The Official Authors Hangout Winter Holiday 2023 Contest Support Thread

I submitted an entry for this contest on Nov 12 and it was published the following morning. Meanwhile, I submitted two installments of another series on Nov 11 and as of today, they are still waiting to be published. Are the Lit folks giving priority to the contest entries? I've never had to wait this long for a submission to be published.

Yes they are. They get bumped to the top of the queue since they have a bit of a limited timeframe to operate within. This is working as intended. And that means that the more events and author's challenges that are currently on-going, the more 'delay' there can be on other stories. But don't worry - just give it another day or so and it'll be alright. HOWEVER, if you uploaded anything that includes a picture - say, an illustrated story - then expect a significantly longer waiting time. At least a month, I'd say.

Yes they are. They get bumped to the top of the queue since they have a bit of a limited timeframe to operate within. This is working as intended. And that means that the more events and author's challenges that are currently on-going, the more 'delay' there can be on other stories. But don't worry - just give it another day or so and it'll be alright. HOWEVER, if you uploaded anything that includes a picture - say, an illustrated story - then expect a significantly longer waiting time. At least a month, I'd say.
Thank you. I'm returning to the site after eight years away. Back in 2014 and 2015, my submissions took just one day to be published. Obviously, something has changed and it's probably the volume of submissions. No illustrations have been included in my stories. I appreciate your thoughts.

View attachment 2281150

Take it from a dog from Buffalo, nothing beats the winter! Skiing, toboganning, tubing, ice skating... families gathered togeather in warmth, making love in front of a crackling fire by the light of a decorated tree... The theme coveres all of the winter holidays/events/activities from the end of November to the end of January. Some ideas are... winter holiday traditions (dreidles, gift giving, etc.), cold weather (snow, ice, thunder snow), holiday mythology (Santa, Father Christmas, Hogfather, Hanukkah Harry, elves) holiday relocation - running off to Florida, Spain, Australia, Aspen, Jackson Hole

STARTS: November 10
CLOSES: December 6
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: December 13

Further rules will be posted as they become available.

Remember to copy and paste the phrase "WINTER HOLIDAY 2023" to the "Notes to Admin" field of the submission (quotes are not needed).

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the 2023 Winter Holiday Contest If you have questions, post them here and someone will answer. It might be me, it might be someone else here but don't be shy. Ask.

If you're a first time writer, or this is the first time you're putting a story in to a contest on Literotica, hey, don't get stressed about it. You don't have to have written anything before to write for this contest. This isn’t a “by invitation only” event it's open to everyone. Don't stress out, nobody is going to get hurt, just give it your best shot and the story with the highest scores win.

New Writers - these events are a chance to hone your skills and get your name out there, and we're here to help, this forum is for you and for the old hands with the skill to help you.

Experienced Writers - this forum is for you to step up and mentor a new generation of writers

We're all here just writing for fun, come join a bunch of other writers doing the same thing. If you're not sure about what to do, how to submit your story, anything at all in fact, just post your questions here. We've all been there and we're a bunch of very helpful people and we like to pass it on.
So - this could be as tangentially at winter-focussed as some colleagues recording a Happy Holidays vid for their clients?

Em

Vital question: if talking about more than one Christmas, do you have:

Two Christmases or
Two Christmasses?

(No, the title box doesn't allow 'A Christmas, and another one we're sending with it', before any smart-arse suggests that...)

Vital question: if talking about more than one Christmas, do you have:

Two Christmases or
Two Christmasses?

(No, the title box doesn't allow 'A Christmas, and another one we're sending with it', before any smart-arse suggests that...)
Option A

Posting Days Left 18.jpg

We're getting down there, my #3 is almost ready to go, I'll probably pull the trigger tomorrow. How are you doing, is everything wrapped up and sent to Santa Laurel or are you still working on that last minute paragraph?

If you need a hand or an idea, this is the place to be.

I submitted something. Probably my lightest weight piece ever. But fun to write.

Em

I submitted something. Probably my lightest weight piece ever. But fun to write.

Em
I did that too, and the reception has been stupendous! I've never had a story so eagerly accepted. I just hope that they treat the story that I really worked on the same way.

I did that too, and the reception has been stupendous! I've never had a story so eagerly accepted. I just hope that they treat the story that I really worked on the same way.
I have no expectations of mine getting too positive a reaction. It was mostly just me being silly.

Em

Back