GeeBee Tech Support thread - pose questions, get answers

Does it look anything like your actual signature? I've never managed one that looked remotely like what it is. Limitations of the mouse, I suppose.

Instead, I sign my name on a blank piece of paper, scan said signature in and then cut & paste it whenever necessary.

..
close enough for writing with a mouse not much different than my normal scrawl
 
If the constant auto-playing of videos on every Yahoo! page is beginning to drive you nuts, here's how to turn off the auto-play function:


Google Chrome: Go to 'chrome://settings/content'; find the 'Plug-ins' section; select the 'click to play' button.

Once completed, videos will no longer auto-play. If you want to watch a video, click on the video and it will load at your request.


IE/Firefox/whatnot: No clue; don't care.
 
FYI - tomorrow is 'World Backup Day', so if you haven't backed up your whatnot in some time, tomorrow would be a good to do it.

If you're looking for deals on cloud-based backups, there are deals aplenty in honour of the Day.
 
This may have already been asked but my search words were coming up with nil, but I've seen posts before where peeps talk of a way to have blocked people's names also not appear, even when quoted. Would you please explain this. :)
 
This may have already been asked but my search words were coming up with nil, but I've seen posts before where peeps talk of a way to have blocked people's names also not appear, even when quoted. Would you please explain this. :)

Only works on Firefox or its variants. You need to install Greasemonkey from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/ then install vbulletin full ignore from Greasmonkey.
 
Great, thank you Sean, I'll check into that.

She actually asked this for me.. She posted that someone had a way to block usernames from people on your ignore list. You can do it on Chrome, installing Tampermonkey. However, when I posted the script on Tampermonkey to do that, none of the posts on that thread showed up.. I'm gonna keep messing with it cause I'm curious now.. but if you know a way to make it work, I'd appreciate it.
 
She actually asked this for me.. She posted that someone had a way to block usernames from people on your ignore list. You can do it on Chrome, installing Tampermonkey. However, when I posted the script on Tampermonkey to do that, none of the posts on that thread showed up.. I'm gonna keep messing with it cause I'm curious now.. but if you know a way to make it work, I'd appreciate it.

Will it block avatars selectively too?
 
My gifs stopped working. I don't mind on some but girlsmiley's is cute and I like seeing it. Anyone have a suggestion?

ETA: It's just for my laptop, I'm a low tech kind of girl.
 
Selective avatars, and I use adblock plus.

How do I enable it?
In Firefox right click on any image and choose which option you want. I usually choose "custom" and the specific image. I would imagine it's very similar in Chrome.
 
Last edited:
In Firefox right click on any image and choose which option you want. I usually choose "custom" and the specific image. I would imagine it's very similar in Chrome.

Good tip.

Thank you.


ETA: Can't seem to manage it. Will have to play around with it. Perhaps slap it around a little.
 
Last edited:
My new psu arrived today, so did the thermal paste. CPU cooler and RAM should be here Monday. Geektastic few hours ahead of me next Tuesday.
 
I want to live in a world in which ALL SITES are optimized for Chrome and not just for IE.

:mad:
 
I don't like that theres no Spellcheck on chrome or that it blocks some sites like Dropbox or Myfitnesspal

There certainly in a spellcheck in Chrome.

I've also not had any issues with Dropbox.

attachment.php
 
You have browser issues, most likely malware or a bad plug in, as chrome does not block either and has a built in spell check.
 
Back
Top