2024 Nude Day Contest support thread

Wait and see what the final sweeps do. Those of us who were posting before any sweeping was done are probably a lot less irritated by the current status of this.

Wait and see what the final sweeps do. Those of us who were posting before any sweeping was done are probably a lot less irritated by the current status of this.
Regardless of what the sweeps do with my scores, I just think it's a particularly unpleasant thing for whichever "anonymous" voter it is to do. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Regardless of what the sweeps do with my scores, I just think it's a particularly unpleasant thing for whichever "anonymous" voter it is to do. I just can't wrap my head around it.
Maybe these aren't the best "contests" for you to enter then. This is supposed to be fun/arousing, not irritating.

I'm here to have fun and maybe gain some more readers, not to win, but I did notice weird things happening to my scores overall.

I definitely earned some bombs on my lesser-voted stories (outside of I/T, basically) that brought them down by a few notches. Even some of my most "resilient" submissions in I/T that have hundreds and haven't changed in weeks have suffered a drop. Curiously, my one story in T&CG that was typically around 4.67 or thereabouts have somehow risen to 4.76 and is now my highest-rated ever.

So, yeah, strange things.

Yesterday and the day before, my vote count went down by 2, and my scores went up.
I hadn’t thought about keeping track of total votes. For my first contest, I’ve been satisfied with the results, although my previous story (Nude Beach Surprise) is getting more attention than the contest story. I should have held onto that one for the contest!

Yesterday and the day before, my vote count went down by 2, and my scores went up.

I've not noticed any sweeps. There's often a small sweep, oh, around now... but the BIG one only happens at the end. There's no real point worrying about scores. Just throw out your best stuff and hope for some gratification. We all get bombed to some degree or another; it's just another opaque part of an opaque system.

No, I've decided that this is the last one. It's not good for me.

Aww. Sorry to hear that.

No, I've decided that this is the last one. It's not good for me.
I find the value of contests is additional exposure for a month, and greater likelihood of a read from forum regulars. I do myself a service by not expecting to win, or caring too much about the rating. In fact I cemented that certainty by posting my nude day entry in LW. It has been fun watching it slowly climb up to a somewhat reasonable score from the 2.25 it had on its first morning. Now I might even get an H after the sweep... Probably not tho. Probably go from 4.43 to 4.44 or something.

Sorry for the stupid question: what's that all about, sweeps and all that? Do you mean that some votes you receive for your story are sometimes removed afterwards? Are there not some sort of moderators to watch over what is happening? I understand this might not be an easy task with the size Literotica has grown but still...

Sorry for the stupid question: what's that all about, sweeps and all that? Do you mean that some votes you receive for your story are sometimes removed afterwards? Are there not some sort of moderators to watch over what is happening? I understand this might not be an easy task with the size Literotica has grown but still...
The site periodically sweeps away votes they think are from people doing stuff like voting multiple times. No one knows the mechanics of it.

The first rule of Sweeps Club: we don't talk about Sweeps Club.

Nah, it's just some completely opaque algorithm the site uses to "sweep" suspected double votes and other assorted shenanigans. They are closemouthed about how it works, as a countermeasure against hacking or whatever. This has led to broad speculation here in the AH.

Some contests feature several sweeps, the earlier adjustments being comparatively minor. But the sweep at the end, just about when the contest ends, is normally quite severe. The speculation is that there are different algorithms for different purposes.

Smaller sweep(s) early on, a bigger one 12-24 hrs before the announcement and then a big sweep along with the final results has been my observation. I’ve not paid any attention this time since my story is way, way too far down to have any chance of getting the blue W.

I had two votes swept from where I was when I last looked ten hours ago. Obviously was more than two because I went up .03, to about where I was when the score started "mysteriously" dropping on day one LOL. It was probably more along the lines of twenty votes, assuming I picked up about the same number I've been averaging in a similar timeframe the previous 24-36 hours. Probably just a sweep for something else wiping out a troll or ten who slipped up and left too many traces. Full-on contest sweeps typically don't happen until the last minute.

OK, I now have had two votes swept from one of the entries I wrote. (Going up into the Hot, at least temporarily).

Okay, I haven’t been tracking this contest closely so I have no idea about vote total changes but a definite sweep came through. My entrant has been hovering around 4.60, and now jumped to 4.74. I didn’t expect to contend (zero nudity, no coitus, not on nude day, and in the wrong category, for starters🤣), but that’s a pretty good jump based on my past experiences.

Okay, I haven’t been tracking this contest closely so I have no idea about vote total changes but a definite sweep came through. My entrant has been hovering around 4.60, and now jumped to 4.74. I didn’t expect to contend (zero nudity, no coitus, not on nude day, and in the wrong category, for starters🤣), but that’s a pretty good jump based on my past experiences.
You, madam, could make a burlap-clad knitting circle hot. I hadn't realized you had one entered. I shall definitely look it up.

You, madam, could make a burlap-clad knitting circle hot. I hadn't realized you had one entered. I shall definitely look it up.
Why thank you very much, Tarn. High praise. If you are so inclined, last Halloween I entered Malleable ( https://literotica.com/s/malleable ) late in the contest cycle and it got almost no attention. It’s one of my favorites, but still languishing with about 20 votes. Any attention/feedback would be much appreciated.

Back