Who is the most versatile author you know here?

"Try to rise" was almost disturbing.

Alternatively, there's your gay one done ;).

You're so helpful. You'll be glad to know I made some progress today on my EB "older man meeting younger women (plural, of course) in a cafe" spoof story today. It's gonna happen.

You're so helpful. You'll be glad to know I made some progress today on my EB "older man meeting younger women (plural, of course) in a cafe" spoof story today. It's gonna happen.
EB looked at the weather forecast. "Chance of winds, downhill. Small chance, make the most of it."

He sat back in the chair at his favourite café, the one with the outdoor area, and looked around. He saw two unfamiliar women coming towards him, and admired the way Simon had written the slink of the hips on the taller woman, and the glow of blonde hair on the smaller girl.

"We're here from Simon," the taller girl said, with a soft American accent.**

** For godsake, don't write, like, a valley girl. That croak thing is kinda sexy, but there IS a line!

Simon grinned. "Sure, I can do that."

Probably the 'most versatile' crown is going to come from the highly prolific crew such as silkstockingslover.

There are 32 categories which include 'non-subject parameters' such as language (non-English) and format (audio, illustrated.) A high degree of difficulty to hit all of them. I'm at 26 and counting, but will never hit 30.
I had no idea you'd covered that distance of ground at Lit. That's amazing!!! Certainly, you deserved to be noted as well... sorry for the slip, Yowser.

I thought I’d let others play with
anna1.png

the concept.
yep.gif

Og famously has a story in every single category, which he did more as a challenge to himself than becuase it happened naturally.

Hehe, reminds me of an ODI cricket match between England and Australia a few years back, when "Extras" was the highest run scorer for Australia.
I assume that at least some rudimentary knowledge of cricket is needed to understand that joke. All I know about cricket is that involves a ball(s) 😉

I assume that at least some rudimentary knowledge of cricket is needed to understand that joke. All I know about cricket is that involves a ball(s) 😉
It gets even better, and even more obscure for outsiders. Australia won the toss for the next match, and chose to bat first. Someone commented, "I see that England's enforcing the follow-on."

If you know cricket, that's hilarious.

It gets even better, and even more obscure for outsiders. Australia won the toss for the next match, and chose to bat first. Someone commented, "I see that England's enforcing the follow-on."

If you know cricket, that's hilarious.
I was once drunk with friends and watching a test match. (Yes, it snowed).

But we came up with the brilliant idea of rounding up a bunch of Americans and putting them in the commentary box, providing them absolutely no list of rules or bylaws or customs, and seeing whether they managed to infer absolutely anything about the game being played.

I was once drunk with friends and watching a test match. (Yes, it snowed).

But we came up with the brilliant idea of rounding up a bunch of Americans and putting them in the commentary box, providing them absolutely no list of rules or bylaws or customs, and seeing whether they managed to infer absolutely anything about the game being played.
That sounds like a great premise for reality TV.
Given five days, I imagine they'd probably manage to figure most of them out except lbw. And maybe Mankading.

It might be more fun to give them a book of the laws and let them figure it out from there.

The producers I sell the television rights to won't be complaining.

Ooh, for extra fun: add a Yorkshireman to the team to confuse the Americans with his accent and use of jargon.

A dales farmer who has never even owned a cellular phone, a Cockney taxi driver with a prosthetic ear, and a mad pikey from down Devon way are all improbably on the same bus that that breaks down in Hull. The film is a chronicle of their frantic efforts to avoid catching any culture over a 24h period.

A dales farmer who has never even owned a cellular phone, a Cockney taxi driver with a prosthetic ear, and a mad pikey from down Devon way are all improbably on the same bus that that breaks down in Hull. The film is a chronicle of their frantic efforts to avoid catching any culture over a 24h period.
Culture? In Hull?

Full disclosure: I've never visited Hull.

Back