My Andy Thread

Cub4ucme said:
Funny that you should pick an award winning poem to piss on.

That say's a great deal about your purpose for being here.

It also enlightens me to the fact that you know little, or nothing
about the subject matter of this board.

That's telling in itself.

best,
andy
May I ask what award this poem received?

flyguy69 said:
Did Toy Soldiers receive an award? I just found the poem at Sage of Consciousness. It's good.

flyguy69 said:

Sure, you may ask but, I'm not listing them all.

It received a Worldflair Poetic Mark of Excellence Award.

It's is been recoginized in other mediums with such
awards as Poem of the Week.

It's been publised many times based on media generated
requests.

I hope this answers your question.

best,
andy

Cub4ucme said:
Sure, you may ask but, I'm not listing them all.

It received a Worldflair Poetic Mark of Excellence Award.

It's is been recoginized in other mediums with such
awards as Poem of the Week.

It's been publised many times based on media generated
requests.

I hope this answers your question.

best,
andy
I can't seem to find any references to a "Worldflair Poetry Mark of Excellence" on the web (or "wordfair," "wordflair," etc.). Is the Poem of the Week citation this one?

Last edited:
flyguy69 said:
I can't seem to find any references to a "Worldflair Poetry Mark of Excellence" on the web (or "wordfair," "wordflair," etc.). Is the Poem of the Week citation this one?

Flyguy, with out sounding abrasive, Im not here to do what you
are asking me to do. The poem has won various POEM OF THE
WEEK awards.

Under two different names. Both the title of the poem
and authorship.

If you are attempting to trap me with these requests you
are making a mistake. The poem stands on its own.

best,
andy

Tathagata said:

Couldn't resist could you, Thelonius Monkey? (I so love calling you that).

PS L is gorgeous. You're, well I :heart: you, but she's much cuter. :D

Angeline said:
Couldn't resist could you, Thelonius Monkey? (I so love calling you that).

PS L is gorgeous. You're, well I :heart: you, but she's much cuter. :D

Nope blame it on the medoc

she tries to talk to me which, as you know, is a lost cause

she is love pure and simple

Tathagata said:
Nope blame it on the medoc

she tries to talk to me which, as you know, is a lost cause

she is love pure and simple

Have another glass. :devil:

Cub4ucme said:
Flyguy, with out sounding abrasive, Im not here to do what you
are asking me to do. The poem has won various POEM OF THE
WEEK awards.

Under two different names. Both the title of the poem
and authorship.

If you are attempting to trap me with these requests you
are making a mistake. The poem stands on its own.

best,
andy
I don't mean sound abrasive, either, but I am curious.

I can't find any other references to an award for that poem, so I'm left with the award of "Poem of the Week" at the "Peaceful Pub" as the sole citation. It appears that Ms. Jean Lewis of Eau Claire, WI thought that poem was the best one posted to that forum that week.

Earlier in this thread you mentioned a rigorous test you apply when deciding the merit of other poets' opinions: you evaluate their work. Have you read much of Ms. Lewis' work? Does it suggest to you that she knows more about poetry than your detractors on this forum?

What I'm really curious about is whether you apply the same test to accolades that you do to disparaging comments.

flyguy69 said:
I don't mean sound abrasive, either, but I am curious.

I can't find any other references to an award for that poem, so I'm left with the award of "Poem of the Week" at the "Peaceful Pub" as the sole citation. It appears that Ms. Jean Lewis of Eau Claire, WI thought that poem was the best one posted to that forum that week.

Earlier in this thread you mentioned a rigorous test you apply when deciding the merit of other poets' opinions: you evaluate their work. Have you read much of Ms. Lewis' work? Does it suggest to you that she knows more about poetry than your detractors on this forum?

What I'm really curious about is whether you apply the same test to accolades that you do to disparaging comments.

hey Flyguy!!!

I read through some of Ms Lewis' poetry, as far as rhymed poetry goes, it is fair. You say she is from Eau Claire? The profile I am looking at says Lexington, SC...( do you know anyone who lives there? :D) what a funky coincidence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Cubby, I was NOT pissing on your poem. OF course that doesnt matter to you, I know my opinion is not important to you, but its not a bad poem. I pointed out the misspelling because you made such a point to slam Liar because he made one.
I was merely curious to see how you would react to the methods that you use on others being applied to your own work.

Oh yeah, Stratego has 1 e, not 2.

best of luck in the future with your work, Unlike you however, I would welcome constructive comments, even from people whose style and ability varies from mine.

I am here to learn and have learned from a great many gifted people on this forum. Hopefully I will learn something from you.

:rose:

normal jean said:
hey Flyguy!!!

I read through some of Ms Lewis' poetry, as far as rhymed poetry goes, it is fair. You say she is from Eau Claire? The profile I am looking at says Lexington, SC...( do you know anyone who lives there? :D) what a funky coincidence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Cubby, I was NOT pissing on your poem. OF course that doesnt matter to you, I know my opinion is not important to you, but its not a bad poem. I pointed out the misspelling because you made such a point to slam Liar because he made one.
I was merely curious to see how you would react to the methods that you use on others being applied to your own work.

Oh yeah, Stratego has 1 e, not 2.

best of luck in the future with your work, Unlike you however, I would welcome constructive comments, even from people whose style and ability varies from mine.

I am here to learn and have learned from a great many gifted people on this forum. Hopefully I will learn something from you.

:rose:

You're going to have to work a little harder. I'm busy tonight so I welcome more of your attempts to diminish the poetic validity of "Toy Soldiers."

I expressed that it was an award winning poem. You have decided the only award it has received is "Poem of the Week" in the Peaceful Pub.

Remember, that was YOUR conclusion.

For the record, STRETEEGO-- has two E's.

You are referring to the American Board Game.

Once again, I find some of you to be about as mature as a puppy
looking for a shoe to chew on.

Carry ON!

best,
andy

Cub4ucme said:
You're going to have to work a little harder. I'm busy tonight so I welcome more of your attempts to diminish the poetic validity of "Toy
Soldiers."

I expressed that it was an award winning poem. You have decided the only award it has received is "Poem of the Week" in the Peaceful Pub.

Remember, that was YOUR conclusion.

** what conclusion was that? Until now, I had no idea it won an award...**

For the record, STRETEEGO-- has two E's.

**okay, so it does.**

You are referring to the American Board Game.

** yes, I am. Which does seem fitting in the premise of your poem, doesnt it?***

Once again, I find some of you to be about as mature as a puppy
looking for a shoe to chew on.

Carry ON!

best,
andy

Congratulations!! I am pleased infinitely that you have more than one award. YOU are in good company here. I could not begin to list t he people here who have received Poem of the Week awards, Pushcart nominations, and more!!

I have no desire to diminish anything you write, not at all. It pleases me to see you arent always quite so grumpy and I will now take this time to welcome you here.

I do truly wish you well and have read more of your work than just that poem. I read with an open mind, as ignorant and small as you perceive it to be.

Last edited:
Hey Cubby, what IS Streteego?

I can find no reference to it anywhere, none whatsoever. NO reference to it that makes any sense at all where your poem is considered.

Now, here is my problem with your poem.

It is well thought out, but it seems in your attempt to be , well, I dont know what you were attempting because that word is non -existant except to you.,

How does that benefit your poem in any way?

Please teach me something, I am confused by this choice of word and that is an important part of poetry, is it not?

Explain to me what I am missing, and if you can, without insulting me, because I am attempting to be respctful to you and learn something here. My tiny female mind cannot understand why one would use an obscure reference for something that is easily understood when spelled the other way... :confused:

Anyone else know what Streteego is?

normal jean said:
Hey Cubby, what IS Streteego?

I can find no reference to it anywhere, none whatsoever. NO reference to it that makes any sense at all where your poem is considered.

Now, here is my problem with your poem.

It is well thought out, but it seems in your attempt to be , well, I dont know what you were attempting because that word is non -existant except to you.,

How does that benefit your poem in any way?

Please teach me something, I am confused by this choice of word and that is an important part of poetry, is it not?

Explain to me what I am missing, and if you can, without insulting me, because I am attempting to be respctful to you and learn something here. My tiny female mind cannot understand why one would use an obscure reference for something that is easily understood when spelled the other way... :confused:

Anyone else know what Streteego is?
I thought it was the name of an old game.
Like I said before, I thought it was a good poem--certainly not bad. I don't know anything about that worldfair award, though.

Back