What's for dinner?

What the hell is that? Lol. Speak! :)

Oh, so you like/need/want pics with descriptions? Imagine that...


FWIW, these are beef and cheese enchiladas with cheddar cheese and sweet pepper sliced on top.

Left over beef roast, reheated and shredded before adding to sauteed onions and jalapeno pepper bits. Add just a touch of water, not too much you don't want it sloppy, you just want to coat everything with a light sprinkle of packaged taco sauce mix. Add the rest of the packet of spice mix to a can of tomato sauce.

Heat tortillas in the microwave in either a tortilla safe or under wet paper towels, smear some red sauce on one, add some of the filling, a generous helping of cheese and roll. You don't even have to tuck the ends.

Smear some of the red sauce in a baking pan to prevent sticking/burning and start loading in the enchiladas. Pour the last of the red sauce on top and spread it around covering everything, sprinkle with cheese and sweet pepper slices and bake at 350* until the cheese is melted and turning brown.

I told youse guys once that I eat like a normal human during the week. These aren't gourmet but they're certainly proper Taco Tuesday fodder.
 
Oh, so you like/need/want pics with descriptions? Imagine that...


FWIW, these are beef and cheese enchiladas with cheddar cheese and sweet pepper sliced on top.

Left over beef roast, reheated and shredded before adding to sauteed onions and jalapeno pepper bits. Add just a touch of water, not too much you don't want it sloppy, you just want to coat everything with a light sprinkle of packaged taco sauce mix. Add the rest of the packet of spice mix to a can of tomato sauce.

Heat tortillas in the microwave in either a tortilla safe or under wet paper towels, smear some red sauce on one, add some of the filling, a generous helping of cheese and roll. You don't even have to tuck the ends.

Smear some of the red sauce in a baking pan to prevent sticking/burning and start loading in the enchiladas. Pour the last of the red sauce on top and spread it around covering everything, sprinkle with cheese and sweet pepper slices and bake at 350* until the cheese is melted and turning brown.

I told youse guys once that I eat like a normal human during the week. These aren't gourmet but they're certainly proper Taco Tuesday fodder.
Ok. I'd eat that. Lol. :)
 
Ok. I'd eat that. Lol. :)

I told you, I eat like normal folks during the week. I have a frozen pizza in the freezerator that I will probably bake later in the week but unless I've got something specific planned, dinner is simple stuff. Last night was fried egg sandwiches. Frozen pizza later this week, maybe, or tuna casserole. French toast or waffles also make it to the dinner table on occasion.

I do admit that I eat a lot of eggs and cottage cheese. More than most do because I'm still trying after all these years to hit my 150g daily protein requirement. Which is why there's milk with meals.

But Sundays are special.
 
She's a good girl. Rescue at 9 months - she killed chickens at her former home. She has a nice yard here and a Lab running mate. They bonded immediately. He is the mouth, and she is the muscle. She wasn't sure about me when we first met. I guess her former male humans has been the discipline. I was a bit big and a bit loud. I toned it down a bit and she got used to me. Also, I make sure she gets treats - human leftovers.
I loved my dog more than most humans.
 
I’ve had cats for the last 25 years or so. I feel that way about several of them. These are the first dogs in a while. Along while.


Honestly, loving the critters more than humans is a pretty low fucking bar.


Needless to say, I get it completely.

The difference between cats and dogs:

Dogs will lay down their lives for you out of love.

Cats expect you to do all the dirty work on your own because you love them.

It's why all dogs go to heaven and cats have 9 turns on the wheel of karma.
 
The difference between cats and dogs:

Dogs will lay down their lives for you out of love.

Cats expect you to do all the dirty work on your own because you love them.

It's why all dogs go to heaven and cats have 9 turns on the wheel of karma.
Dogs are pack animals. They work for pack survival. Cats are solitary predators that semi-adapted to domestic life.
 
Sushi!

My son is going back to college soon, and it’s hard to justify all the work of making it from scratch when it’s just three of us.

I got some nice salmon, yellowtail, seared albacore, and chutoro. No salmon eggs tonight because they looked iffy. We do have Japanese cheesecake for dessert though.
 
Sushi!

My son is going back to college soon, and it’s hard to justify all the work of making it from scratch when it’s just three of us.

I got some nice salmon, yellowtail, seared albacore, and chutoro. No salmon eggs tonight because they looked iffy. We do have Japanese cheesecake for dessert though.
I tried sushi once or twice but I can't take to it for some reason. I would love to be able to enjoy it as it is a healthy food but I find the taste offputting for some reason.

Did it take you a while to grow accustomed to the taste of the sushi by any chance?

I had a basic pasta dish for diner today, it wasn't great to be honest but at least I'm not hungry.
 
I tried sushi once or twice but I can't take to it for some reason. I would love to be able to enjoy it as it is a healthy food but I find the taste offputting for some reason.

Did it take you a while to grow accustomed to the taste of the sushi by any chance?

I had a basic pasta dish for diner today, it wasn't great to be honest but at least I'm not hungry.
Find a good sushi bar and tell the chef you’re a beginner. Let him guide you. You can try one dish at a time. Tuna, salmon, and yellowtail are good to start with. They’re smooth and buttery. Pour a little soy sauce in the dish they provide and dip the sushi fish-side down so the rice doesn’t get soaked. It’s ok to use your fingers.

There are some fish that are acquired tastes. I like mackerel, but it’s very fishy. I wouldn’t start with that. And I still can’t stand sea urchin or natto, so I don’t order them.
 
Country dinner tonight. Pan seared pork loin in a spiced rum and apple glaze, buttered and cubed sweet potato, charred onion and broccoli. Dessert is an Apple Charlotte topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of hot buttered rum caramel sauce.

20260816_180339.jpg

Different pic but it's from the same batch of Apple Charlottes.

20260815_181917.jpg
 
Tomato base? :)


Yes, ma'am. I couldn't find any fresh Romas at the stands around here, so I used Contadina, the big cans: two crushed, one sauce, one diced, and a 6oz can of paste. Couple of onions and a green pepper sauteed with lotsa garlic. I also tossed mushrooms in and a bag of broccoli slaw with other bits for some texture. I used bean sprouts last batch and liked the consistency. I three some green salad olive pieces in, too. Salt, pepper, Dash, Italian seasoning, a few drops of red whine vinegar and a few more of Italian salad dressing. The sauteing was done in extra virgin olive oil, and I browned a pound of chuck and a pound of Italian sausage to make it go from sauce to gravy.
 
Yes, ma'am. I couldn't find any fresh Romas at the stands around here, so I used Contadina, the big cans: two crushed, one sauce, one diced, and a 6oz can of paste. Couple of onions and a green pepper sauteed with lotsa garlic. I also tossed mushrooms in and a bag of broccoli slaw with other bits for some texture. I used bean sprouts last batch and liked the consistency. I three some green salad olive pieces in, too. Salt, pepper, Dash, Italian seasoning, a few drops of red whine vinegar and a few more of Italian salad dressing. The sauteing was done in extra virgin olive oil, and I browned a pound of chuck and a pound of Italian sausage to make it go from sauce to gravy.
You saved the best part for last. Lol. :)
 
I'm having a chicken salad sandwich I made on, what's today, Tuesday and sitting in the hotel room at Mayo wishing I was home. :)
I see you’ve given up on posting one good thing Donald Trump has done in his entire life.

We’re having leftover hayashi rice tonight for dinner.
 
Gravy over raw spinach leaves. This is it in the pot earlier:

View attachment 2671948

Before you add the beef your gravy sounds a lot like the sauce I use when I make Confit Biali. The only difference is that I use fire roasted tomatoes and puree everything to make it smooth before generously ladling over the sliced veggies and baking.

It's so good even someone who hates eggplant (ie; most guys) will love it even without meat in it.
 
Back
Top