The Official Authors' Hangout Halloween 2023 Contest Support Thread

I got slammed by a few readers for putting ghost stories in Erotic Horror. That seems ridiculous to me, but it's the convention of the category, so I'm sure it cost me some votes.

I've got another ghost story this year (Actually, the one that I had planned for last year. I lost the final draft when I had a computer glitch, and have been reconstructing it from earlier drafts). I'll be putting it in Non-Human, even though the theme of it is pretty much that ghosts are still human...
Why wouldn't it be in Erotic Horror? Sounds perfect to me.

Submitted "Devil Woman" for both the Karaoke Challenge and Halloween 2023. I requested Erotic Horror but we'll see what Laurel has to say. My first time for this category, don't think it will be my last.

Just in case anybody wondered if I wrote something other than I/T...

I have a question. I have a story I'm thinking of entering with. However, there's a part of the story where there is a summoning spell. I published just that part here as a poem. If I were to submit the story would there be an issue?

I have a question. I have a story I'm thinking of entering with. However, there's a part of the story where there is a summoning spell. I published just that part here as a poem. If I were to submit the story would there be an issue?

I don't think it should be, but when it comes to contests, people become sticklers.

You ought to get consideration based on the fact that if you hadn't said anything, few people would have known.

(No offense intended to your poem)
My question was geared more towards would lit kick it back because they think I'm plagiarizing(myself)

Well my story Phantom Flings is in...
I am going to confuse lots of you with it, and peeps are going to complain. Please be gentle with me!
B

Holy cow, October nearly here and the comp closes in 3 weeks!
I purposely started this story very early so I wouldn't need to rush and once more it will go down to the wire...
ARGhhhhhhhhhh....
Thankfully I've written the ending quite early on... just have to fill the middle bit, ha ha "just"...
Looking forward to reading all the fun-filled other ghastly entries - In the best possible taste!

If I knew how to do a screen cap, I'd show you.
On an Android there's sometimes a button in the drop down menu, or you hold volume down and the power button together. On PCs it's the Print Screen button and located in the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer folder. I don't fucks with the Apples.

I got slammed by a few readers for putting ghost stories in Erotic Horror. That seems ridiculous to me, but it's the convention of the category, so I'm sure it cost me some votes.

I've got another ghost story this year (Actually, the one that I had planned for last year. I lost the final draft when I had a computer glitch, and have been reconstructing it from earlier drafts). I'll be putting it in Non-Human, even though the theme of it is pretty much that ghosts are still human...
I have a ghost story, but it isn't scary. Wonder if I should aim elsewhere...

Back