Deep Space [OOC/Recruitment Thread]

So, what's the deal with the Christmas reference? =D I take it that it comes from the last Deep Space run?

OoooooooooooommmmmmmmMMmmmmmmm! I foresee characters coming across meat in some fashion. Someone planned ahead or something like that. =D

I make a killin' Korean BBQ and Hawaiian style BBQ's. I figure everyone can do a decent usual grill.

Right! LOL!!! Okay, ya'll got me. Sometimes, its like I'm a Valley Girl. :eek:

Hehehe

:rolleyes: Does this mean we can say, "Screw aliens-smelians or sex! It's Christmas and we're going to have a kickass cookout!"

I am also a decent bartender. While I don't drink much, I do find fun in making others drinks. Mwahahah

Rex? Turn into an evil alien and go on a killing spree? I don't think so. That was all war propaganda from another thread. Rex is a protector of near virginal woman and stray dogs.

I will post today to allow my character to catch up with everyone. Afterwards, you all are free to post a second round. It doesn't matter what order as long as you all got a chance to post a second time. Just to reiterate, if I don't receive any news about the two inactives, then I am going to remove them from the game and open their roles.

All right I posted. For this next round, I want you guys to use Tagging in the "Title" box of each post. You will write Tagging: and then the names of those characters your character has mentioned or is interacting with. This will catch those players' attention.

There will be a brief, so hold off on the Food Strike. There will be a Christmas Party announced so be patient everyone. :D

Question on Bathrooms

Is there a general shower/bathroom that's unisex or do we all have one attached to our rooms? My initial thought (from reading posts) is that we have private bathrooms.

HC - The girl that watches Victor fight with his door--who is that or is that suppose to be a secret for now?

Mess Hall - Okay, so, is it cafeteria style or self serve buffet?

HC: Fei Yen, gāi míng nánzǐ xiǎng de jī ròu sānmíngzhì…” What laungage is this? The translators can only make out one word "Pick" Or did you make it up?

I would like to reply in kind to the Director...nicely this time.

HC: Fei Yen, gāi míng nánzǐ xiǎng de jī ròu sānmíngzhì…” What laungage is this? The translators can only make out one word "Pick" Or did you make it up?

I would like to reply in kind to the Director...nicely this time.

I'm gonna guess Chinese. Most likely Mandarin.

Vailyn & Everyone:
The first post, which describes the Odysseus in its entirety tells you what everything is like. I had the explanation of the showers and living quarters jumbled together. I just now broke it up so everyone can see it.

The girl that watches Victor is a random NPC of no signficance and value.

The Mess Hall is cafeteria style.

BRIGHTWELL: Fei Yen is speaking Mandarin Chinese.

You don't have to ask me for permission to reply to The Director. You can have your character interact with her at his/her own risk.

I don't think you're currently accepting male characters, but I wanted to go ahead and write mine for whenever a spot opens up. It was an exercise in creativity I enjoyed anyhow.

Name: Dr. Benjamin Blackburn
Nickname: Ben, Shock Therapy
Height: 6'3
Weight: 200 lbs
Hair Color: Blue
Eye Color: Grey
Visual Description: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgpa6y7C61rqnj2go1_1280.jpg

Written Description: Benjamin Blackburn radiates an eerie, apathetic coldness for someone in his field of work. The warm, compassionate smiles common in a typical doctor's bedside manner never touch his lips. He manages a wry smirk at best. Likewise, his eyes, steel grey and unforgiving, rarely betray the man's emotions.

It's been speculated that Ben's hair turned blue to match the ice in his soul. The more likely answer is simply that he dyes it. The short, azure hair is always a haphazard mess as if hastily combed through with fingers and nothing more. Stubble darkens his cheeks, completing his rough, unkempt appearance.

He wears the usual doctor's coat but rolls up the sleeves to keep them from becoming bloodstained. He speaks in a deep baritone with a noticeable Southern drawl.

Fuck pacemakers. Ben has an artificial heart. Bio-mechanical connectors affix it to his natural cardiovascular system. No matter the situation Ben's guaranteed to have a steady heartbeat. Were his heart to falter or fail he'd probably need both a doctor and an engineer.

Personality: He's ice on the surface. Nothing affects him. Blood and gore, the bread and butter of his profession, are viewed with absolutely no measure of frantic panic whatsoever. He doesn't even know fear.

He's efficient. No action is wasted in his field surgeries. He doesn't bother with any conversation he considers pointless and will simply walk away.

There's warm blood somewhere within his frozen veins. It's hard for him to tap into his underlying passion and only manages it when the hotter emotions like lust and anger finally burst to the surface.

Likes: Writing incomprehensible poetry, dissecting anything living, and intelligent conversation with the occasional bout of witty flirting

Dislikes: Confrontation, interruptions, and idle chatter

Talents: He's an excellent surgeon and medic, skilled at keeping patients alive long enough to reach the proper medical facility. His poetry, however, is more of an untalent in how remarkably bad it is.

Psychological Quirks: Call it an inner monologue. His distrust of others borders on paranoia. It probably doesn't help that he has an urge to dissect patients as he's operating on them, an urge he fights daily.

Brief Background: Ben's from Asheville, North Carolina. His parents were working stiffs. Nine to fivers with little time for their fifth son. A knack for dissecting kept him amused as a child.

Scholarships paid for his medical schooling, and he started as an intern at a local hospital. He had a bright future as a successful doctor. That is until he lost his heart to a girl. Literally. She crashed into him, and the steering wheel of his vehicle crushed his chest. Ben was even clinically dead for a few minutes.

It was a rebirth. Oracle, out of the kindness of their hearts, donated their latest artificial heart, thereby saving his life. He began to notice that he wasn't the same man he'd been before, that emotions came rarely to him. His newfound apathy fouled his career as a doctor and landed him working in the morgue with patients that didn't care about his cold bedside manner.

Oracle's “kindness” proved to be a debt, and they came to collect.

Equipment:

BioTech Shock Glove: The glove snugly fits on any hand due to miniscule sensors within the fabric that react to body heat. The main device of the glove rests in the palm, forming a raised starburst pattern when activated by a light tap. Its function is to deliver a shock directly to a patient's heart. Quantity: 1

BioTech Plasma Scalpel: Born of military technology adapted for medical use, the scalpel looks like a miniature gun that directs a thin and precise beam of blue plasma that cauterizes as it cuts. It has a power cell that has to be kept charged. Quantity: 1

Biotage Compress: Nicknamed “The Leech” by Ben, the compress actively sucks up blood when applied to an open wound and stretches to cover that wound. The black material will even wiggle about as if alive, as if hungry for more blood. Quantity: 1

Alien Encounter: B, C, E
Dos: Foreplay, kissing, flirting, biting, oral (both giving and receiving), anal, spanking, bondage, rough sex, and gentle sex
Donts: The usual. No toilet-play, bestiality, or ageplay.

I'll get with you in a few days Spectacles. We may have some drop outs, so I'm giving them until Friday to revive. If I don't get a PM, then I'll add you to the team. Although, we'll be in serious need of a Captain and Helmsman.

Maddison to Bryana: Coffee? What coffee?

Bryana: o_o..........

It's a conspiracy to make us all starve. So we'll be willing to do anything for the right to good chow. :rolleyes:

Just a quick question. We're still waiting on people to do their 1st posts, or do we move on to our 2nd?

Back