Sappy Romantic Chain Story Idea - Medieval Theme

Mine's moving Maharat - finally. I was at a dead end and it just wasn't coming together, but I brainstormed a bit with slyc and Red. They got me moving again to put some action into the chapter and actually take it somewhere.

I'm back off to work on it now, actually. I was just puttering around while my feet warmed up a little ( been out in the rain and cold for the last frikkin' two hours at work ) because it was distracting me.

My apologies for not getting the updated schedule up sooner. I'm in the process of moving, so I've been busy. :eek:

Schedule

*Darkniciad- Nov 14
*marahat- Nov 21
*deathlynx - Nov 28
*MrsDeathlynx - Dec 5
*slyc_willie - Dec 12
*RedHairedandFriendly - Dec 19

======

Black Tulip. :rose: Thanks so much for popping in. I know we are all very glad to see you're enjoying the story. :rose: :kiss:

RedHairedandFriendly said:
My apologies for not getting the updated schedule up sooner. I'm in the process of moving, so I've been busy. :eek:

Schedule

*Darkniciad- Nov 14
*marahat- Nov 21
*deathlynx - Nov 28
*MrsDeathlynx - Dec 5
*slyc_willie - Dec 12

======

Black Tulip. :rose: Thanks so much for popping in. I know we are all very glad to see you're enjoying the story. :rose: :kiss:

You mean, I have even more time?
:D

More time, whoo hoo!!! Also means I can avoid having it due right before black friday...*shudders at the thought of that weekend*

Well, I thought I had something *sigh* The time frame for the distance to Bags' new hideout simply won't work for what I was thinking. Then, I went back and read through it, and it looks completely contrived anyway.

So, I'm going to have to do what I should have done more than two weeks ago when the first couple drafts went south on me, and bow out ungracefully before I make any more of a mess of the schedule.

I simply cannot find anything for Guy to do that warrants a chapter, nor is there really any wiggle room to put him on the sidelines and play around with other characters. The timeframe remaining in the story is simply too condensed, and anything I would write with other characters would probably step on toes of everyone trying to wrap up their plotlines in preparation for the finale. ( and that's provided that what I wrote didn't end up being complete crap anyway )

I've literally written 10k words and tossed them all in the garbage heap over the last couple of weeks. This just wasn't meant to be, and I should have bowed to my instincts right from the beginning, because they were right. Guy simply has no purpose left in the story other than to turn on one side or the other at the very end.

Sorry everybody :(

I hate to see you go and if you truly feel you need to leave then do what is best for you. :kiss: My only concern is what happens with Guy when we are done? He's still a good character, actually now one of the main players for Bags. I wonder, if you'd be willing to write a chapter that would fall between slyc and mine? Would this allow you to ease Guy out of the story, or at least place him in a path that would take him toward his next goal in life?

I'm really sorry to see you do this, Dark. Of course I'm disappointed, but after our conversation last night, I can understand your reasoning. As Red pointed out, Guy still remains a good character, one that I hope you will allow us to utilize in the final chapters.

I hate to see you go and if you truly feel you need to leave then do what is best for you. :kiss: My only concern is what happens with Guy when we are done? He's still a good character, actually now one of the main players for Bags. I wonder, if you'd be willing to write a chapter that would fall between slyc and mine? Would this allow you to ease Guy out of the story, or at least place him in a path that would take him toward his next goal in life?

Slyc has Guy down, he can use and abuse him as necessary to bring the story to a close.

I honestly never saw Guy surviving the final confrontation. More than likely, he's going to decide that a life as a puppet vassal for an evil wizard isn't all that exciting or enticing. The perks without the thrill of the game just isn't going to do the trick for Guy. He's an adrenaline junkie at heart.

He's probably going to make a spur of the moment decision to turn on Bags during the final confrontation in an effort to get in with the much more exciting prospect of worming his way deeper into the kingdom under his own wiles -- and die horribly, of course. Guy is supposed to be a superior swordsman, far above and beyond the common soldier. Maybe his fatal contribution is the opening that the heroes need to bring down the invincible juggernaut, or perhaps the means to lead them to him at a time of their choosing, rather than Bags'.

I just can't find anything for Guy to do that warrants a whole chapter. He's scene material only with the time remaining until the finale. Considering I've scrapped three times as much garbage writing on half a dozen other stories in the last several weeks as I did tilting at the windmill of this chapter, I honestly don't want to bet on my muse returning any time soon. I can't seem to write anything but crap lately *laugh*

I'm pretty much putting my word processor aside for a while. Writing nothing is better than reading back through the stuff I've been writing lately.

I'm really sorry to see you go Dark, but I can understand where you are coming from. Just do what you need to do in order to preserve your sanity, goodness knows we can all use it this time of year...

I understand. I do hope to see you in other chains I'm involved in, whether I plan them or not. I enjoy writing with you and reading your work.

Sorry to see you go, Darkniciad. Guy was such an interesting character.

I am working on something this weekend. Please tell me if there are any further changes on the schedule...

Maharat

I believe we can let the schedule stand, where your date is still the 21st. I'm only online right now for a brief spell, because we're in the process of moving. My online access is limited to someones' week signal not being secured. ;)

My service starts up the Monday after Thanksgiving. lol

*marahat- Nov 21
*deathlynx - Nov 28
*MrsDeathlynx - Dec 5
*slyc_willie - Dec 12

I have the chapter. It still needs some tweaking and a go at the editor, but I will be posting it soon.

I wish I had created more characters when I first started, so I would have more to do now, but it was my first chain contribution and I arrived so late...

Anyway, it was great playing along with the story you guys created, and I hope that in the future I will participate in another chain with you.

If you want a peek at the unfinished chapter, please PM.

:rose:

Maharat

I'm back online from moving. :) :D :)

I am thrilled with your contributions to this chain marahat and I do have another one in mind if you're interested. I'll let you in on the details, so you can think of more characters, if you'd like. :D

I'll wait and be surprised with your chapter; have you already submitted it?

I'm back online from moving. :) :D :)

I am thrilled with your contributions to this chain marahat and I do have another one in mind if you're interested. I'll let you in on the details, so you can think of more characters, if you'd like. :D

I'll wait and be surprised with your chapter; have you already submitted it?

yes, I have. MsDeathlynx had a few reservations with it, so I added some paragraphs for her. It is been submitted for some 48 hours now :)

Maharat

Can you PM DL the final version of your chapter so he can get his written since he's next in line?

Link to Ch. 19 and the New Schedule Submission Date.

Yay!!!

Chapter 19

I'm looking forward to it. :D

New Schedule:

*deathlynx - Dec 3
*MrsDeathlynx - Dec 10
*slyc_willie - Dec 17
*RedHairedandFriendly - Dec 24

Last edited:
Darkniciad said:
RVCd and sig link updated :)

thanks. I guess I should update mine too, huh?

:)

BTW, if anyone hasn't voted for 13, it is one little vote shy of an H.

Pretty please?

Maharat

maharat48 said:
thanks. I guess I should update mine too, huh?

:)

BTW, if anyone hasn't voted for 13, it is one little vote shy of an H.

Pretty please?

Maharat

Yeah, and, um, Ch. 18 needs a little help :p

RVC'd, Maharat. ;)

sorry I haven't read and voted, things have been hectic lately. I promise to get to them soon, really I do!

Back