No Immunity for Inmate No. P01135809

Have ANY of you read the ruling I linked in the other thread?

maemCQ.gif

Board? Please allow me a moment…

I love, Love, LOVE Elie Mystal.

“If this case does get to the Supreme Court, and if the justices rule on the merits, Trump will lose. (I think 7-2 with Thomas and Alito dissenting, but I could also see it being 9-0 because Trump’s argument is that bad.)”

I am an idiot who knows nothing about the law and dropped out of college with no degree but outstanding debt. To see my out my ass points even remotely mirrored by Mystal brings a tear to my eye.

Me: “I expect a 7-2 vote. I believe Roberts may, may, try to convince everyone that SCOTUS needs to show a definitive 9-0 decision but Alito & Thomas just have no more F’s to give and are too far gone. They answer to no one - not Roberts, not the Senate, and certainly not the American people. In a functioning court, it actually should be 8-0 with a Thomas recusal. In my utopia, the vote would 5-0 - counting Thomas and the 3 trump appointees also recusing.”

I’ll be ok. Just gonna sit quietly over here in a corner. Talk amongst yourselves.

It's odd how Trump has been treated differently from ordinary criminal defendants. I thought the appeal was supposed to happen after a court ruling; not before. Get him in court and let the judge and jury decide. That's how it works
His case hasn't been handled any differently than any other.

His case hasn't been handled any differently than any other.
He's been afforded many privileges - incl an exemption from pre-trial detention. He'll drop his stall tactics if he's waiting in jail for his court dates

He's been afforded many privileges - incl an exemption from pre-trial detention. He'll drop his stall tactics if he's waiting in jail for his court dates
That's typical of prominent and rich people.

I grew up with this. Well at least until Reagan decided it wasn't needed anymore and pulled the plug. Heh.

It's a good reminder. Especially given the idiocy of the GOP candidate.

Back