The Annual Halloween Contest Is Coming!

*grins* ...

Hmm.. I think I might have to make it more Hallowe'en-y .. Or I could just submit it and forget about the contest.

There is a certain amount of self-annoited, moral authority that goes with finishing among the also-rans. At least that's the conclusion several of us reached during and after the Nude Day contest. Og, Cookiejar, and I were in a dead heat for dis-honors until, at the last minute, some of Gauchecritics more ardent fans apparently started dropping ones on his entry and he fell all the way into last place.

Being the type of good sports we are, the rest of us immediately began yelling "FRAUD" and talking about hanging chads, (not to mention jeremys) but the US Supremes would do nothing because Diana Ross was in a huff, so the verdict stood.

Give it a try, raphy, you may like it.

Rumple

Rumply, I've lost count on how many times you've mentioned Gauche's last place honours. Don't really need an answer though.

Perdita ;)

There is fame and then there is infamy. I find it most comical that I have no trouble telling you who LOST the contest, but couldn't tell you who won to save my life :)

Being a long time chicago Cubs fan I appreciate loosing as few can. The Cubs became so synonyamous with loosing that fans became sullen and touchy when they were winning in that one magical year before the San Diego collapse. As an ardent fan of the unrehabilitated looser who is suddenly looking for answers I have to wonder, Gauchie, are you from Chi town perhaps? :rolleyes:

-Colly :)

perdita said:
Rumply, I've lost count on how many times you've mentioned Gauche's last place honours. Don't really need an answer though.

Perdita ;)
P,

I'm like an empty gord waiting to be filled from from your fount of knowledge. I always thought "honours" was either 1) an archaic, high-tone way or spelling "honors" used only by ivory tower, pointy-headed, college-types, or 2) the way UK folks, with their love of the extra "u" (see, colour) spelled the sucker.

Is there a difference? I await, with baited breathe, (in this case, hot boudin) for your reply.

Rumple (seeker of wisdom) Foreskin

Hmmm, down to first initials, R? I have so many UK chums I feel obligated to use their spelling given that they began the language. Otherwise I leave out the 'u'.

BTW, it's bated not baited.

P

perdita said:
Hmmm, down to first initials, R? I have so many UK chums I feel obligated to use their spelling given that they began the language. Otherwise I leave out the 'u'.

Curiously enough, the opposite holds true for me. I have so many American friends that my spelling very often veers towards the *cough* colonial. Gauche noticed this in the story I just sent him to critique - I'd used color instead of colour.

Raph, transatlantically.

Colleen Thomas said:
I have to wonder, Gauchie, are you from Chi town perhaps?
Omigod, Colly. I can't believe you asked that. But even before I read such blasphemy I was going to comment that baseball references might offend. Sheesh! Good luck to you in the next few hours (i.e., nearing daylight in Yorkshire, hint hint).

best, Perdita :rolleyes:

perdita said:

BTW, it's bated not baited.

P
PERDITA,

It you're using Hot Boudin, I guaran-damn-tee your breath's not only baited, it's potentially scorching at any range under five feet. :)

Rumpled and drowsy

perdita said:
Omigod, Colly. I can't believe you asked that. But even before I read such blasphemy I was going to comment that baseball references might offend. Sheesh! Good luck to you in the next few hours (i.e., nearing daylight in Yorkshire, hint hint).

best, Perdita :rolleyes:

*winces in sympathy*

Oh, and Colly, your mailbox is fully, darlin'.

LOL,

I've ben a cubs fan since I was very small. I remember wearing my little cubbies jersey and how embarassed my brothers were to be seen with me. Not because I was a girl, but because I liked the cubs ;) To a true Cubs fan, loosing is an art form.

Considering how Gauchie has parlayed a last place finish into near immortality I had to wonder if he had been taking lessons from a team who hasn't won the big one since 1908 ;)

-Colly

raphy said:
*winces in sympathy*

Oh, and Colly, your mailbox is fully, darlin'.

Are you sure that was my mail box you filled? All of my boxes seem to be empty at the moment, more's the pity ;)

You're so bad. And yes, your mailbox is full, dear.

perdita said:
RUMPLY, I don't know what in hell Hot Boudin is.

Perdita
Perd,

Hot boudin, is Cajun "blood" sausage. It's usually served warm and very spicy.

As they say at football games down on the bayou, "Hot boudin, cold coosh-coosh, come on Cajuns poosh, poosh, poosh." (That was a semi-phonetic mis-spelling.)

True story: The night my s/o went into labor with our first house ape, she consumed a hot sausage pizza for supper and later that evening, some hot boudin. Apparently the little infink decided she couldn't handle the heat and got out of the kitchen.

Rumple Foreskin

Second Chance

I have just submitted my second entry "Maids-in-Waiting".

That's it for this year's Halloween Contest. (I think)

The entries are building up and there are some good stories already.

We may be reduced to another competition for last place.

Og

Re: Second Chance

oggbashan said:
may be reduced to another competition for last place.

Og

No problem there Og. I'm near the end of my effort and to insure last place made it a humorous piece (bad category) which few will find even faintly amusing.

Gauche

I'm submitting my first today and on a second one now...I just love Halloween...and the two stories are going to be polar opposites...

I've tried with Maids-in-Waiting to write a short story. it is only 5,300 words which is very short for me.

Should piss off my very few fans.

Og

I'm working on my Halloween-story. It will be a Non-Human story, surprise, surprise. I just hope it's Halloween-ish enough. I mean, it takes place on Halloween, and the lady shows the guy both tricks and treats, but apart from that, it could easily be re-written to be a Christams Carol!:(

Rumple Foreskin said:

True story: The night my s/o went into labor with our first house ape,

Lovely name for it. I have to tip M about it; she always get weird looks from people when she refers to her kid as "hey, you, little shit!"

Some help for new author's

If you don't have a huge following forget trying to win this contest. Also plan on having other author's who are in the contest and their fans against you. They will vote your story down even if it is good. I found this out a while ago. All the contest did was make me feel I wasn't good enough to be here. I'll never do it again. So this was just for the new author's for the rest of you.....have fun with your voting war. LOL

Demon:devil:

Re: Some help for new author's

americandemon said:
have fun with your voting war. LOL
Everyone: that's circumstantial evidence from a wounded sole (not a typo).

Perdita

Back