"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
i keep meaning to post thank yous and accolades and other chit chat shit here, but just can't get past Nirvanadragones' avatar. I mean, is that even possible? Sigh.

foehn2 said:
i keep meaning to post thank yous and accolades and other chit chat shit here, but just can't get past Nirvanadragones' avatar. I mean, is that even possible? Sigh.
*blushes*

Why, thank you. :kiss:

ghost_girl said:
I dint need your permission to add anything, dear, and I wouldn't waste my time attacking someone whose opinion I value as little as I do yours.
Having reread your submissions I have begun to understand why you are so hostile to other poets of more experience and greater potential talent. ~ Girl, read and learn before you criticize or denigrate others. You have not shown us any words worthy of praise as of yet, and also have voting turned off. That says something about your confidence in your own ability. ~ Frankly, step up and deliver before you criticize others!

Isn't all this a bit trivial?
A bit small?
I mean, who cares?
Oh My God! Lebroz didn't mention one of my pieces back in July! Oh no! Life's over! I cannot go on!

Jesus Christ.

So, three or four minds among the billions on the earth happened to take positive note of someone's poem they posted on an internet site on a particular day when they were in a particular mood. I mean, it's a nice feeling when you're the one these minds happened to take notice of and take the trouble to do the links and read and write and such, when they probably had other things they could be doing. Even so, this may come as a brutal bullet zinging past, but pssst... a world does exist beyond the Literotica poetry community.

Of course, now I realize they were all wrong. But only about the stuff I submitted. It makes sense, really. They were just trying to wheedle (weedle?) big bucks from my wealthy hands, and hoping for a cut in this vast resort/estate that I call home. Which they obviously succeeded in doing, since one only needs to look at their sudden lives of luxury and then look at how much I sacrificed, abandoning my life of ease for this little hovel, because it just meant all the world to me that two or three or four of the reviewers write a really nice sentence about a string of words that I happened to submit a day or two before.

But conspiracies can't withhold their secrets forever. Dang it, got caught. Can't write poetry at all, anyhow, no how, whatnotsoever.
Ooooohhhhh.
It's all been a farce.
Ooooohhhh.
Actually, the only pieces that were noted by any reviewer were the ones that I didn't really write. See? You got me. My dog wrote them. But he's thirteen and his bones are creaking and he's getting deaf, I fear his earthly hours are shortening. I'm hoping he'll make it through another year, but beyond that... shit, then I'll have to find something else to fake my way through.
But what could it be? And I'll need another dog... Uhhhh... goshdangit. Wonder if the cat can learn to use a camera?

But seriously, doesn't the world produce enough bad news and bad vibes every day? And wouldn't it be nice to know that one can find shelter and a glimmer of light amidst all of it? I thought I found the last quiet beach where I could be myself and mosey about in a peaceful pace. But now it's just another blood-streaked beach.

Nice.

hmmnmm said:
Isn't all this a bit trivial?
A bit small?
I mean, who cares?
Oh My God! Lebroz didn't mention one of my pieces back in July! Oh no! Life's over! I cannot go on!

Jesus Christ.

So, three or four minds among the billions on the earth happened to take positive note of someone's poem they posted on an internet site on a particular day when they were in a particular mood. I mean, it's a nice feeling when you're the one these minds happened to take notice of and take the trouble to do the links and read and write and such, when they probably had other things they could be doing. Even so, this may come as a brutal bullet zinging past, but pssst... a world does exist beyond the Literotica poetry community.

Of course, now I realize they were all wrong. But only about the stuff I submitted. It makes sense, really. They were just trying to wheedle (weedle?) big bucks from my wealthy hands, and hoping for a cut in this vast resort/estate that I call home. Which they obviously succeeded in doing, since one only needs to look at their sudden lives of luxury and then look at how much I sacrificed, abandoning my life of ease for this little hovel, because it just meant all the world to me that two or three or four of the reviewers write a really nice sentence about a string of words that I happened to submit a day or two before.

But conspiracies can't withhold their secrets forever. Dang it, got caught. Can't write poetry at all, anyhow, no how, whatnotsoever.
Ooooohhhhh.
It's all been a farce.
Ooooohhhh.
Actually, the only pieces that were noted by any reviewer were the ones that I didn't really write. See? You got me. My dog wrote them. But he's thirteen and his bones are creaking and he's getting deaf, I fear his earthly hours are shortening. I'm hoping he'll make it through another year, but beyond that... shit, then I'll have to find something else to fake my way through.
But what could it be? And I'll need another dog... Uhhhh... goshdangit. Wonder if the cat can learn to use a camera?

But seriously, doesn't the world produce enough bad news and bad vibes every day? And wouldn't it be nice to know that one can find shelter and a glimmer of light amidst all of it? I thought I found the last quiet beach where I could be myself and mosey about in a peaceful pace. But now it's just another blood-streaked beach.

Nice.
You're on drugs, aren't you?

:D
and the bloodstains already fade, wash out to the sea.

I liked Kolkore's piece too, by the way, though I can't specify why.
Also, once in a while I check out the challenges, and I like vampire's stuff a lot.
I like gg's stuff, and unapologetic's.
Everyone here has something good, something that appeals, depending on an endless combination of factors.
Not everything everyone makes will appeal to everyone everywhere.
I like the formalists, the freeformalists, the rhymers and the rhymless.
the narratives, the abractionists, the flowery and pretty, the hard and gritty.
But I'm not in the mood for all of it all the time.
Sometimes I am.
I take great pleasure in the making of my own stuff, but public posting reveals their many flaws, thus the frequent and routine mass executions.
And nothing illicit has entered this fragile temple in many years.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmnmm said:

Also, once in a while I check out the challenges, and I like vampire's stuff a lot.
Everyone here has something good, something that appeals, depending on an endless combination of factors.
Sometimes I am.
I take great pleasure in the making of my own stuff, but public posting reveals their many flaws, thus the frequent and routine mass executions.
Glad the blood is out to sea... happy sharks. lol

hmmnmm said:

Sometimes I am.

wow, so you have 'moods', as in preferences, just like women? is this a guy thing in general or specific to you? i am seriously interested.

:rose:

wildsweetone said:
wow, so you have 'moods', as in preferences, just like women? is this a guy thing in general or specific to you? i am seriously interested.

Uhhh, you're seriously serious?

I will not claim to know anyone else's soul or heart or preferences, all that influenced them as they aged over time and which influences they were receptive to or otherwise, and which brought them to their present state in life. And this is such a vast topic you've opened.

I love the blues, for example, but I don't want to listen to (or play) the blues all the time. If the setting is not right, or the atmosphere, then the blues just don't sound right - or let's say it doesn't 'fit'.

And let's not dare consider all the many styles and sounds that are categorized as the blues. Acoustic blues guitarists, electric blues guitarists, thick distorted electric blues guitar sounds, twangy strat blues guitar sounds, blues with horns, blues without horns. Blues with wailing vocals, blues with quiet whispering vocals. Blues in a dingy deep city bar, blues in a outdoor rural barbecue in the late afternoon of a humid heavy summer. All these and more, and I love them all.

But I don't feel like listening to blues of any style right now, nor am I attracted to relocating to a more conducive atmosphere.
Tomorrow? Maybe.
Today this room is silent. I'm presently not in the mood for any music. Maybe tomorrow will be different. Or maybe later this evening.

hmmnmm said:
Uhhh, you're seriously serious?

I will not claim to know anyone else's soul or heart or preferences, all that influenced them as they aged over time and which influences they were receptive to or otherwise, and which brought them to their present state in life. And this is such a vast topic you've opened.

I love the blues, for example, but I don't want to listen to (or play) the blues all the time. If the setting is not right, or the atmosphere, then the blues just don't sound right - or let's say it doesn't 'fit'.

And let's not dare consider all the many styles and sounds that are categorized as the blues. Acoustic blues guitarists, electric blues guitarists, thick distorted electric blues guitar sounds, twangy strat blues guitar sounds, blues with horns, blues without horns. Blues with wailing vocals, blues with quiet whispering vocals. Blues in a dingy deep city bar, blues in a outdoor rural barbecue in the late afternoon of a humid heavy summer. All these and more, and I love them all.

But I don't feel like listening to blues of any style right now, nor am I attracted to relocating to a more conducive atmosphere.
Tomorrow? Maybe.
Today this room is silent. I'm presently not in the mood for any music. Maybe tomorrow will be different. Or maybe later this evening.

we live.

we live in a world.

we live in a world full.

we live in a world full of noise .

there is just so much to write about and so little time. isn't it wonderful?

RhymeFairy said:

Sweets .... Thank you tooo for the mention and the critique of my new poem " Soul Mates ". I agree with you on every word. I had submitted that one from the heart and didn't really edit a whole lot. That, was my fault and like others here I felt a big goof, after I hit submit. Thanks again,

Thanks for keeping it solid and Rock on Sweet lady .... :rose: :cathappy:

you're welcome. just glad that i can be of help. :rose:

and speaking of Goofs (notice my capital G for me? lol) i put a poem up the other day, well a week ago and it just came up the same day as my review so i didn't mention it, ( :D ) two people have commented on it. both say they don't know why they love it. *sigh* actually, the second one almost did, but i think she didn't quite get it.

ah well, more reason to keep practicing. :D

thank you, Le Broz

You were correct, naturally, about the title of the poem, but I'm not upset that you thought it humorous. Living it wasn't particularly humorous to me, but that doesn't mean I can't see the idiocy of it. I haven't had a good life, lately, but making fun of it seems to help. *smile* Thank you for the somewhat undeserved mention.

wildsweetone said:
there is just so much to write about and so little time. isn't it wonderful?

You pretty much haikued, or senryued, or zappaed it.
and if the abouts aren't nearly overwhelming enough, what the froms, as in, sources to learn from?

hmmnmm said:
You pretty much haikued, or senryued, or zappaed it.
and if the abouts aren't nearly overwhelming enough, what the froms, as in, sources to learn from?

not to mention the beyonds, or afters.

and please don't get me started on the ifs.

wildsweetone said:
The Devils Lust by nighwing326 gave me something completely unexpected in line six:
Your mine here in Hell.​
i never thought of Hell as having been mined. why would someone want to mine it? what would be being mined? okay, obviously the ground or walls. but what keeps the fires in Hell burning? would you mine to hide, or to recover, or to smother, or...

and so from a poem i may or may not normally mention comes an idea that may or may not spawn a poem from me.

i must keep an eye out for little gems like that in the future. looks like i'll have to keep a closer eye on the new poems! (i think i just lost another hour in my day. how do i do it to myself?)

We would, of course, have to ask the author, but this looks to me like a fortuitous misspelling. My guess is that she meant You're mine here in Hell.

I come across these occasionally. Reading along in a poem that otherwise is unexceptional (note to the sensitive: I am not saying the poem is bad), I come across an absolutely brilliant line that seems very out of place. Quite often these seem to be (my conjecture, of course) due to spelling errors. Genius through accident. One I remember is (I'm paraphrasing here) "You tare my heart."

I'm pretty sure the original author of that simply misspelled "tear," but it is such a fabulous phrase that it stuck with me. I think I even cribbed it for a poem once. Probably not a poem any better than the original, but at least I think I was using the phrase consciously. They may have been too, of course.

Now, lest I be thought denigrating people I don't know, let me say some of my best metaphors and similes come about by accident. I'm a big believer in accident. My handwriting is a big help here, because it is often bad. Semi-indecipherable. I kind of Rorschach my way to a clean text and that can provide odd juxtapositions of words I had not thought of.

I know not the mechanics, but nonetheless I pray to St. Isidore of Seville, who apparently has my back.

Tzara, you beat me to it. I was just going to say the same thing.
Even the first line hints of errors to come. :rose:

Wrapped in the arms of a the Devil.

WSO, can you say serendipity? :kiss: :rolleyes:

I am the one

I am the one.
The one you see in your dreams.
The one you call to when you scream.
The one you seek out when you are torn and broken.
Hurt by the words that were spoken.
I am there.

You are the one.
The one that I see every time I close my eyes.
The one that sees past all my fake smiles and lies.
The one that I want to run to when I am scared and alone.
When I find myself engulfed in darkness and my mind’s blown.
I am here.

When we are near.
You get butterflies in your stomach and your heart begins to ache.
Your mind is bombarded by new feelings and foolish thoughts.
Things you never thought you would feel for another man.
You reach out to me. You want to touch me.
You draw me close. You want to feel my kiss.
Your mind keeps telling you that this is wrong.
But your heart is pleading that this is a chance you shouldn’t miss.
I feel it too.

Know this—for I cast it in stone.
When you feel that everyone has left you and no one likes you.
I will there to greet you with arms wide open.
When you feel overwhelmed and are suffocating.
I will give you the very breath from my chest.
I will be there to take you by the hand to be your guide.
When you are alone and crying.
You can feel me on my knees beside you, kissing away your tears.
When your emotions pull you in every direction.
And nothing seems to make sense.
You can think of me and smile because I am your friend.
I am your knight in shinning armor.
I am the one that was sent here to save you.

So just remember when the pain becomes too much to bear it alone.
When your life seems to have become a nightmare.
And your heart feels broken in two.

I will be there.
I will be there to hold you close.
I will be there to whisper that I will never let you go.
If you will let me.

Rybka said:
Tzara, you beat me to it. I was just going to say the same thing.
Even the first line hints of errors to come. :rose:

WSO, can you say serendipity? :kiss: :rolleyes:

did you say sirendipity?

;)

i knew it was an error, it blindsided me in a smacking great way. :D

the english language is such a lark!

To Wild Sweet One

Thank you for reading and mentioning my poem. I think your criticism is really valid and I appreciate it. I also wanted to say I have enjoyed lurking here and reading people's poems. There is some really interesting work here.

Quick thanks, Champ, foehn.
Glad you singled out "Nagual" in your comment, didn't want to use bone, ash, etc.
It is going somewhere else now. :rose:

bogusbrig said:
Thanks for the mention WSO, Bill, leBroz.

Oh and thanks to my personal troll. You really do have commitment but is you life really so sad? ;)
you getting messages? or just scores?

It is my pleasure to do the reviews on Fridays. Sometimes, no poems are posted, many times they're posted later in the day, when I may not have the time to read and thankfully, often I get a crop of poetry like this past Fridays. There were enough poems by quality writers that I didn't feel like I needed to Visine my eyes.

I do them because to critique others is to learn how to review yourself.

I'm glad you appreciate my efforts everyone and I want you to know that I appreciate yours, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back