EEK! Sorry sorry sorry sorry

*Notes the artist comparrison, Mozart, Bach, Clapton... interesting mix, I love all three, but none the less, interesting*

The Joke was beyond my time, alas, but I'll figure it out some time. Hm... I have a fun memory,

Doc Brown "If you're from 1985, who's president?"
Marty "Ronald Regan."
Doc: "What? The Actor?! "

I love Back To the Future...

*remembers the novels, movies... and funny lines!*

Medi

Aaah, ol' Slowhand, the great white bluesman that wasn't SRV (hell, who could even possibly be close to SRV) - And yes, Layla is truly tremendous, if somewhat overplayed.

Raph, guitar afficionado, player and obsessive.

raphy said:
Aaah, ol' Slowhand, the great white bluesman that wasn't SRV (hell, who could even possibly be close to SRV) - And yes, Layla is truly tremendous, if somewhat overplayed.

Raph, guitar afficionado, player and obsessive.
Well, I assume you're referring to the "Pride and Joy" of Dallas, Texas, Stevie Ray Vaughan. In light of that particular SRV being in his grave and pushin' up flowers, I'd just as soon not be too damn close to him.

Rumple Foreskin

Last edited:
Aloha! Clapton fans all, I see. Following your thread this evening has brought many so many laughs my gut is starting to hurt. Amazing, and how delightful are the talents and brains lurk about this place. Pardon my interruption of the party.

Grabs his sorry ass and meanders back into obscurity...

Clay Tanner said:
Aloha! Clapton fans all, I see. Following your thread this evening has brought many so many laughs my gut is starting to hurt. Amazing, and how delightful are the talents and brains lurk about this place. Pardon my interruption of the party.

Grabs his sorry ass and meanders back into obscurity...
That is totally unacceptable Mr. Clay Tanner. You get your sorry ass out of those meanders and back in here. We all have a lot of hello-in' to do!

Hi I'm Carrie, aka Champagne. Howdy-doo?

Rumple Foreskin said:
Oh yeah, The Big A was famous for his brand of gut-bucket, juke-joint, Castilian blues.
The big three: Flatt, Scruggs, and Segovia
MG

MathGirl said:
The big three: Flatt, Scruggs, and Segovia
MG
Shame on you for trying to fool all these nice folks. Earl Scruggs was a banjo picker. Maybe you meant to say, Chet Atkins. But then both he and Lester Flatt were more famous for playing country and bluegrass than for singing the blues.

What about Segovia, B.B.King and anyone whose nickname is, "Blind?" But now that I think about, Eric Clapton was in the British blues group "Blind Faith" so maybe he qualifies.

RF

Last edited:
i dont really understand what you all be talking about but i will try to understand.... as of well i do play dominoes but i am not that that good (if that is what you are trying to mean by the dominoe comment).. also well i dont really have female problems cuz well it is just confusing questioins that i would like to be str8end out for me but other then that i am kinda happy and all about the advice you gave me their smarty but other then that i am so damned busy that i only really post once a night so have fun and all... ill try and stay on reading this tonight as late as possible b4 i just collapse or sumthing so yeah......

i dont really understand what you all be talking about but i will try to understand.... as of well i do play dominoes but i am not that that good (if that is what you are trying to mean by the dominoe comment).. also well i dont really have female problems cuz well it is just confusing questioins that i would like to be str8end out for me but other then that i am kinda happy and all about the advice you gave me their smarty but other then that i am so damned busy that i only really post once a night so have fun and all... ill try and stay on reading this tonight as late as possible b4 i just collapse or sumthing so yeah......

Great guitar players

First, thanks Carrie. Here's a take on guitarists for all you gifted writers: A great classical, especially, a serious flamenco guitar player, whose fingertips can dance across a fretboard, and stretch effortlessly to span so much of the neck, if they have learned to master (or even just fake) the staccato speed right hand fingertip "trilling" as heard in "Recuerdos de del Alhambra", well, (ahem, the old guitar player clears his throat for effect, sometimes) ladies, can you imagine those skilled fingertips trilling away within? Now, comparing the rapid double picking technique of SRV or how about Dick Dale??? (Imagine a cheap, rough-edged vibrator with new batteries that's stuck in overdrive). Leaves again to resume his manicure....

Re: Great guitar players

Clay Tanner said:
First, thanks Carrie. Here's a take on guitarists for all you gifted writers: A great classical, especially, a serious flamenco guitar player, whose fingertips can dance across a fretboard, and stretch effortlessly to span so much of the neck, if they have learned to master (or even just fake) the staccato speed right hand fingertip "trilling" as heard in "Recuerdos de del Alhambra", well, (ahem, the old guitar player clears his throat for effect, sometimes) ladies, can you imagine those skilled fingertips trilling away within? Now, comparing the rapid double picking technique of SRV or how about Dick Dale??? (Imagine a cheap, rough-edged vibrator with new batteries that's stuck in overdrive). Leaves again to resume his manicure....

As a professional musician, I have *never* used that imagery to entice female fans into my bed.

Nope, not me.

Never done it.

*coughs and glances about himself*

"You date a guitarist, you get a man with good fingers. You date a drummer, you get a man with good rhythm. You date me, you get both"

Raph, multi-instrumentalist.

Re: Re: Great guitar players

raphy said:

"You date a guitarist, you get a man with good fingers. You date a drummer, you get a man with good rhythm. You date me, you get both"

I play a pretty mean harmonica, with a kick-ass vibrato. How's that for innuendo?

Clay, here's one woman who is very glad you came back. I say you outclass the others on 'tar talk.

Me, I like pianist fingers. Favorites: Glenn Gould's, but he'd dead (though not in my head when I listen to his CDs).

Met an air-guitarist recently who has piano fingers, so I'm happy.

Perdita ;)

p.s. to BiGaZnMaLe: you're clever enough to remain sweet.

A lot of that going around

perdita said:
Glenn Gould's, but he's dead
Dear Perdita,
Mr Gould shares that characteristic with a lot of people. He's not nearly as weird as he was when alive, though.
MG

Met an air-guitarist recently who has piano fingers, so I'm happy.
Unaccustomed as I am to getting off a thread's topic :) since we have several folks who claim to know how to pick more than their nose, I decided to follow up on Perdita's comment with a question about "air-guitarist".

The first person I ever saw doing that on-stage was Joe Cocker during his "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" tour with Leon Russell back aound 1970. Was that the start of the current A-G stuff?

Wondering as he wanders through life,

Rumple Foreskin

Last edited:
Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin Was that the start of the current A-G stuff?
Dear Rumple,
It's my theory that the air guitar has been played as long as there have been men unable to actually play the guitar.
Postulately,
MG

Re: A lot of that going around

MathGirl said:
Dear Perdita, Mr Gould shares that characteristic with a lot of people. He's not nearly as weird as he was when alive, though.
MG
Maths, Glenn (yes, we're on familiar terms) was an artistic genius, all eccentricities are normal for his kind (as opposed to mathematical genii).

Perdita

Great guitarists to origins of air guitar

Rump: I suggest your quiry about the origins of air guitar is like many serious musical innovations: born in America and improved upon by the English. I suggest the first mass performance of A G goes back at least another decade and was first done by none other than "the King". Some of his movies show him in song and dance routines where rudimentary air guitar moves are obvious.

Perdita: I like you. You ooze feminity at its very best. It permeates the ether and lingers now so pleasantly in the air about my computer... After all, the well used brain is a wonderful sex organ.

To those with multi instrumental fantasies, I say: rave on.:cool:

Not cos he sez I ooze, but I agree w/Clay re. the Brits and guitar. Thing is, R&R began here (sprung from da blooze by poor white boyz), then all the Yank lads got too comfy and well fed (on all counts) so the hard-life Brits took over. That's my concise musical history theory.

Clay, I think our brains came in sync for just the right timing. ;)

Perdita

Back