown in by a special plane from Crimea on 6 August, where he was reportedly hospitalized the previous day.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/08...-kherson-oblast-after-shooting-and-poisoning/

Russia believed Ukrainians would meet its military with flowers and smiles. However, in reality, members of the Russian administration in Kherson Oblast require armored vehicles to drive through the occupied cities. They are afraid for their lives and move only in bulletproof vests while being accompanied by guards.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/06...nt-of-kherson-oblast-now-bombs-collaborators/

“Stremousov, Kherson will always be a part of Ukraine! But you signed your own death warrant. We announce hunt and offer UAH 500,000 for your head,” says a partisan leaflet in Kherson.

50000.JPG

Last edited:
For anybody who's misguided or foolish enough to suggest negotiating with Russian, here's #Russia radio on #Ukraine teachers who don’t want to work for occupiers:
- Why don’t we execute them & their family members, like Stalin did?
- Why don’t we make a nice little GULAG there?

Europeans and Americans find it hard to imagine executions, decapitations, acts of torture, castration, and mutilation. This is the reality for Ukrainians - Russia’s war has unleashed unbelievable barbarity and hatred, and when Russians say these things, they mean them. Unless we are to be complicit in this barbarity, we need to continue supporting Ukraine with weapons and ammunition, the more the better, until Russia has been defeated and driven back to ot past the 2014 borders. A decisive defeat is all that Russian will understand, and hopefully such a defeat will lead to the collapse of the Russian Federation, one of the world's last two or three colonial empires.

For anybody who's misguided or foolish enough to suggest negotiating with Russian, here's #Russia radio on #Ukraine teachers who don’t want to work for occupiers:
- Why don’t we execute them & their family members, like Stalin did?
- Why don’t we make a nice little GULAG there?

Europeans and Americans find it hard to imagine executions, decapitations, acts of torture, castration, and mutilation. This is the reality for Ukrainians - Russia’s war has unleashed unbelievable barbarity and hatred, and when Russians say these things, they mean them. Unless we are to be complicit in this barbarity, we need to continue supporting Ukraine with weapons and ammunition, the more the better, until Russia has been defeated and driven back to ot past the 2014 borders. A decisive defeat is all that Russian will understand, and hopefully such a defeat will lead to the collapse of the Russian Federation, one of the world's last two or three colonial empires.
The question is whether Russia will relent without getting something in return.

I doibt they will

Guess where these Russian students study..... and no, not a trick photo......

Studies.JPG

Moscow college of arts and crafts

Now I don't know much about History,
but it just occurred to me: maybe that's why West European leaders are going with everything America dictates? Not because Europe is an American colony, but out of wisdom, knowing how reckless America can also be.
This comment illustrates just how uninformed you are. The whole history of America shows just how reckless she is not. Constitutionally/Legally and politically the USA has always been very reluctant to get involved in foreign wars. Just ask the Brits - from September 1939 to December 1941, almost 2.5 years they fought and secured their survival alone. The USA only got involved in the shooting war in Europe when Germany declared war on her. If you still have doubts, look at the provocation of the USA by Germany in WWI

Iraq II was a silly mistake but a minor skirmish compared to WWII or even Ukraine. What the USA is really good at is fighting 'proxy' wars as she did, very well with UK 1939 to 1942, and is now doing with Ukraine. It is politically fashionable to decry the power of the US military /Industrial complex but when the bullets start flying, the placement of that power is totally crucial. Just ask Putin or perhaps Xi as he contemplates his Taiwanese ambitions.

If America gets involved directly, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, she is cast as the big bad wolf, no matter how bad the outcome. But having a big bad wolf on the side of the good guys is a mighty asset.

I doibt they will

The American Wallmarter just opiniated!
please excuse me while I go to the toilet to diddle myself, over such awesomeness.

Such opinions are far more valuable than History quotes, links to experts or lessons

We need to stop funding Ukraine. Sounds like they have everything under control and don't need our help.

The American Wallmarter just opiniated!
please excuse me while I go to the toilet to diddle myself, over such awesomeness.

Such opinions are far more valuable than History quotes, links to experts or lessons
Have fun with that.

I doibt they will
Most likely true. The problem is that Putin is the second most isolated leader of a major power (maybe tied for that honor) Xi being the first. Both have shot the messenger's that have brought them bad news, sometimes quite literally. We don't know if Putin is aware of the true state of the conflict in Ukraine. And if he's unaware then any decision he makes re. that conflict is going to be flawed and the less aware he is the deeper the flaw. Putin was a part of the propaganda apparatus for FAR too long for him to be paying any attention to any Western news source no matter how accurate they might be.

On the other hand Zelensky is very much aware of the real status of the conflict, Western intelligence has made that possible. So his decisions should be reality based. We have no assurances that that will be the case.

We need to stop funding Ukraine. Sounds like they have everything under control and don't need our help.

If people think the castration video of a Ukrainian POW is bad there are pics of Ukrainian POWs heads on spikes in Russian occupied towns. This is savagery and the norm for the Russian war criminal military. Russia did this in Syria too. I guess you're all for the Russians then

It is reported that Russians mined Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant. Some sources say they mined the machine hall, others - that the territory around the plant is mined. Ammunition is stored right beside the energy block. No need to explain how dangerous this is. Whatever happens in this genocidal attack by Russia, this takes it to another level of apocalyptic. Russian terrorists have mined europe’s largest nuclear station.

mined. nuclear. station. You think that's under control? You think it won't affect you? Moron.

If this phrase doesn't fill you with utter horror, you're an idiot or a Russian troll. This is the biggest nuclear power plant in Europe and the Russians have mined it! This has the potential to be far worse than Chernobyl. Russia is a terrorist state and needs to be put down, as in, the hammer needs to be dropped.

Last edited:
Somebody put up a banner saying "Sailor, the enemy is in the Kremlin and not in Ukraine" in front of the Russian navy headquarters in Saint Petersburg in Russia. Hats off to whomever did this.

Sailor.JPG

Bila Topoli (Near the Poplar)

Золоті луги / Golden meadows
Ведуть у небокрай. / Leading to the horizon
І сумно навкруги. / And it's so sad around,
Тополя, тополя похилилася. / A poplar, poplar leaned over.
Там старі батьки / Old parents there
Заплакані стоять. / Standing in tears,
Прощати було їм сина, / Here to farewell their son
А він героєм став. / A hero he had become
Молодий юнак, / Young lad,
Молодий козак. / Young Cossack.
Там, біля тополі калина росте, / There, near the poplar grows a guelder rose
Мамині очі чекають тебе. / Mothers eyes waiting for you
Сива у розпачі плаче,/ Her cries are desperate
Сина все чекає, / She's still waiting for her son
Та в Бога вже його душа./ But God already has his soul.
"Мам, я в бою за волю пішов в далечінь, / "Mom, I went to fight for freedom far away,
За правду і долю нових поколінь. / For truth and for a new generations fate,
За тих, хто у морі далеко / For those, who far away at sea
І крилами лелеки повернуться живі". / And on the wings of a stork will return alive".
Тихо на дворі, / It's quiet in the yard,
І тільки чути як, / And only you can hear now
Як матері слова / How his mothers words
Летіли, летіли в ніч до козака. / Were flying, flying into the night, to her Cossack.
"Бачиш, сину мій, / "You see my son,
Свічка не згаса. / The candle didn't fade,
До віку буде вже горіти, / For ages it will burn,
Горітиме вона". / It will burn"
"Мам, я в бою за волю пішов в далечінь, / "Mom, I went to fight for freedom far away,
І крилами лелеки повернуться живі". / And on the wings of a stork will return alive".
Рік вже проминув, / A year has passed,
Прийшла нова весна. / Another spring has come,
А спокою в душі не було, / But in the soul there was no peace,
Не було ну і вже нема. / And there was no more,
Там батько змучений / Exhausted father there
Сам торує шлях, / Paves the road on his own,
По ньому мав іти син його, / His son should've walk on it
А його вже нема. / But he is no longer.

Problem with that assessment is, their successful defense even today is reliant on continued support, even more tomorrow.

At the very least, they will need some 4,000,000 (yes, four million, a crude expenditure estimate of 10,000 rounds daily for 400 days) 155mm shells before this is all over.

So get those factories running, there's profit to be had.

And US manufacturers are supplying the UK and European countries with replacements for weapons sent to Ukraine.

The US defence industry is booming.

History involves politics. A political forum discusses historical context. A political forum is not meant to teach history.....

Pretty much. When you get into a subject like Eastern European and Russian politics, it really helps if you know at least an outline of the history. For me, my dad's family is originally from Poland (gpoing back to my great-grandad) who was from outside Lvov, so I absorbed a lot of what happened by osmosis, and then a lot of reading on Polish, Ukrainian and Russian history. After I graduated, I did a couple of remote university courses on Russuan history, and Russian literature in translation, and a lot of reading on Russian history in general. Really, if you want to get into a topic like this, you need to have at least a broad understanding of that history between Poland, Russian, Lithuania and Ukraine, as well as an understanding of Polish and Ukrainian nationalism, the different colonial influences (German, Austro-Hungarian, and Russian) and impacts, and the rather more recent resurgence in Ukrainian nationalism following the collapse of the Soviet Colonial Empire (it really was the Evil Empire). You also need an understanding of the modern Russian Federation, and Putin's worldview, including his ambitions - which are largely to create a resurgent Tzarist Russian Empire, with himself as the Tzar. Putin, and obviously many Russians, hate Ukrainian Nationalism with a deep and abiding hatred, because it refutes their worldview that Ukrainians are "Little Russians."

I mean, it's nonsense. Putting aside ethnicity, Ukrainian as a language is about as distinct from Russian as Polish is. Ukrainian and Russian are distinct languages that are, effectively, cousins to one another. Over a thousand years ago, the language spoken in central Europe was proto-Slavic, an ancestor to all the Slavic languages (2BC until the 6th century), but Ukrainian and Russian evolved into distinct languages. Today, they are part of the Slavic language group. There are more than 20 Slavic languages divided into three sub-categories.
East Slavic (like Russian, Belarusian and Ukrainian)
South Slavic (like Slovene, Croatian, Macedonian or Bulgarian)
West Slavic (like Polish, Czech or Slovak)

Having evolved from a a common root language (thing romance, or germanic language groups), all Slavic languages have similarities and that can help a native speaker understand the other languages to some extent, mostly specific words rather than the whole context. (Similiar to Spanish and Italian or Portuguese, or Dutch and German). However, if you speak Ukrainian, you will be more likely to understand Slovak or Polish than Russian, as Ukrainian has more similarities with West Slavic languages than with Russian. So all this Russian bullshit that Ukrainians are "Little Russians" and should be part of Russia is just Russian imperialism at work, and its total bullshit. They might as well say Poles are Russians, that would be about as accurate.

One aspect of the language that leads many to believe they are closer than they are is that both languages use the Cyrillic alphabet. This is also the case for Belarusian, Serbian, Macedonian and Bulgarian. However, Ukraine has been talking about changing over from the Cyrillic to the Latin alphabet, to standardize writing with other countries in Europe. (Ukraine is not the only country proposing this - Kazakhstan, has announced nthey are transitioning from Cyrillic to Latin script from 2023 to 2031. Obviously this hurt's the Russian world-view as they see their importance waning - and Russia being relegated to just another European country. So a lot of this crap going on is a last attempt by Russian Imperialism to assert itself, and that's how it should be seen.

One of the things Putin perhaps did not take into account is that there are in fact major chunks of the Russian Federation which are truly Ukrainian rather than Russian - the Don and the Kuban. Ethnically, the Don and the Kuban and Ukrainian Cossack, and these would best be integrated into the Ukraine after the collapse of the colonial Russian Federation.

Ukraine.jpg

Last edited:
And US manufacturers are supplying the UK and European countries with replacements for weapons sent to Ukraine.

The US defence industry is booming.
Oh yeah, these are boom times for the defence industry worldwide, although it's going to be political in so many ways. Look at the recent Polish-South Korean deal. Poland has been attempting to close deals with Germany, and has longer term contracts agreed with the US to buy Abram'stanks and F-16's, but the lead times on delivery are long, and the Russian attack on Ukraine has emphasized the need to countries bordering Russia to re-arm quickly. Since joining NATO in 1999, Poland has become a key member of the 30-member alliance, and has been purchasing US-made military equipment, including Abrams main battle tanks and F-35 stealth fighter jets. USA has really good armaments, but is not in a position to delivery quickly.

Consequently, Poland has just closed a deal with South Korea, which CAN deliver. Poland is buying 980 K2-model tanks (one of the best tanks in the world), 648 self-propelled K9 armored howitzers and 48 FA-50 fighter jets, in part to replace older Soviey-era equipment donated to Ukraine. The first 180 K2 tanks, made by Hyundai Rotem and equipped with auto-loading 120mm guns, are expected to arrive this year, with the production of 800 upgraded tanks starting in 2026 in Poland, according to the ministry. The first 48 K9 howitzers, made by Hanwha Defense, are also expected to arrive this year, with delivery of a second batch of 600 due to start in 2024. From 2025 these will be produced in Poland, the ministry said.

Chun In-Bum, a retired South Korean general, said the deal with Poland is Seoul's single biggest weapons export pact ever. He also praised the weapons involved (well, he's South Korean, of course he would). "The K9 (howitzer)... is probably the best artillery system in the world, rivaled only by the German system. The FA-50 is a combat version of the T-50, which has gained a reputation for being the best trainer in the world inventory. The K2 tank in its latest version will be better than anything South Korea has to date," Chun said.

During a visit to Seoul in May, the Polish defense minister said the war in Ukraine showed Poland's urgent need for South Korean arms. "We talked about accelerating the deliveries of these weapons to the Polish Army. Why is it important? Because of the war on our eastern border. It is important for the Polish Armed Forces to be equipped with modern equipment, proven equipment, and such is the equipment produced by Korea," Błaszczak said at the time. He said South Korea and Poland faced similar security situations and therefore needed similar weapons. "Why is Korean equipment proven? Because Korea has the challenge of its northern neighbor, who also conducts an aggressive policy, so our task is to equip the Polish Armed Forces with modern equipment. Equipment that will deter the aggressor. Such equipment is undoubtedly ... produced in Korea," Błaszczak said.

The FA-50 jet, produced by Korea Aerospace Industries in association with US defense giant Lockheed Martin, is a supersonic light combat aircraft, suitable for ground attack and some air-to-air missions.
The plane, flown by the South Korean Air Force since 2013, is armed with Sidewinder air-to-air missiles, Maverick air-to-ground missiles, and a three-barreled 30mm cannon for strafing runs. It can also use precision-guided and gravity bombs. Poland has purchased FA-50 combat aircraft from South Korea because of the impossibility of buying US-made F-16s, the Polish defence minister has said. Mariusz Blaszczak explained that Poland "cannot wait" for new aircraft, hence the need to buy the FA-50s. Blaszczak, who is also a deputy prime minister, said the F-16's producer, Lockheed Martin, is currently focused on producing the F-35, adding that he had spoken to Poland's US partners many times on the subject. Blaszczak tsaid the decision to buy equipment from South Korea was based on the hardware's effectiveness, speed of delivery and benefits to industry.

"The contract we managed to negotiate with the Koreans combines all these elements," he said. "Other equipment producers were not in a position to deliver us arms of that quality in such a short time and with such a broad cooperation with the Polish defence industry.

And this is is just Poland. When you look at all the other European countries who will be re-equipping themselves, similar logic will come into play. The US defence industry will take a long time to gear up, the Ukraine war is running down stocks of a lot of equipment that will need to be replaced, and Ukraine itself is going to be a huge market for weapons - once they've defeated Russia and driven the Russians back to the 2014 borders, they are going to be reeqipping themselves with modern weapons on a huge scale, probably outdoing Poland, as Ukraine will be the European Shield against Russian, along with Finland on the northern flank. Ukraine is already closing deals for supply of weapons - Germany has approved the sale of 100 Panzerhaubitze 2000 howitzers worth 1.7 billion euros to Ukraine, and KMW has already started manufacturing the howitzers, the full run of which which will take several years to complete. These are just the first deals being announced.

Every other country in the world is going to be reequipping itself, frantically in some instances (you can bet Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania will be), and as for manufacturers of artillery and artillery shells.... well, Ukraine is proving what works and what doesn't. Drone manufacturers are onto a good thing here too. Every military is going to be re-examining their drones and how they can use them, so look for some rapid innovation here, too. Autonomous hunter-killer drones, here we come...

Boom times for the defence industry, and a much more dangerous world, just because mean tweets. All of this goes to show, when the US President is an incompetent fool, the world becomes a much more dangerous place, rather rapidly, and at this point, even re-electing Trump won't change that. Biden is spiralling us into WW3, there's major conflict coming down the pipeline, and as usual, the blind are leading the incompetent. Ans our own military needs a major house-cleaning to excise the woke infection, and get us back to being a war-fighting military that everyone is shit-scared of. Therein lies the path to world peace! Fuck with the USA and we'll re-introduce you to the Stone Age. That's where WE need to get back to.

South Korean K2 Black Panther

K2.jpg

Two more Russian collaborators in Kherson taken out. Vitaly Gura, the quisling deputy Head of the administration of Nova Kakhovka, was reported to be hospitalised and in serious condition. Explosive shell casings from a Makarov gun were found at the scene of attack. Later, Russia’s state propaganda media RIA reported he died, citing a quisling official of a district in Kherson Oblast, Leontiev. Collaborators are signing their own death warrants, with rewards being offered for their heads....The way these collaborators (in Kherson, and Nova Kakhovka) are being dealt with is just mind-bogglingly beautiful.

Vladimir Saldo, the quisling governor of Russia-occupied Kherson Oblast, has reportedly been taken to the toxicological department of the Moscow Sklifasovsky Institute in a medical coma, Russian media report, citing the Telegram channels Baza and Mash. He is in serious condition in intensive care, Baza says, citing its sources. The Telegram channel reports that the collaborator was flown in by a special plane from Crimea on 6 August, where he was reportedly hospitalized the previous day.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/08...-kherson-oblast-after-shooting-and-poisoning/

Russia believed Ukrainians would meet its military with flowers and smiles. However, in reality, members of the Russian administration in Kherson Oblast require armored vehicles to drive through the occupied cities. They are afraid for their lives and move only in bulletproof vests while being accompanied by guards.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/06...nt-of-kherson-oblast-now-bombs-collaborators/

“Stremousov, Kherson will always be a part of Ukraine! But you signed your own death warrant. We announce hunt and offer UAH 500,000 for your head,” says a partisan leaflet in Kherson.

View attachment 2167084
To add to the misery of the Russians, thousands of Chechen soldiers are joining Ukraine to fight against the Russians in the east.

Back