The Travel Thread

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to offer my thoughts on things, or offer any suggestions.

March/early April is who knows weather wise around here. One day can feel like summer, then snow the next day

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to offer my thoughts on things, or offer any suggestions.

March/early April is who knows weather wise around here. One day can feel like summer, then snow the next day
Yeah, I know the weather can be tricky then, but there’s a thing I’d like to attend the last weekend of March so I don’t have much choice time wise.

I’ll keep you in mind and will no doubt post here as well with questions when the time comes. ☺️

Yeah, I know the weather can be tricky then, but there’s a thing I’d like to attend the last weekend of March so I don’t have much choice time wise.

I’ll keep you in mind and will no doubt post here as well with questions when the time comes. ☺️
On the plus side it's easier to get restaurant reservations given it's not the tourist high season. You're just competing with the locals(which is full contact sport for reservations)

On the plus side it's easier to get restaurant reservations given it's not the tourist high season. You're just competing with the locals(which is full contact sport for reservations)
Full contact sport you say? I’ll have to practice stealthy elbowing prior to the trip, then. Good to know.

Anyway, I think it’ll be fun and interesting to visit a new place regardless of the season. Especially as there will be a ton of things to do indoors if the weather is completely sucky.

Full contact sport you say? I’ll have to practice stealthy elbowing prior to the trip, then. Good to know.

Anyway, I think it’ll be fun and interesting to visit a new place regardless of the season. Especially as there will be a ton of things to do indoors if the weather is completely sucky.

Haha, you just have to be on top of making reservations. Spots at in demand restaurants can book up quickly.

If you've never been to NYC, I think you'll have a wonderful time, so many fun things to see and do, whatever you're into and whatever the season. There is still a million things I've never seen and I've lived here for over a decade

This sounds wonderful!

I don’t think you (or gracie) are allowed to take part in discussions about heat because you’re used to inhumane conditions. :p Although I get it, I’m the same way with cold and dark. “Why are you complaining about the days being short when you get hours of light a day and you can see the blue sky almost daily?”
OMG! Everyone says I’m not allowed to comment on spicy stuff either. 😡😋

I like the shorter days. It’s so hot here that the sun being up until 8pm makes it difficult to be out at all. There’s a trend here for fall and I’m all for it. The weather starts to cool off (no leaves changing sadly) we don’t see color change until “winter” but winter is really just fall/spring with maybe one day of flurries.

I will admit: we have REALLY blue skies compared to other places and it’s one of the few things I end up missing when I travel.

I really miss traveling, making travel plans and talking about the trips first in anticipation and then as a lovely memory. Do you? Here's a thread for you to talk about traveling, post your plans, real or imaginary, and maybe find some nice new places and fresh ideas from other people's posts.

Some questions to hopefully get the conversation going. No need to answer all of them, but you may if you so wish! :)

Do you have any travel plans? Is there a place you travel to over and over again? Is there any trip that's been especially memorable, one way or another? Do you maybe have a dream destination you'd love to visit one day? What are some things that someone visiting your area (defined as broadly as you wish) as a tourist shouldn't miss?
I've always traveled - alighting from a plane in a foreign country, w just a guidebook, couple of credit cards - I find so exciting.
like for 22 years I've taken off for exploring, sometimes twice a year.
but the last couple of years, the interest just faded.
but that all changed - just to see if I still liked it, I got a round tripper to Geneva Switzerland.
what a wonderful trip -
I spend half my two weeks in Interlaken. that's quintessential Switzerland. nature hikes, stunning vistas, cool clean air. delish food.
I had a week's pass for all the trains, gondolas etc. so just pure fun.
even the pussy got it's vacation - one of those paraglider guys fucked me. I was soooo lucky.
I still see that wonderful view of me looking down my body past my freshly shaven pussy, my legs wide open - and him coming at me with that big thick and long cock.
I even felt my ass loosen, for him haha.

OMG! Everyone says I’m not allowed to comment on spicy stuff either. 😡😋

I like the shorter days. It’s so hot here that the sun being up until 8pm makes it difficult to be out at all. There’s a trend here for fall and I’m all for it. The weather starts to cool off (no leaves changing sadly) we don’t see color change until “winter” but winter is really just fall/spring with maybe one day of flurries.

I will admit: we have REALLY blue skies compared to other places and it’s one of the few things I end up missing when I travel.
Sadly blue skies in winter are very much a rarity here, but I appreciate them a lot more for that when they happen. There are months where the amount of clear skies are counted in hours and the count doesn't reach double digits.

Sadly blue skies in winter are very much a rarity here, but I appreciate them a lot more for that when they happen. There are months where the amount of clear skies are counted in hours and the count doesn't reach double digits.
I get what you mean. I was just thinking about how travel also makes me appreciate home a little more. Though I’m rather unimpressed with my state and country at the moment.

I’m currently on a 10-week trip.

I used to travel more than 40% of the year.

I still go into Utah 3x a year, Cal once and somewhere to visit the husbands family once a year 👎🏽
I love taking vacations by myself too (usually I have the husband and kids with me).

Haha, you just have to be on top of making reservations. Spots at in demand restaurants can book up quickly.

If you've never been to NYC, I think you'll have a wonderful time, so many fun things to see and do, whatever you're into and whatever the season. There is still a million things I've never seen and I've lived here for over a decade
When I visited NYC many years ago, I couldn’t afford the "in demand restaurants ". I found good food at blue collar prices at the "Mom and Pops" in the ethnic enclaves. Same held true in Boston.

Heading to east now! I thought about going to Estonia, because it’s been several years since I’ve last been there now, but decided to stay domestic and head to the eastern border instead. Very pleasingly lake-y!

Attachments

• 5B3AECB2-5E60-4E74-B729-56F76A084C91.jpeg
    5B3AECB2-5E60-4E74-B729-56F76A084C91.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 12
Heading to east now! I thought about going to Estonia, because it’s been several years since I’ve last been there now, but decided to stay domestic and head to the eastern border instead. Very pleasingly lake-y!

Imatra is very much on my list of places I’d like to see, but I think I’ve already mentioned that.

Imatra is very much on my list of places I’d like to see, but I think I’ve already mentioned that.
Yeah. :) It’s a cool, weird place. The hotel is great and the rapid is awesome (if there’s water in it…) but besides those, it’s just very empty and stagnant. A strange vibe.

But you should totally go, the hotel alone is worth the visit. Amazing details everywhere. There’s pretty nature, too, and great grounds for mushroom picking. :)

Yeah. :) It’s a cool, weird place. The hotel is great and the rapid is awesome (if there’s water in it…) but besides those, it’s just very empty and stagnant. A strange vibe.

But you should totally go, the hotel alone is worth the visit. Amazing details everywhere. There’s pretty nature, too, and great grounds for mushroom picking. :)

I like that ”lost place” feeling.
It’s often there in the border lands and places where the world moved on and time kind of stopped.
Those old mines, mills, spa towns fallen out of fashion or even the dusty display in the window a closed down shop, just seem to have a back door to my fantasy world.

Looking at your map and looking at the same area and the general border area on Google Maps makes me curious about how they decide what names of places they choose to display in those multi lingual areas.

You’ll have to come with me to pick mushrooms though.

I like that ”lost place” feeling.
It’s often there in the border lands and places where the world moved on and time kind of stopped.
Those old mines, mills, spa towns fallen out of fashion or even the dusty display in the window a closed down shop, just seem to have a back door to my fantasy world.

Looking at your map and looking at the same area and the general border area on Google Maps makes me curious about how they decide what names of places they choose to display in those multi lingual areas.

You’ll have to come with me to pick mushrooms though.
Here Google shows the names in Finnish for the places that have a Finnish name, because they used to be Finnish places back in the day. But it’s an interesting question on many border, and other, areas, yes.

I’d be happy to be your mushroom hound. I also have visited places and definitely thought that you’d like it, mostly because I know you enjoy the eerie inbetween vibes, so hit me up if you’re ever in my neck of the woods. ☺️

I definitely wouldn’t be joining you for the rally thing, though. 😂

I’m currently soaking my toes in a lake and eating strawberries. Life is pretty dandy right now. Even if this is just a short little trip for a few days, it’s been more than worth it. The relaxation has been deeeeeeeep.

I’d be happy to be your mushroom hound. I also have visited places and definitely thought that you’d like it, mostly because I know you enjoy the eerie inbetween vibes, so hit me up if you’re ever in my neck of the woods. ☺️

You can count on it!

I definitely wouldn’t be joining you for the rally thing, though. 😂

Is there any other way to get around in those parts of the country? :D

I’m currently soaking my toes in a lake and eating strawberries. Life is pretty dandy right now. Even if this is just a short little trip for a few days, it’s been more than worth it. The relaxation has been deeeeeeeep.

That sounds wonderful!

Quick Copenhagen excursion today for me.

Looks so lovely, especially the sunset (sunrise?) pic is great. And is dat u? Nice to see you. :)

Yo dawg, heard you like sunsets? Let me add more to the gallery. (The forum doesn't seem to update them, you might have to follow the Imgur link).

Yo dawg, heard you like sunsets? Let me add more to the gallery. (The forum doesn't seem to update them, you might have to follow the Imgur link).

Lovely pictures, though the panorama picture made me slightly sea sick.

Thanks! The one with the beach chairs is my favorite. Those chairs is what I think of when I think of Sylt. :)

Back