Sase's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a update on Candy Sales: I calculated price per oz but this is only for the Premium Candy (ie Snickers, Milky Way, M&M's Reeces, those types of fun size treats, not candy corn and stuff)

Publix has 5.59/Bogo (buy one get one free) for M&Ms, Milky Way and other Mars Candy for 20 oz bags. About $.13 per oz.

Kroger: 2.0o0 for 12 oz bags of Butterfinger, Snickers, Hershey About $.16 per oz.

Walgreens :4 for 10.00 11 oz bags lof Snickers, Reeces Milky Way, Crunch $.22 oz or $.13 after Rebate,

CVS: (updated from last week) $2.00 per 11 oz bag of Hershey's , Reeces, Kit Kat $.17 per oz.

Rite Aid: 1.99 same as CVS basically

Also checked the big box stores and warehouses but did not find any earth shattering bargains!

Using a coupon will, of course bring your cost per oz way down!! The Nestle Coupon below can be used on any 10 oz or larger Nestle Candy, including Butterfinger, Baby Ruth, and Nestle Crunch.

I did a Reconnaissance Mission for Halloween Candy this week, although of course all the smart shoppers bought candy when they could get it free with coupons! Got two bags (11oz) for 2.99 at CVS minus 1.00 Coupon, not bad at all but ate most of it so will have to go back and get more. This week Publix will also have BOGO (buy one get one free) candy deal and there are pretty good specials at Walgreen's as well, especially if you have coupons and don't mind doing rebates. A manager tells me they may mark it down BEFORE Halloween if there is a lot left. If you need a good candy coupon, there is a $1.00 off Nestle at http://www.verybestkids.com/CelebrationCorner/Default.aspx Why is that a great coupon? Look around, most are for $1.00 off when you buy 2



What with Halloween around the corner - made for interesting reading ....
 
I just broke 2 little boys bubble. I went in to put their clean sheets on the bed and do a '10 second tidy' while putting on the sheets (which I hate making bunk beds) I noticed that there was 'stuff' under their bed. I got down on my hands and knees and heard 2 little uh oh's behind me. 2! 2 garbage bags full of school papers, posters, gum wrappers, JUNK I say!! I FREAKIN' hit the roof. Needless to say I have 2 little boys now in bed and it's lights out! As I was walking down the steps I heard the youngest one say,"Mom really should be the witch of wizard of oz it's more fitting."
 
I just broke 2 little boys bubble. I went in to put their clean sheets on the bed and do a '10 second tidy' while putting on the sheets (which I hate making bunk beds) I noticed that there was 'stuff' under their bed. I got down on my hands and knees and heard 2 little uh oh's behind me. 2! 2 garbage bags full of school papers, posters, gum wrappers, JUNK I say!! I FREAKIN' hit the roof. Needless to say I have 2 little boys now in bed and it's lights out! As I was walking down the steps I heard the youngest one say,"Mom really should be the witch of wizard of oz it's more fitting."

I know the feeling!
 
OMG I think everything they ever had was shoved under there! I'm surprised there wasn't anything or one dead.

They do that.

My mother was visiting one day and decided she'd take the brat home with her. He went to get his things together. She was sitting on his bed talking. He reached inside the top drawer and took out his dress shoes for church. She nearly had a hissy. He explained to her that we had missed church one Sunday because he couldn't find his shoes. His punishment was to sit on the side of the bed all day. He wasn't allowed to read or practice the piano. He solved the problem by putting them in a drawer when he found them.
 
They do that.

My mother was visiting one day and decided she'd take the brat home with her. He went to get his things together. She was sitting on his bed talking. He reached inside the top drawer and took out his dress shoes for church. She nearly had a hissy. He explained to her that we had missed church one Sunday because he couldn't find his shoes. His punishment was to sit on the side of the bed all day. He wasn't allowed to read or practice the piano. He solved the problem by putting them in a drawer when he found them.

Yup sounds like something I would do. Both of mine were acting up through Christmas morning service. Talking about what santa left pushing and hitting each other. I leaned over and whispered in the middle one's ear, every time I raise a finger it means we stay here after ALL the people are out an extra 10 minutes a finger. Sitting in the 2nd pew my daughter's mouth dropped. Well an hour later we got to leave church. :D It never ever happened again!
 
It was hard to come up with a suitable punishment for him. He was happy to go to his room. A co-worker, who also had an only son, told me to have him sit on the side of the bed. He couldn't even go to the bathroom without permission. It worked!
 
It was hard to come up with a suitable punishment for him. He was happy to go to his room. A co-worker, who also had an only son, told me to have him sit on the side of the bed. He couldn't even go to the bathroom without permission. It worked!

when my oldest and middle one fight bad and I've had enough I make them be bookends both of them on the floor with their backs touching. Stupid I know but pretty soon they are laughing together and not calling each other horrible names.
 
when my oldest and middle one fight bad and I've had enough I make them be bookends both of them on the floor with their backs touching. Stupid I know but pretty soon they are laughing together and not calling each other horrible names.

I used to do that to the kids when they argued. I even tied two eighth graders together. We called them conjoined twins, since they each had to share an arm.
 
I used to do that to the kids when they argued. I even tied two eighth graders together. We called them conjoined twins, since they each had to share an arm.

hmmm maybe I'll have to take the rope out of the garage and try that next time.
 
hmmm maybe I'll have to take the rope out of the garage and try that next time.

It's a wonder I didn't get fired for all the stupid things that I did. I have a short video clip of a kid spanking himself. That was made in the last five or six years. It is too funny.
 
It's a wonder I didn't get fired for all the stupid things that I did. I have a short video clip of a kid spanking himself. That was made in the last five or six years. It is too funny.

My son had a teacher last year that was known to be a big bitch. A friend of mine would have to take her daughter to school kicking and screaming everyday because she was scared of her. When I asked little man about it he said yeah she cries and cries all day. I said "Really? Is the teacher yell alot? Is she mean?" His reply was, "Yeah kinda, she yells like you do, she wants it done and right now not 5 minutes from now." :eek:
 
My son had a teacher last year that was known to be a big bitch. A friend of mine would have to take her daughter to school kicking and screaming everyday because she was scared of her. When I asked little man about it he said yeah she cries and cries all day. I said "Really? Is the teacher yell alot? Is she mean?" His reply was, "Yeah kinda, she yells like you do, she wants it done and right now not 5 minutes from now." :eek:

I wasn't that kind of mean. I wanted everything done my way or no way at all. The kids who behaved didn't mind so much. I was always treating my kids to stuff. Our cafeteria baked cookies a couple of times a month. When my homeroom came back to me for Special Projects, I would give them cookies. Sometimes I'd even buy milk. (usually the cafeteria supervisor would give me milk if she had a lot on hand) There would be these 8th graders having milk and cookies like they were in kindergarten.
 
I wasn't that kind of mean. I wanted everything done my way or no way at all. The kids who behaved didn't mind so much. I was always treating my kids to stuff. Our cafeteria baked cookies a couple of times a month. When my homeroom came back to me for Special Projects, I would give them cookies. Sometimes I'd even buy milk. (usually the cafeteria supervisor would give me milk if she had a lot on hand) There would be these 8th graders having milk and cookies like they were in kindergarten.

Crap I'm 38 and still love milk and cookies :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top