The Lesson

I can hear somebody in the house - but there is noreply. % look around then shrug and walk to sit in the car. I'll give her time - she may be out and trying to get back
 
I heard the doorbell, but was frozen to the spot in the kitchen not knowing whether or not to answer it. Even though I have been mulling it over in my head all week. I just can't decide what to do.

Nes wasn't supposed to be back home this early. Why does she always have to mess things up!

"Mum... mum... it's Pete from the driving school. I think he wants to talk to you."


"OK, look I'm just going out for my lesson..."

But before I get a chance to finish my sentence, Nes has run down the stairs and is standing at the opened front door beckoning at Pete to come in.

I feel overcome with a heady concoction of jealousy, guilt and confusion to see them both standing there in my hallway smiling at each other!

What the hell do I do now?
 
I sit for a moment - then look to the door - there's Ness! 'oh - is this the end?' she becons me to the house so I get out and walk to the door

'hi Ness - you OK?' god this is difficult 'look - I'm sorry about... Well you know. Is you Mum ready for her lesson?'

I glance around and there she is - looking beautiful. 'Hi Rebecca - everything OK?'
 
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll233/mover625/th_36b7avatar1.jpg

Pete's back at the front door looking past me to see if he can see mum and I can hear her behind me in the hallway.

'Hi Rebecca - everything OK?'

I answer for her.

"No of course it fucking isn't. I want you to tell mum why you tried to fucking rape me in your car."

I screw my face up so's I can force some tears. I'm pretty good at that and it usually works with the guys at college and I just know that Pete will be shitting himself.

"You tried to rape me and now you're shagging my mum. Do you get your dick out for every driving lesson or only for the women?"

The tears are running down my cheeks now and I turn to mum and cuddle into her.

"Do something please ... make him go away."
 
Ness's outburst is shocking - 'hey - it wasn't like that Ness! You kissed me first, and you mum and I are not fucking! I..... Maybe I had best go wait in the car'
 
'Hi Rebecca - everything OK?'

Before I get a chance to answer Pete,Nes jumps in..

"No of course it fucking isn't. I want you to tell mum why you tried to fucking rape me in your car. You tried to rape me and now you're shagging my mum. Do you get your dick out for every driving lesson or only for the women?"

Nes is crying and she turns to cuddle me.

"Do something please ... make him go away."

This is all too much to cope with!

"I think you had better go Pete!"
 
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll233/mover625/th_36b7avatar1.jpg

"I think you had better go Pete!"

I can't believe this. I've just told my mother that this man tried to rape me and all she can say is you'd better go? I want him to fucking crawl across the floor and kiss my feet... or at least grovel and say sorry.

"Mum, how can you say that. He tried to rape me. Call the police or somethig but he can't just walk out of here. How many other women is he going to attack. He ought to have his bollcks cut off and be castrated."

I snivel and squeeze out some more tears.

"Mum, look at me... he tried to rape me."
 
"Mum, how can you say that. He tried to rape me. Call the police or somethig but he can't just walk out of here. How many other women is he going to attack. He ought to have his bollcks cut off and be castrated."

OK, I know Nes is capable of histrionics but I have never seen her so upset before !

Maybe she is telling the truth. I need to know.

"Mum, look at me... he tried to rape me."

"Is this true Pete! Did you try to rape my 18 year old daughter!"
 
I'm shocked - horrified at how this has turned out. 'No! Rebecca - I did not - I told you she kissed me,I responded - that is it. She's behaving like this to get rid of me - but that is your choice. I guess you'll believe her though so maybe I had better leave. If that's what you want?'
 
'morals? Yes it was wrong and what we did was different well maybe I had better go if this is how this is going to develop'

I turn to leave 'Rebecca - I do feel... Exactly what I said last lesson.'
 
Before Pete gets the chance to answer, Nes Blurbes..."Mum.. who're gonna believe? Me or this pervert?"

"You bastard. How can you just stand there? You know what you've done. The only thing missing is your fucking raincoat. "

"Mum... do something for chrissake...Mum!!"

Pete retorts 'Ness' 'that's not fair - tell the truth'[/I]

Whoever is telling the truth, Pete had already confessed to kissing Nes so something definitely happened.

"Pete, she is an 18 year old girl and you were in a position of trust. Even if it was only just a kiss it was inappropriate and it would appear that there was a lot more to it than that!"

"I can hardly believe that you then went on to seduce me. Are you completely devoid of any morals!!!"
 
'morals? Yes it was wrong and what we did was different well maybe I had better go if this is how this is going to develop'

'I do feel... Exactly what I said last lesson.'


"I thought I felt the same way but I am note sure that I know you now"

"Just leave Pete, and don't come back!"
 
I stand there for a moment and then begin to feel the emotion overtake me - 'I'd leave everything for you, I told you I loved you and I mean it still. Mistakes happen - it doesn't change what's inside and Ness I'm sorry but you're wrong - I never meant for anything to happen'
I turn and walk slowly down the path to the car
 
So Pete has left. Nes has also left the house in one of her monumental strops and I am sitting in her bedroom crying, missing Pete and wondering where it all went wrong.

Then I notice her diary lying on her bedside table. I have never looked in it before but now I feel justified. I need to get to the truth!

Her latest entry is enough to convince me that there was no attempted rape, that she knew we were seeing each other that her objective was to split us up.

Well she has messed my life up for the last time. I know now that, although I love Nes dearly, she is an adult now with her own life to lead and I want to be with Pete. I feel no guilt about being unfaithful to my husband, I have been trapped in this loveless marriage for too long.

I am 35 years old and have my whole life to live.....but not like this!

I pick up the phone to talk to Pete, my whole body is trembling and the tears start to flow..

As he answers, all I can say is "Pete,I am so sorry, please come and get me!"
 
The phone rings as I sit there - I answer to bepolite expecting a tirade.

but Rebeccas voice is something different and her words lift my heart - I drive straight there - tears replaced by a smile.

I run to the door and ring the bell....
 
I hear the door Bell ring and rush to answer it.

Emotion gets the better of me and I am crying as I greet him.

"Pete! I am so sorry! I know now that nothing serious happened with Ness and I am so sorry to have misjudged you. My emotions have been all over the place but I am clear about what I want now!"
 
she's crying - I can't stop from stepping to her and opening my arms 'what Rebecca - what are we doing?'
 
I step into the house 'where's Ness? What happened?' and just held Rebecca kissing her hair
 
Pete holds me in his arms.

'where's Ness? What happened?'

"Nes has gone out, and let's just say that I know now that she was lying and I also know that I want to be with you."

I kiss Pete gently on the lips and my tears melt away.
 
we kiss tenderly - and I just hold her. Wanting her smile and her warmth.

'what do we do now?' I want to take her away but we have to face up to events
 
"We have so much to talk about Peter but first...."

I take Pete's hand and lead him upstairs to my bedroom. I know my husband won't be back for hours and I need Pete right now!
 
Back
Top