AH - not a safe space

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was that you said about repeating yourself ad naseum, LC? :D

Along with all of that other hate and crap you spewed, you might take a good look at yourself. Not likely, I know.

Again, Naoko. You want to talk about harassment on the AH. This is the real stuff of harassment on the AH.
 
GO... Back... And... Read... The... Original... Post.

Naoko did not refer to the AH in particular (Except in the Title) but to things that happen to female writers and female posters in general.

Now you know that's too hard for him to do...he hardly ever reads a post with complete comprehension anyway, why go back and reread a post he didn't understand in the first place?
 
Now you know that's too hard for him to do...he hardly ever reads a post with complete comprehension anyway, why go back and reread a post he didn't understand in the first place?

Quite true on not understanding the OP in the first place (Didn't have a bit of trouble understanding the head given the thread, though--it was an attack on the AH). I already admitted such by saying I found the OP post rambling and unfocused.

Still looking for the substance of male sexual harassment on the AH. Have found other harassment on this thread in abundance, though. ;)
 
This thread has been very telling of that because you have somehow managed to take a thread about the bullshit women endure on the net and made it into poor you.

Why, gosh, LC, I don't have to make threads about me. That's what we have you for--you've twice made this thread about me. :D
 
Not sure about Male Harassment of Women on the AH. But it is hard to have a discussion without having people fling shit around off topic.

Is it author envy or shear discourtesy?
 
Is that for me? Sorry, I'm married, but if you want to flirt well....aw shucks. :eek:

Maybe you need to go back and read the posts made by other people beside SR. And yes, you harass him on an almost daily basis and it has been going on for years. So now you can try and harass me. Rots of ruck.

:rose:
 
So now you can try and harass me. Rots of ruck.

Hey if you want to defend the AH's biggest troll this side of Freddie, that's your prerogative, doesn't mean anything to me. I interact with people the way they interact with me. I troll trolls. I do it in real life, I do it here.

And I've read plenty of posts here, what's your point? Unlike Pilot if people here say things that are allusions-or outright directed at me- I don't go "Oh, no, you're bothering me!" I shrug it off. People have their opinions.
 
Hey if you want to defend the AH's biggest troll this side of Freddie, that's your prerogative, doesn't mean anything to me. I interact with people the way they interact with me. I troll trolls. I do it in real life, I do it here.

And I've read plenty of posts here, what's your point? Unlike Pilot if people here say things that are allusions-or outright directed at me- I don't go "Oh, no, you're bothering me!" I shrug it off. People have their opinions.

You = Drax

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svtLfoGH19c
 
What was that you said about repeating yourself ad naseum, LC? :D
...
Again, Naoko. You want to talk about harassment on the AH. This is the real stuff of harassment on the AH.

No, that isn't harassment. It's words and not very effective words at that. If you felt actual harassment, you'd take positive action; you'd ignore him.

That's where this whole thread falls down. It's impossible to feel unsafe in this forum unless you choose to. It's hard to feel anything beyond a brief flash of anger or righteous indignation unless you choose to. Either click Ignore or you're openly embracing whatever you get. No one here is entitled to any specific behaviour from anyone else here - this is the internet, people - but everyone is entitled to ignore people.

Pilot and LC should have set Ignore on each other ages ago. They choose not to so they're both complicit in the ongoing pointless hen fight.
 
No one here is entitled to any specific behaviour from anyone else here - this is the internet, people.

I'll modify that slightly. People here should expect not to be exposed to legally actionable statements, unless the people making them put up full names and valid postal addresses. If you're going to make claims about someone's sexuality, you ought to do it where the subpoena can find you.
 
No, that isn't harassment. It's words and not very effective words at that. If you felt actual harassment, you'd take positive action; you'd ignore him.

No, it is harassment (and what GA was doing on this thread--and extending to another, today was harassment), and there are many ways of responding to harassment--and there can be a mix of responses, as I do on Lit. On the thread issue, I've advocated turning on ignore (which isn't just ignoring--it's taking a blocking action) because, as has been pointed out, the Web site isn't going to do anything about reported harassment other than advising using the ignore function. If it was a Web site that did take action, I'd suggest that. I'm just dealing out reality here of this Web site.

And "it's impossible to feel unsafe in this forum unless you choose too," rolls off the tongue easily, but it's hokum--and you can't rule on what makes someone else feel unsafe or what makes them stay even if they feel unsafe. You certainly can't say that anyone can control the persistence of another to harass them on this forum.

I don't feel safe with LC harassing me on the forum, for instance. He's outed me enough on the forum twice for me to know that at least at one time he knew who I really was (references that Laurel deleted), which sort of makes him silly for denying my background, since it was there for him to see when he found out who I was and there are others on the forum who know who I really am as well--which, however, is something he obsesses with far more than I do.) But I choose to stay despite him and his six years of attacking--which started with something as simple as telling him that he was taken for a ride to pay $100 for a self-published book cover design (and, yes, I know who took him for a ride and what she's willing to do cover designs for).

If you think you have better ways (I don't use a single way--mostly I do just ignore his attacking posts, which folks can check out for themselves, but that hasn't stopped or slowed him down) of handling his constant harassment (even the pack he was running with dropped him and posted on the forum that he was a sick puppy--dig down in PatientLee's posts), feel free to set him off on something--it's not that hard to find something that sets him off (and you've made a good start of doing that yourself)--and put your theories in play.

Until then, you could take your own advice and ignore it's going on, or, when it starts up, you could trace back to where it started and just hammer the one who initiated it. But you won't do that, because folks come here to enjoy the fireworks--as long as it isn't their ox being gored.
 
Last edited:
Maybe you need to go back and read the posts made by other people beside SR. And yes, you harass him on an almost daily basis and it has been going on for years. So now you can try and harass me. Rots of ruck.

:rose:

Hey if you want to defend the AH's biggest troll this side of Freddie, that's your prerogative, doesn't mean anything to me. I interact with people the way they interact with me. I troll trolls. I do it in real life, I do it here.

And I've read plenty of posts here, what's your point? Unlike Pilot if people here say things that are allusions-or outright directed at me- I don't go "Oh, no, you're bothering me!" I shrug it off. People have their opinions.

Yeah, you grabbed straight for the last line of what i said and then jump right in with your form of harassment. SR isn't a troll and neither is Freddie. Sr is abrupt and overbearing a lot of the time but he doesn't attack you until you attack him. Freddie has his own problems and so far isn't relative to this discussion.

Your problem is that SR is right about so many things and calls you on your assertions of this and that which are usually generalizations that aren't correct. So go beat your chest somewhere else. It is getting very old and very tired. You're not going to run SR off so get over it.
 
Yeah, you grabbed straight for the last line of what i said and then jump right in with your form of harassment. SR isn't a troll and neither is Freddie. Sr is abrupt and overbearing a lot of the time but he doesn't attack you until you attack him. Freddie has his own problems and so far isn't relative to this discussion.

Your problem is that SR is right about so many things and calls you on your assertions of this and that which are usually generalizations that aren't correct. So go beat your chest somewhere else. It is getting very old and very tired. You're not going to run SR off so get over it.

Laurel called PILOT a troll.
 
Laurel called PILOT a troll.

She sure did. And I suggest that no one else suggest to her that there is any function here on this Web site that doesn't function well (or at all), or she'll call you a troll too. Being a Lit. author doesn't give you as much clout here as being a GB drone who doesn't even know the Web site has a story file does. ;)
 
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.

I think many individuals in this thread fit this definition.
 
Oh, my gosh, by that definition, Naoko was a troll for starting this thread. :D
 
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.

I think many individuals in this thread fit this definition.

Good definition but you have no idea who the players are without a score card and program. Stick around a while to find out the true nature of all the players. A lot of them aren't here yet.

I usually keep my mouth shut but the time for that is long past.
 
Oh, my gosh, by that definition, Naoko was a troll for starting this thread. :D

Intent has a lot more to do with it than definitions in this case.

And I'd like to take this time to tell Naoko that i'm sorry for destroying her thread but it's time for some if not a lot of people to get off their asses and stop this bullshit. I for one am going to call attacks as i see them. Our Mod wants to know what's going on, keep your eyes open and read the whole thread, not just the juicy parts.
 
Good definition but you have no idea who the players are without a score card and program. Stick around a while to find out the true nature of all the players. A lot of them aren't here yet.

I usually keep my mouth shut but the time for that is long past.

It's certainly interesting, in a Jerry Springer, train-wreak kind of way. I've only been to the forums a few times, but I read a lot of stories. What initially brought me to the Author's Hangout was to maybe see an inside scoop into the minds of some of the authors here. I recognized SR's name from his story file (I'm a fan btw). I've been, let's say, surprised by my findings here. The demeanor of some of the most recognizable names on Literotica is similar to pouty children.
 
Whatever they/we have become in what you now see didn't happen overnight--or even this year . . . or this decade. When others on the forum let bullying just continue, this is where you get to.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top