BBW's Check-in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Character backgrounds, that's about it. Spent most of the day avoiding Daytona qualifying, since it's not really important. In two weeks, the new knock-out qualifying begins!
 
i am going to be lucky that i get to see the 500. Hubby isn't into NASCAR so i only get to see select races that i deem must sees.
 
I raced DIRT before I met my wife in college. I grew up watching races, from local dirt track to Daytona 500 to a couple of IndyCar races at Pocono. If there's a race on, I'll watch it.
 
That is how i use to be. But with hubby he doesn't consider it a sport so he gets bored with it just says it's one big left turn and the drivers are not sports people like football players
 
Football: extreme violence compounded by committee meetings. :rolleyes:

I love the sport of auto racing, from a fan's perspective, from a former competitor's eye, and being a nerd that understands most of the engineering and aerodynamic jargon
 
it's sad i have to explain that to hubby myself. Was something of a motorhead when i was younger mainly towards boats but could get by with a car if need be.
 
My dad raced then worked in the pits. My mother knew Shirley Muldowney, having seen her around the city. I had no choice LOL
 
my ex brother-in-law use to race boats so i helped him on that and then he got into go karts. He was just a speed junky
 
OMG....was just checking out my ex-stepson's facebook page and found out this cop i know just robbed a bank !!
 
my ex brother-in-law use to race boats so i helped him on that and then he got into go karts. He was just a speed junky

I started out in karts, dirt ovals then road courses. At 15, I was allowed to race in late models. I did that for two years, three times racing a family friend's modified when he was ill.
 
I started out in karts, dirt ovals then road courses. At 15, I was allowed to race in late models. I did that for two years, three times racing a family friend's modified when he was ill.

Do You miss racing?? i know i miss the speed boats
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top