Is this how we want to welcome new members to the board?

flyguy69 said:
This would be a great name for a challenge.
It would! :D But then we'd really scare away the newbies with the pink threads and the bastard threads and all the sex posts. God. I love it here.

I dunno, look at the response.

"fucking" thread had 96 responses, she is well known by Lit everywhere or the playground from what I have read, insulting some, showing a bit of humor, liking the attention, admitting to bombing some poems.

Some people come in quietly with 29 views and get 1 response, and then what? Are they forgotten? Especially if their attempts arent the best and who's is really? Does this also encourage them to continue? If they are persistant for a month or two and still not quite write what is liked or wanted or viewed as erotic, it takes years to hone the skill, it takes work and time.
How many here who are "in" and write non erotic poems get lots of attention yet these newcomers are passed by. no one wants to spend time responding to them. Speaking of myself included here. I havent responded to many nor been around lately.

It's either one way or another, fucking and flaming for glory, or being consistant and wonderful and family, but the inbetween here doesnt count most of the time, the struggling and newcomers arent really welcome, said hi to, and if they don't grab attention, are quickly forgotten.

and because I am not jumping up and down making gestures and swearing, causing a rucus, nor am I consistant, this will be passed by without a thought or my thoughts will be ignored from here on in.

This is not to point fingers, make anyone feel guilty or upset, to hurt anyone, nor is it to settle on any one person's shoulder or responsibility, but just to think and reflect a minute.

*goes off in the other room to talk to herself there*

I probably don't know what I am talking about right now and desperately need another coffee. Just tell me to go take my meds and come back in a year or two :rose:

echoes_s said:
I dunno, look at the response.

"fucking" thread had 96 responses, she is well known by Lit everywhere or the playground from what I have read, insulting some, showing a bit of humor, liking the attention, admitting to bombing some poems.

Some people come in quietly with 29 views and get 1 response, and then what? Are they forgotten? Especially if their attempts arent the best and who's is really? Does this also encourage them to continue? If they are persistant for a month or two and still not quite write what is liked or wanted or viewed as erotic, it takes years to hone the skill, it takes work and time.
How many here who are "in" and write non erotic poems get lots of attention yet these newcomers are passed by. no one wants to spend time responding to them. Speaking of myself included here. I havent responded to many nor been around lately.

It's either one way or another, fucking and flaming for glory, or being consistant and wonderful and family, but the inbetween here doesnt count most of the time, the struggling and newcomers arent really welcome, said hi to, and if they don't grab attention, are quickly forgotten.

and because I am not jumping up and down making gestures and swearing, causing a rucus, nor am I consistant, this will be passed by without a thought or my thoughts will be ignored from here on in.

This is not to point fingers, make anyone feel guilty or upset, to hurt anyone, nor is it to settle on any one person's shoulder or responsibility, but just to think and reflect a minute.

*goes off in the other room to talk to herself there*

I probably don't know what I am talking about right now and desperately need another coffee. Just tell me to go take my meds and come back in a year or two :rose:
Did you say something? :D

WickedEve said:
Did you say something? :D

LOL, first word came to my mind was bitch slap! hehe

seriously though, the one you responded to eve...reminds me of my first bout of poems, trying so hard to rhyme, possibly just out of high school, first time posting on a board. It takes guts to make this first step.

This is MissL's first time airing and she is a newcomer, young too I think. Definately in the first stages of writing poetry.
When I read her poem betrayed, my first thoughts went back to what I was first told a long time ago...to not to rhyme and let the words flow naturally, become familiar with my voice or pen.

echoes_s said:

seriously though, the one you responded to eve...reminds me of my first bout of poems, trying so hard to rhyme, possibly just out of high school, first time posting on a board. It takes guts to make this first step.

This is MissL's first time airing and she is a newcomer, young too I think. Definately in the first stages of writing poetry.
When I read her poem betrayed, my first thoughts went back to what I was first told a long time ago...to not to rhyme and let the words flow naturally, become familiar with my voice or pen.
wait, wait... who is Miss L?

echoes_s said:

This is MissL's first time airing and she is a newcomer, young too I think, but definately in the first stages of writing poetry.

by young I mean early 20's :eek:

WickedEve said:

Going back to check, Misslayne or something like that, her post was Betrayed, typical poem of betrayal from my take...between best friend and boyfriend.

echoes_s said:
Going back to check, Misslayne or something like that, her post was Betrayed, typical poem of betrayal from my take...between best friend and boyfriend.
Picture me sitting here like an idiot who knows nothing. (shut up pat, monkey, and fly.) How did we get started on MissL? I need to go back read your posts and figure this out. lol

WickedEve said:

Yeah, MissLayne. I went to her post a few times and started to write a comment, then go back to remembering how...doh, have to run, son has another concussion according to the school...will be his 5th (3rd this year)and this is not good.

echoes_s said:
Yeah, MissLayne. I went to her post a few times and started to write a comment, then go back to remembering how...doh, have to run, son has another concussion according to the school...will be his 5th (3rd this year)and this is not good.
:confused:

WickedEve said:
Picture me sitting here like an idiot who knows nothing. (shut up pat, monkey, and fly.) How did we get started on MissL? I need to go back read your posts and figure this out. lol

Really really sorry, it was just an example. I am on phone to dr's right now and he is not answering, damn it

echoes_s said:
Really really sorry, it was just an example. I am on phone to dr's right now and he is not answering, damn it
Why so many concussions?

WickedEve said:
Figured out... The newbie post echoes is making example of is Misslayne's Betrayed

WickedEve said:

close your legs...it's probably the draft that's distracting you

Tathagata said:
close your legs...it's probably the draft that's distracting you

i listen to instructions better than you.

......(i caved in, didn't i)

PatCarrington said:
as long as i don't look at your av again, you can expect that to continue. :cool:
Ha! I am not the only one on that AV of Eve's ;)

PatCarrington said:
i listen to instructions better than you.

......(i caved in, didn't i)

you just picking up on that sonny??
;)

( if you are going to cave...that's one of the better reasons i've seen to do so)

The Poets said:
We have new posters coming to the POETRY board and finding threads with "fucking" in the title and a red thumbs down. The threads begin with a poem and the poetry stops there.

I can understand you're not liking this, but is this not free speech? Perhaps in the wrong section or category, eh?

What you should do is move this thread or delete the damn thing because it's completely ridiculous. Brinnie has caused many problems all over the site, and I cannot believe this child is still here! Yes, I make comments to her. She gets under my skin worse than ring worm. And if you haven't realized Brinnie is underage, I'd open your eyes a little wider.

Now, to the comments on 'this' thread saying people who comment to Brinnie or anyone else with such low class are bored, have low self esteem, etc, aren't we all? We go back and forth teasing, flirting and joking around in ALL the threads. Me bored? Yup, I suppose I am being the stay at home mother with all the kids in school. I should be at the YMCA tightening up this booty of mine. Damn me, and for shame!!

The thread you're talking about is poetry? Poetry??? Huh? What?? It's going after people on the site, calling everyone mean, which again is ridiculous. This kid is obviously hurting, but if she wasn't such a turd, I'd stop commenting to her. If she wanted friends, she'd go about things a different way. Will I stop? Nope. Unless you block me from doing so. Maybe you should because I'd probably get more things done around the house. Bah, I don't go after her every time, but it's fun seeing some of the replies, and commenting next.

Poetry or attacking? (makes some grind their teeth. I, for one.)

Brinnie said:
ARRRRGH!
pirate.gif

glorious, glorious night.
posting onboard, lookin 4 a fight.
never look back 2 read what i write,

fear the enemy's lies- nothing true,
same sarcastic replies- nothing new.
as hard as you try, being mean is still not cool.

as if growing up in hate and piss,
would make u strive 4 higher ground,
but all that comes out of ur mouth is shit,
so you still deserve 2 get beat down.

meaningless, meaningless posters.
why don't you come get in my face?
Ill tell u why, because in the real world,
you'd get smacked all over the place.

And amist the raging fire... I live a life that's true.
so hide behind your phone wire, little postwhore, living the lie thats YOU.

Yeah man, this is just tits! :rolleyes:

Moving right along...

VelvetTourniquet said:
Mmmkay. I just like, hopped on the forums here (after ages of no success) and I think I caught the bad end of a violent heart transplant. Should I like, walk out, drop some Visine and come back in and hope mommy and daddy are done fighting?

Since this person hopped to the "Fucking Forum Postwhores" thread, don't you think it's a little odd the person has only been a member for a few days? Hmm, and that's the only place the person posted. I really don't think he/she really cared about the thread: another attention whore as many of us OR something the site may have decided to do. Hmm, makes one think.

Yeah, I know, I'm bold. Free speech and I speak my peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
saldne said:
The Poets,

Since this person hopped to the "Fucking Forum Postwhores" thread, don't you think it's a little odd the person has only been a member for a few days? Hmm, and that's the only place the person posted. I really don't think he/she really cared about the thread: another attention whore as many of us OR something the site may have decided to do. Hmm, makes one think.
Hm - no?

Back