Sappy Romantic Chain Story Idea - Medieval Theme

Just touching base. . .

Schedule...

* Darkniciad - Sept 10
* deathlynx - Sept 17
* MrsDeathlynx - Sept 24
* RedHairedandFriendly - Oct 1
* slyc_willie - Oct 8

possible final chapters for each writer and the chain...

*marahat - Oct 16
*Darkniciad - Oct 23
*deathlynx - Oct 30
*MrsDeathlynx - Nov 7
*slyc_willie - Nov 14
*RedHairedandFriendly - Nov 21

I'm trying to wrap up in time to get the edit through before midnight tomorrow *laugh*

Darkniciad said:
I'm trying to wrap up in time to get the edit through before midnight tomorrow *laugh*
Do you think the story will be ready to close by the dates I have included? Or do you seeing us needing more chapters?

I'd say that determination lies primarily with you and Slyc. The important thing is the final confrontation between good and evil, and the two of you have the most insight into the primary players in that battle. Ms.D will need to wrap up Benedict and Muriel, and I'm sure there are threads others want to expand on, but the primary conflict is up to the two of you.

From my perspective, I could wrap Guy at any given moment. I have any number of ways I could move him along, kill him off, or fold him into a nice comfy position for a while.

Darkniciad said:
I'd say that determination lies primarily with you and Slyc. The important thing is the final confrontation between good and evil, and the two of you have the most insight into the primary players in that battle. Ms.D will need to wrap up Benedict and Muriel, and I'm sure there are threads others want to expand on, but the primary conflict is up to the two of you.

From my perspective, I could wrap Guy at any given moment. I have any number of ways I could move him along, kill him off, or fold him into a nice comfy position for a while.

MsD.... How are you feeling with the relationship between Muriel and Benny? ;) What time frame are you seeing for them?

I told Red I would need about two more chapters. Also, we need to keep the timetable in mind and work closer and clsoer to the magical 'Midsummer's Night' in which Bags' plans are realized. Obviously, that particular day would be my last chapter, but it might be helpful if the stories between now and then mention how close that day is coming.

RedHairedandFriendly said:
MsD.... How are you feeling with the relationship between Muriel and Benny? ;) What time frame are you seeing for them?
I should be able to get them in the sack in the third one, setting it up in the one that's due soon would give me plenty of time so it sounds good to me. :)

I'm going to have to have a talk with Slyc about some things. Bags is going to have to tie into this one heavily, and I want to make sure I have his reactions to everything correct. Between time and my previously napping muse, I'm struggling. I think I need a little inspiration from Bags himself to push this one over the edge.

Darkniciad said:
I'm going to have to have a talk with Slyc about some things. Bags is going to have to tie into this one heavily, and I want to make sure I have his reactions to everything correct. Between time and my previously napping muse, I'm struggling. I think I need a little inspiration from Bags himself to push this one over the edge.
I'm sure slyc is more than willing to help ya out. :) No rush on the chapter either; we're flexible.

In a PM back and forth with Slyc now. At least I know that I have Bags' reactions running true to character. I'm going to give DL a yell here in a minute, because he had an idea to play off something I'm starting in my chapter. Need to hammer it down so that everything meshes up and can be brought to a conclusion within the number of chapters we have running currently. May be a bit of a conflict between the two ideas, but I'm sure we'll find a common thread we can draw out of it to get both chapters over the hump.

Apologies for the delay. My brain simply wouldn't wrap around the period for some reason. I wasn't able to visualize properly, and things simply weren't flowing. I erased reams of stuff that read back as stilted once I let it simmer for a while.

Darkniciad said:
In a PM back and forth with Slyc now. At least I know that I have Bags' reactions running true to character. I'm going to give DL a yell here in a minute, because he had an idea to play off something I'm starting in my chapter. Need to hammer it down so that everything meshes up and can be brought to a conclusion within the number of chapters we have running currently. May be a bit of a conflict between the two ideas, but I'm sure we'll find a common thread we can draw out of it to get both chapters over the hump.

Apologies for the delay. My brain simply wouldn't wrap around the period for some reason. I wasn't able to visualize properly, and things simply weren't flowing. I erased reams of stuff that read back as stilted once I let it simmer for a while.
Thanks for checking in. If you need any help, just holler. :)

Think I may be onto something now. Slyc just suggested the very first idea I had, which I'd back-burnered, and I'm re-thinking it. I liked it a lot, but scrapped it for a reason I just might be able to mend.

Problem is, it might cause problems for DLs idea. Then again, I may have an idea of how to work that out too, since he immediately follows me in the schedule. With a delay, it would be hard to pull off, but following chapters just might work.

By Gump, I may be getting somewhere, because I have images and conversations flowing through my head now.

Lemme go make some Hamburger Helper for me and the youngun' and see what simmers while it's simmering :D

Darkniciad said:
Think I may be onto something now. Slyc just suggested the very first idea I had, which I'd back-burnered, and I'm re-thinking it. I liked it a lot, but scrapped it for a reason I just might be able to mend.

Problem is, it might cause problems for DLs idea. Then again, I may have an idea of how to work that out too, since he immediately follows me in the schedule. With a delay, it would be hard to pull off, but following chapters just might work.

By Gump, I may be getting somewhere, because I have images and conversations flowing through my head now.

Lemme go make some Hamburger Helper for me and the youngun' and see what simmers while it's simmering :D

Always glad to help :D

I can always improvise on the fly, you know that Dark...We'll figure something out, never fear...go with what feels natural and we'll figure it out in the end :)

deathlynx said:
I can always improvise on the fly, you know that Dark...We'll figure something out, never fear...go with what feels natural and we'll figure it out in the end :)

Finished another scene. I'll yell at you here in a bit to let you know where I'm going. I think you can continue along the same lines that you were with some modifications. Need to finish cookin', eatin', and get the young one into a bath before he passes out.

( He's on a halfway decent sleeping schedule right now ) :nana:

Everything is hammered out now, so I'm off to write, and then to bed when I can't keep my eyes open any longer.

If all goes as it has, I should get home a little early from work tomorrow and have the opportunity to attack it again. I'm going to do my damndest to have the first draft finished by tomorrow evening to send out for review before passing it on to my editor. He'll likely finish giving it the once-over before the day's out.

Again, apologies for the delay.

We may just have to ressurect another thread soon, beause a certain silvery-haired lass is whispering in my ear about Halloween. ;)

Darkniciad said:
Everything is hammered out now, so I'm off to write, and then to bed when I can't keep my eyes open any longer.

If all goes as it has, I should get home a little early from work tomorrow and have the opportunity to attack it again. I'm going to do my damndest to have the first draft finished by tomorrow evening to send out for review before passing it on to my editor. He'll likely finish giving it the once-over before the day's out.

Again, apologies for the delay.

We may just have to ressurect another thread soon, beause a certain silvery-haired lass is whispering in my ear about Halloween. ;)

I look forward to the story. :)

That silver-haired lass is hankering to reappear I do believe. ;) I look forward to that too. :D

I'm toying with my newest idea. . .Just wondering if I want to set it back in the past or in modern times.

Okay, I've changed the schedule since Dark needed a bit more time. Which we all know is not a problem for me or anyone.

Schedule

* Darkniciad - Sept 21
* deathlynx - Sept 28
* MrsDeathlynx - Oct 5
* RedHairedandFriendly - Oct 12
* slyc_willie - Oct 19

possible final chapters for each writer and the chain...

*marahat - Oct 23
*Darkniciad - Oct 30
*deathlynx - Nov 7
*MrsDeathlynx - Nov 14
*slyc_willie - Nov 21
*RedHairedandFriendly - Nov 28

Coming off a brief break before I write the final two scenes of my chapter. If I don't finish it this evening ( my eyes are getting pretty heavy ) then I'll certainly finish it tomorrow evening ( perhaps even morning ). Should be plenty of time for my editor to go over the main body of the text, and then spot-check any changes that might arise from reviews when I send the unedited draft out to everyone at the same time.

Finished the layout of the cover while I was stepping back to let these critical scenes percolate. ( attached )

Attachments

• ars_14_cover.jpg
    ars_14_cover.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Giving my chapter a final read before sending it through Word for spelling and grammar. As soon as that's done, I'll whip off PM copies to everyone and get it out to my editor.

There's still time to get in suggested changes. I can always have Roust spot check anything I change right before submitting. He's usually up fairly late.

RedHairedandFriendly said:

Benny :)

Hmm, I could get Evie calling him Benny in the next one. That would make him mad...

:)

Great work Darkniciad. Guy does not seem to have suffered any permanent damage from I could gather ...

Maharat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back