Poetry Discussion Circle

WickedEve said:
Anxious to rip into one?
well maybe...
more anxious to read one
I know you find this hard to believe~ I'm a fan, sort of, I don't stalk, sort of

Ode to Senna Jawa

OM-pah, OM-Pah, OM-pah, OM-pah
all hail the king of dogma
while all the world slumbers
he sits and counts the numbers

Damn, that's alot of fingers

I warned you

twelveoone said:
I swear Eve, if you don't...I'll submit another one...you all wouldn't want that now.
I'm not planning to submit one any time soon. I want others to have an opportunity to go first. I'll be happy to set up a thread for a new poem and comment on the poem.

I had a list somewhere of the people who had made enough comments to be up next with their own poems. Let me go look for it, or update it.

PS: I remember Eve was right at the top...

Lauren Hynde said:
I had a list somewhere of the people who had made enough comments to be up next with their own poems. Let me go look for it, or update it.

PS: I remember Eve was right at the top...
Okay. Honesty time. I really can't take the stress of having one of my poems critiqued that thoroughly. I'm weak, and I've been on crack all week. I've been boozing and crying. I've been chasing the neighborhood cats and throwing rocks at cars. I ran outside half naked this morning and bit the elm tree in my front yard. Then I turned on a squirrel and... you don't want to know the rest. I'm not stable.

Here's a list of eligible poets who still haven't had anything critique'd:

- The_Fool
- Wicked Eve
- Vampiric_Mirage
- flyguy69
- Senna Jawa
- PatCarrington/TheRainMan
- Nickie Smiles
- cymry
- CrowSingsOver
- average gina
- jthserra
- darkmaas

One of you must have a poem to put up for discussion! Come on, don't be shy.

WickedEve said:
Okay. Honesty time. I really can't take the stress of having one of my poems critiqued that thoroughly. I'm weak, and I've been on crack all week. I've been boozing and crying. I've been chasing the neighborhood cats and throwing rocks at cars. I ran outside half naked this morning and bit the elm tree in my front yard. Then I turned on a squirrel and... you don't want to know the rest. I'm not stable.

Ohhh go ahead Evie! Who knows? Maybe it won't be ripped apart- maybe it will just be glanced at.

WickedEve said:
I was wondering who that woman was I was with all week ~ Crack Squirrel Challenge then.

twelveoone said:
I was wondering who that woman was I was with all week ~ Crack Squirrel Challenge then.
Um... I don't think we need a new challenge.
I actually stalked a squirrel this past Fall. He was twittering and twitching around my yard, and I followed him with my camera. He'd stop and look at me, then move a few feet, then look again. I have many photos of a big, bushy, blurry tail.

WickedEve said:
Um... I don't think we need a new challenge.
I actually stalked a squirrel this past Fall. He was twittering and twitching around my yard, and I followed him with my camera. He'd stop and look at me, then move a few feet, then look again. I have many photos of a big, bushy, blurry tail.
That was me, damn you, you promised...

WickedEve said:
Oh, that's your bushy ass in the photo. Sorry. Easy mistake to make...

I love the photos in your sig line. They look like aliens. :D

love,
Agnes

Lauren Hynde said:
Here's a list of eligible poets who still haven't had anything critique'd:

- The_Fool
- Wicked Eve
- Vampiric_Mirage
- flyguy69
- Senna Jawa
- PatCarrington/TheRainMan
- Nickie Smiles
- cymry
- CrowSingsOver
- average gina
- jthserra
- darkmaas

One of you must have a poem to put up for discussion! Come on, don't be shy.
Ahem. :eek:

Lauren Hynde said:
What?
Oh.
If no one volunteers soon, then someone can pick one of my poems that they'd like to tear into. But my god, don't pick something crappy. I have some crap in my submission's list.

Back