What's for dinner?

You asked for one and you got it. Your TDS won't allow you to accept it. You eat a lot of rice. Are you poor? :)
Everyone in my family likes rice. They like potatoes too but that’s more cold-weather food.

Last night was broiled tritip with a side of rice and green beans. Sunday was homemade sashimi over sushi rice.
 
Before you add the beef your gravy sounds a lot like the sauce I use when I make Confit Biali. The only difference is that I use fire roasted tomatoes and puree everything to make it smooth before generously ladling over the sliced veggies and baking.

It's so good even someone who hates eggplant (ie; most guys) will love it even without meat in it.


My first ex-wife made a pretty good eggplant Parm. She was a damned fine cook.
 
Good God. There's more of you? :)
My husband and I have two kids. My son is home from college right now so I’m cooking for four of us. Plus the dog.

Another weird thing about Trump is that he doesn’t have any pets. Not even a cat.
 
4 eggs. 3 double yolks. Not bad.

Hidden under there is toast, cheese and mustard. You'll have to imagine the garnish and tabletop decor.
food.jpg
 
On food forums I get roasted over milk being my choice of drink with meals.
 
I love milk but drinking too much causes problems. Growing up we had milk in our cereal and with dinner. What's the issue?

They're convinced everyone becomes lactose intolerant after weaning during childhood so to them milk spoils the meal.

Meanwhile they drink boxed wine by the gallon or beer by the case and end up with severe osteoporosis (and sometimes liver failure) by the time they're 60 while ignoring the fact that milk is the basis of ice cream and even some cocktails. Which they have no objection to for any reason let alone lactose intolerance.

I prefer milk with meals. For me it's a source of daily calories/minerals that also includes necessary fluids.
 
They're convinced everyone becomes lactose intolerant after weaning during childhood so to them milk spoils the meal.

Meanwhile they drink boxed wine by the gallon or beer by the case and end up with severe osteoporosis (and sometimes liver failure) by the time they're 60 while ignoring the fact that milk is the basis of ice cream and even some cocktails. Which they have no objection to for any reason let alone lactose intolerance.

I prefer milk with meals. For me it's a source of daily calories/minerals that also includes necessary fluids.
Holy fuck - you truly think the world is against you.... that's funny.
It's milk.
People drink water sometimes .
 
I love milk but drinking too much causes problems. Growing up we had milk in our cereal and with dinner. What's the issue?

I've cut back on dairy big time. I try to take a quality over quantity approach, especially with food.

If that whole "they're poisoning us through food" conspiracy theory proves to be true I bet its through processed cheeses and cheap ice creams.
 
I've cut back on dairy big time. I try to take a quality over quantity approach, especially with food.

If that whole "they're poisoning us through food" conspiracy theory proves to be true I bet its through processed cheeses and cheap ice creams.
Milk is probably one of the least offenders on a long list of stuff we shouldn't be eating. I can see the logic in pasteurization but it would be nice if raw milk wasn't illegal.

I was a vegetarian for about a year and a half. Bacon lured me back to the Dark Side. :)

I read somewhere that every hotdog takes 30 seconds off your life, or something like that.

These days, I eat way too much crap. Too lazy to cook. We really need to be eating whole foods.
 
Milk is probably one of the least offenders on a long list of stuff we shouldn't be eating. I can see the logic in pasteurization but it would be nice if raw milk wasn't illegal.

I was a vegetarian for about a year and a half. Bacon lured me back to the Dark Side. :)

I read somewhere that every hotdog takes 30 seconds off your life, or something like that.

These days, I eat way too much crap. Too lazy to cook. We really need to be eating whole foods.
Do you cook your bacon or eat it raw?

Because it’s weird to complain about pasteurization while cooking bacon or chicken.
 
Do you cook your bacon or eat it raw?

Because it’s weird to complain about pasteurization while cooking bacon or chicken.
I cook it. Salmonella is a thing.

There is merit in the idea of pasteurization. But we got along just fine with consuming raw milk. Do you cook everything you eat? It's my understanding that sushi is raw fish.
 
Milk is probably one of the least offenders on a long list of stuff we shouldn't be eating. I can see the logic in pasteurization but it would be nice if raw milk wasn't illegal.

I was a vegetarian for about a year and a half. Bacon lured me back to the Dark Side. :)

I read somewhere that every hotdog takes 30 seconds off your life, or something like that.

These days, I eat way too much crap. Too lazy to cook. We really need to be eating whole foods.
I grew up using raw milk. We can still buy it over here. And I have never had a hotdog. Never.
 
After weeks of heatwave, we have a bit of respite with cooler weather. Kitty needs feeding. So lunch today is sausages and mashed potatoes. Supper is lettuce soup, slow-cooked lamb shanks and Brussels sprouts, and greengages for pudding.
 
Back
Top