Author's "Cafe" or what not

well i think i like the idea,keep it all nice and organised so everything does what it says on the box!

a serious bit for serious nonesense and a silly bit for seriously silly stuff...

or something like that...

personally i don't like the idea of having an actual name thing going on,looks kinda elitest and know one would have a clue what it was for*L*..or is that the idea? keep them retched newbies out...get a couple of big scary dogs and we'll be sorted...

OK btw..i just woke up so if i don't make sense thats why!

Trouble with keeping the wretched newbies out, is that with a bit of seasoning, they taste delicious. :eek:

The obnoxious egotists would just barge in anyway, and give everyone a bad taste in their mouths. :mad:

Hmm! Something tells me I should have taken time for breakfast this morning, after all. :(

deliciously_naughty said:
I like the idea of a sub forum

would that lead to demand for a separate Dom forum? then one for switches?

sorry- couldn't resist.

You know, Earl-boy, you've got something. I do like Fangio's as a name (and its especial elitist ref.), and I do like (despite my american nostalgia) keeping it not so nationalistic (yikes).

In fact with Fangio's we could deliberately not post any explanations and wait and see when someone turns up to match and thrust (or is it parry) with you. ;)

English Lady: you gave me a few grins and a laugh; you make as much sense in the morn as I do. :)

Quas: eat your porridge.

Hugs: go back to the pony girl thread.

sincerely,
Perdita Parker :rose:

Perdita,

One thrusts with one's own sword and parrys a blow from the other gentleman's sword. :cool:

They continue to meet thrust with parry until one of the gentlemen becomes a shish-kabob. :eek:

Food! :rolleyes: Why is it always food :confused:

Quasimodem said:
One thrusts with one's own sword and parrys a blow from the other gentleman's sword. :cool:

Food! :rolleyes: Why is it always food :confused:
Thanks, I knew a Hamlet or Hotspur would come to my rescue.

Food, always food? It's the next best thing to sex, silly.

I'm a pear (to Earl, but NOT pear-shaped).

Perdita :rose:

perdita said:

Hugs: go back to the pony girl thread.

sincerely,
Perdita Parker :rose:

doest mine humour offend thee?
would you prefer me over thine knee?
better I should be a thorn
an object of scorn
that is what I would pick
than a rose which might prick:rose:

please accept this humble apology
as poor a poem as it may be:)

Last edited:
Cafe' name

Got inlate here so my two penath would be for the open forum to be called "The not so dead erotic writers society

Great ideas though from the start it will be a bit like a chat room with time lag. Mr Hawkins please explain:rolleyes:
But then aren't we all a little warped, engage:confused:

Last edited:
no apology necessary, Hugs,

but I'm grateful for the poem.

I should have put a silly smiley next to my command; it was a poor joke as you were getting on about d/s things.

So here's a thornless but fragrant rose for you, dear Knaughty Knight :rose:

Lady Purr

Dorothy Parker

Men seldom make passes,
At girls who smell like garderobes.

I'm not sure, but I think there's something wrong with that second sentence.
MG

Maths,

You've given me my first real guffaw of the day.

muchos bessos, Perdita

Re: no apology necessary, Hugs,

perdita said:
but I'm grateful for the poem.

I should have put a silly smiley next to my command; it was a poor joke as you were getting on about d/s things.

So here's a thornless but fragrant rose for you, dear Knaughty Knight :rose:

Lady Purr

Knaughty Knight... I love it!
can I steal it as my new title?

Re: Dorothy Parker

MathGirl said:
Men seldom make passes,
At girls who smell like garderobes.

I'm not sure, but I think there's something wrong with that second sentence.
MG

if this was the pony training thread, you could say " that smell like asses"

Re: Re: Dorothy Parker

sirhugs said:
if this was the pony training thread, you could say " that smell like asses"

Dear SH,
True, but I'd never say something like that.
MG

Hugs and Maths:

I love the juxtaposition of your two AVs on the page.

Knaughty Knight is yours, luv; gratis.

Perdita

This is beginning to sound like the Wodehouse Affair. Everyone with assigned names, attempting to stay in character. :eek:

Well, if it must! I want first dibs on 'Will Cuppy'. :rolleyes:

Re: Hugs and Maths:

perdita said:
I love the juxtaposition of your two AVs on the page.

Knaughty Knight is yours, luv; gratis.

Perdita

If I scroll realllly fast, it looks like MG is sitting on your head...talk about juxtaposition!

Re: Re: Re: Dorothy Parker

MathGirl said:
Dear SH,
True, but I'd never say something like that.
MG

where's durtgirl when we need her ?

Her own personal garderobe, hmmm...

sirhugs said:
If I scroll realllly fast, it looks like MG is sitting on your head...talk about juxtaposition!
LOL-ing, you knaughty knerd.

If anyone ever inquires about your tag you'd better cite me.

Put-on Perdita :mad:

Chicklet said:
I want to hear from MG and Svenskaflicka...but 'flicka's in London, isn't she?

Awwwwww... I'm so touched! You're a sweetie, Chicklet!:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

No, I won't go to London until Friday morning.

OK, so we're looking for a name for a bar with a literary connection, huh? OK, I have one, but it's kinda far-fetched, so I have to tell you the story behind:

A few years ago, mum and I went on a holiday to China. It was a trip originally designed for the study of Chinese handicraft. We went together with a whole group of people of all ages, all interested in handicraft. On our last night in Beijing, we all went out for a drink. We found a funny little bar that didn't have any electric lights, and in the light of a lot of candles, we drank the local speciality - snake vodka! I actually have a photo of a giant bottle of vodka with three snakes rolled up inside of it. It tasted like... not very good.
Anyway, one of the old men stood up and held a little speech about what a nice journey it had been, and suggested that we should name this bar, and give it a Swedish name. He suggested that since we were in China (communist, red), and since this bar served snake vodka, we should name it Röde Orm, Red Snake, which is also the name of a Swedish literary hero, a viking who sailed all over the world.

So, to summon up a long story, my suggestion is that we name the bar Red Snake .

Bar names

At the risk of being semi-obscure What about The Broken Drum where we could play "Cripple Mr Onion" and sing various ribald verses of "Glod glod glod"

Gauche

So we've got three ways of doing this:

One

The Author's Hangout as it is remains the primary forum. We could change it to "cafe" or whatnot, but it would have to say "Authors" in it. Maybe Author's and Editor's Cafe or something. In this case, the primary forum would be fun and games stuff. Chit chat, whatever.

The following forums could become the more writing oriented subforums of the Hangout, but they don't have to:

Story Ideas forum
Story Feedback forum
Story Discussion Circle
Editor's Forum
a new writing talk only forum

Two

The Author's Hangout would still remain the primary forum, but it would be the serious discussions on writing forum. Chit chat would be placed elsewhere.

The following forums could become subforums, but they don't have to:

Story ideas forum
Story Feedback Forum
Story Discussion Circle
Editor's Forum
A chit-chat fun forum.

Three

Everything stays as it is.

Note: If the SDC or the Editor's forum become one with the Hangout, my moderatorship just moved in by default.

What do you guys think?

we're not looking for names

this was actually a thread to find out if people *liked* the idea of a seperate hangout for "chat" purposes...this is just the example of off topic threads that we need = )

(scrolling back up to look through km's post)

KillerMuffin said:
Note: If the SDC or the Editor's forum become one with the Hangout, my moderatorship just moved in by default.

What do you guys think?

That wouldn't bother me at all because if we do decide to dictate some sort of rules around here we'll need someone who has the power to move the threads where they belong - just in case someone *accidentally* clicks the wrong button or whatever. accidents do happen.

Back