Karaoke Story Event - Official Support Thread

I love the idea, will have to consider it.

If I did one, it would be "Goodbye, Stranger" by Supertramp.

It's about a musician gleefully enjoying his time with a groupie only to say goodbye the next morning, because of course he "must be moving on."

But I clearly stated in my first post I didn't think I'd have the time. I'm not 100% sure if I will or willn't; I mean won't yet. I'd like to and do need a story to put up here. But I want to do some horrible horror tale for Halloween. Decisions - decisions.
Post two on this thread. Your name was mentioned briefly; it is no more.

But I clearly stated in my first post I didn't think I'd have the time. I'm not 100% sure if I will or willn't; I mean won't yet. I'd like to and do need a story to put up here. But I want to do some horrible horror tale for Halloween. Decisions - decisions.
Sorry, missed/forgot that. Anyway, as I said, I took your name off. I will wait for confirmation in triplicate in future.

LOL it was three different possible songs, so that's sort of triplicate. I'll say, I'm doing this, "put song name here, artist here," for the Event, when it's official.
Sorry, missed/forgot that. Anyway, as I said, I took your name off. I will wait for confirmation in triplicate in future.

Think I'll pass, can't figure out a tune I want to write a story around. The words to Elton John's Island Girl come to mind.

"I see your teeth flash, Jamaican honey so sweet
Down where Lexington cross 47th Street
Oh she's a big girl, she's standing six-foot three
Turning tricks for the dudes in the big city"

And yes, she's a natural girl not a transgirl.

Ha, ha, very funny. Butcher, my beloved Shakespeare, Mary, Mary quite contrary.
I included some Hamlet for the Ogg memorial challenge. I wish folk looked past that soliloquy from time to time.

I prefer:

What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculties! In form and moving, how express and admirable; in action, how like an angel. In apprehension, how like a god. The beauty of the world, the paragon of animals.

I am reminded of this whenever I enact with my fellow man.

Sergeant 'Buster' Kilrain : Well, if he's an angel, all right then... But he damn well must be a killer angel. Colonel, darling, you're a lovely man. I see a vast great difference between us, yet I admire you, lad.
I included some Hamlet for the Ogg memorial challenge. I wish folk looked past that soliloquy from time to time.

I prefer:

What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculties! In form and moving, how express and admirable; in action, how like an angel. In apprehension, how like a god. The beauty of the world, the paragon of animals.

I am reminded of this whenever I enact with my fellow man.
The quote is from Gettysburg, but it is also almost verbatim in the book, The Killing Angels.

If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Merchant of Venice (but the jews weren't all that well protrayed in the story)

Think I'll pass, can't figure out a tune I want to write a story around. The words to Elton John's Island Girl come to mind.

"I see your teeth flash, Jamaican honey so sweet
Down where Lexington cross 47th Street
Oh she's a big girl, she's standing six-foot three
Turning tricks for the dudes in the big city"

And yes, she's a natural girl not a transgirl.

I always assumed that song was about a transvestite prostitute. Hence "one more John who make a mistake."

With Lucille and Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town by Kenny Rodgers, Roxanne by the Police, and so many others, you pick the low-hanging fruit. Not sure Roxanne is about a cheating wife, but the guy really didn't want her selling herself. Don't take me serious, I'm just messing with you.
I'm in. Put me down for Your Love, by the Outfield. I know it's real low hanging fruit but I've been planning to do a real cheating wife LW story anyway.

If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Merchant of Venice (but the jews weren't all that well protrayed in the story)
Is that from the original Klingon?

Back