What's for dinner?

Do I have to buy an upgraded table cloth to avoid being held up to ridicule???

Not that I'm aware of.

I just find it a bit too incongruent for fine dining to be served on a plastic picnic table tablecloth. There's nothing wrong with doing it that way so the blame is all on me and my snooty assed attitude.
 
The mortar and pestle flex is noted.

And it would seem that you HAVE drank the kool-aid.


Crushing peppercorns and such things for various dishes is a lot easier when using the correct tools for the job. And it comes in very handy when your garlic powder turns into a solid in the spice jar.

Notice that it sits right next to the container of cat toys (milk jug tops) on one side and that recently criticized Folgers instant coffee on the other.

The kool aid is used to flavor various fluffy stuff and/or meringue cookies.

And of course the keen eye will notice that my house is a mess because life is messy.
 
Hiyashi rice again! It’s simple and yummy and my son missed it last time because he was in Europe.

That reminds me. I forget to get mushrooms for it! Off to the store!
 
Crushing peppercorns and such things for various dishes is a lot easier when using the correct tools for the job. And it comes in very handy when your garlic powder turns into a solid in the spice jar.

The kool aid is used to flavor various fluffy stuff and/or meringue cookies.
Useful to know! Thanks!

Cooking used to be known as cookery. I always imagined it to mean working sorcery but with food.
 
Useful to know! Thanks!

Cooking used to be known as cookery. I always imagined it to mean working sorcery but with food.

The thing about using kool aid as a flavor agent is that sometimes it's sour instead of the sweet you're expecting. For example; the blue raspberry always comes out sour and not refreshing at all.

It's best to experiment in private before going live for guests and or munchkins.
 
Another vote for Carbonara. In this case, Chicken and mushroom fettuccini carbonara.

20260726_180718.jpg

There are many recipes for carbonara out there. Some use soup for the sauce, others use a cheese bechemel of some type. This one, however, used 3 egg yolks and 1 whole egg mixed with Parmesan and some chopped parsley as the sauce. Which is the traditional method.

And dessert. Sliced and ready to serve.

20260726_180646.jpg

Of course I overate. What do you think I am, a vegetarian?
 
Salmon patties resting on a bed of cauliflower puree with a Mediterranean Greek salad on the side. Dessert is a parfait layered with vanilla pudding, Russian Diplomat cream, peaches, and a soft crumble with a soft shortbread cookie on top.20260802_175815.jpg

Dessert beauty shot:

20260802_175931.jpg

Sorry weasels, no leftovers.
 
Salmon patties resting on a bed of cauliflower puree with a Mediterranean Greek salad on the side. Dessert is a parfait layered with vanilla pudding, Russian Diplomat cream, peaches, and a soft crumble with a soft shortbread cookie on top.View attachment 2662969

Dessert beauty shot:

View attachment 2662970

Sorry weasels, no leftovers.
That meal looks fabulous. Great job.
 
That meal looks fabulous. Great job.

I had to do some prep, that pudding isn't going to make itself, chill, and set in 1/2 an hour, but other than that everything took maybe 45 minutes from start to sit-down.

Cooking isn't that difficult if you have a plan and do all the steps needed.

For instance, next week is shrimp something or other with rice and Showa custard. That means I have to set aside time in my schedule to make the custard before Sunday. I'll probably do it Friday since my Saturday is usually busy.

Plus that means I have Saturday to retry to create whatever it is that I'm making if I screw it up on Friday.
 
Last edited:
I had me one of those Whopper burgers. I always thought that jingle was brilliant- It takes two hands to handle a Whopper. It was only dirty if you have a dirty mind.

It was delicious. It had the lettuce tho. We'll see. :)
 
I had me one of those Whopper burgers. I always thought that jingle was brilliant- It takes two hands to handle a Whopper. It was only dirty if you have a dirty mind.

It was delicious. It had the lettuce tho. We'll see. :)

Ewe... Lots and lots of girl sheeps.

I don't eat fast food, haven't since before Covid and rarely even then.
 
I had me one of those Whopper burgers. I always thought that jingle was brilliant- It takes two hands to handle a Whopper. It was only dirty if you have a dirty mind.

It was delicious. It had the lettuce tho. We'll see. :)
I should be ashamed. I eat BK 5 days a week for lunch. I also use the app because App Privilege is a thing.

If I end up the victim of Lettuce Gone Wild, well, at least I didn't need to fill out a card.
 
Too late for me for health to break out. :)

<-- is an old fart who intends on doing what's necessary so he can keep getting older.

Don't get me wrong, I like to dine out and do so fairly often. What I don't do is eat garbage food that's actually designed to get you addicted to it.

No junk food, no Starbux, no fast food, no Baskin Robins/Ben n Jerrys, no nada of any of that stuff. (Although I have been known to sneak into a donut shop on occasion, just not that More-like-Greasy-instead-of-Krispy Kreme place.)
 
Back
Top