"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Ange, for including my two poems in your picks of today.

As most people know I have ambiguous feelings about the E but I am, never the less, flattered to be awarded one.

I am struck - intimidated even - by the excellence of the poetry in Lit of late. Kudos to all.

Last edited:
Sigh. I always seem to pick a posting date when no one reviews.

Or perhaps they see my name in the list and run away screaming. ;)

If you'd like to be sure one of the reviewers will read (no guarantee they'll mention) ask for your poem to be posted on your reviewer's day of choice. TT2U is Sunday, Angeline is Tuesday, LeBroz is Wednesday, Wicked Eve is Thursday, I'm on Friday and sometimes, dependant on schedule, MyEroticTail is Saturday's reviewer. Just add the request in the notes field and many times someone will try to accomadate you.

You can also pm people and ask them to look at your poem and leave a critique, if that's what you want. You'll find most folks don't bite and are glad to give feedback when asked. Just don't expect too much and I'm sure ;) no one will exceed your expectations. LOL.

Have a good day! I'm off to the pool...

I doubt that, darlin. But hell, I'll review ya right here and now. Then you'll know why they don't want me to do reviews.

Musing is a perfectly solid little three-line piece. I have to admit I don't like the title - I think there's something far more vivid and interesting available if you look for it.

It did remind me of that wonderful (and sometimes really scary) dichotomy between what makes sense in the overheated setting of a wine-soaked flirtation and what becomes real the following morning. In that, it was quite accurate and concise.

Your second line could contain different adjectives that imply both the nature of wine and the nature of one's ideas in that setting - "deep dark" is sort of a cliche. I'm thinking more along the lines of "profound, sexy and mellow" or something like that.

No intention to step on the toes of whoever is actually doing reviews today. Just thought I'd take a stab at it, long as somebody was askin'.

regards,
bijou

Thank you. You're not stepping on toes, it came out yesterday. No reviews done.
Musing is totally the product of its content ;) I'm surprised it looks as solid in daylight!

Thanks for the mention today, Angeline :rose:

Thanks also for the PC's, LeBroz & UnderYourSpell :kiss:

Wish I could write as good when I am pissed ...

I seriously doubt it will ever happen again!

Just checked my submissions page:

Thank you for the comments on both the offerings from yesterday.
And Le Broz, many thanks for your comment on Musing.

And drat! A sweep took one vote off all my other poems.

hello everyone.. i am new here and have nervously submitted some of my peoptry and one story so far. i would love to know your thoughts and i am looking for ways to improve.

just for knowledge.. i have this that it HAS to rhyme. i have NO idea why but i go to great lengths to get this done.

Can I tickle your tummy Broz ? I was going through my occasional cute phase but I can be just as cute for you ...
By the way folks if you get some odd comments on your poems by Anon it's me ... everytime I try to put any in I am being logged out so for today and I hope today only I am anon

Thursday

No new poems so far. It's only a little after 10 here in snowy VA, so I bet some will show up later. Until then, check out yesterday's poems, if you haven't yet.

I see that 11 new poems have arrived. When? I have no idea. Have I read them? Hell, no! Am I going to? Hell, yes! :D

I'm stalling. Okay, I'll go read and report back...

Tess,

Singing my formal apologies, loud .....:eek:

I made a boo boo. I posted a comment on your poem " The Other Half" and mistakenly put in Ang. name while referring to the writer, which I have found out was you ... Tess.

Grr, all I can say is it's late and I did love the poem so I wanted to give it a lil shout out. Maybe if I beg, forgiveness shall be granted???

please

:eek:

Will someone please give me a swift kick up the wotsit once again I composed my epic poem in my head whilst doing other things and didn't write it down and I have been to sleep since then and have lost it now

From Planet Manu comes news of the latest tweakings of the continuing upgrades to Lit. Noteworthy is the fact that the number of favorites has been increased from a mere 10 to 25.

There's also been a change in the voting element to lend clarification.

LaBroz thank you for your comment on my new poem. I have been dying to write anything other than checks lately:eek: Kids have been taking all of my time as of late. Oh well what can you do.

Well thanks again. Oh and hi everyone :D Not dead or hiding. Just have 3 girls under the age of 5:eek:

Oh whats with the caning emote:confused: I requested a dancing penis instead of a banana, no reason to give a beating :eek:;):D

Anyways I have been missing you all. Hope you all had good holidays and such. Take care

:heart::kiss::rose:

Last edited:
Question and a thanks

Thank you,twelveoone, for mentioning "Hope is a thing...". Bit rough about the edges, I agree, but how I am feeling right now, ROUGH! Heh. And yes, I hope there are as many zeroes as I hope for. As for the line break at Baby, I think I should have just cut that line out, or changed it to sweetheart perhaps. It seems to have confused several of my friends who have read it into thinking I meant , baby blue, as in color with just an awkward line break splitting it up. Live and learn I guess.

I have been asked questions, or had suggestions made, in the comments on some of my poems. I have been wondering, do the people asking really want an answer to said questions? Or are they merely rhetorical and meant to make the poet think about things a bit? I don't want to be rude and ignore questions actually seeking answer, I also don't want to be a dork and ramble away at someone who was simply seeking to open my eyes a bit.
Is there a FAQ on Lit comment etiquette? Hmmm.

Thanks again,twelveoone and all those who have mentioned my poems before. I don't always have time to check out new submissions as they come, and the review thread has been a great way to catch up on goodies I may have missed otherwise.So, thanks for that too! Have a great day everyone!:D

Thankyou to Wicked Eve,KOLKORE and LeBroz for your comments on my poem 'Somewhere' ..... I did ask in the notes when I submitted, as it was a parody of the song, where should I say so having never done anything like it before. I often see the funny and quirky side of life and it just seem to fit in with a hen-pecked husband sneaking out for a night at the pub for a game of cards and a pint of beer.

Many thanks Angeline...

For the kind words, even through my wordy flaws on "Broken".
WickedEve and Lebroz noticed the same thing, I won't go into the
detail of how it got that way, but I will tell you, YOU ARE ALL CORRECT-
and editing has been submitted. I thank you however, for seeing
past my imperfections enough to read the words, and feel, and also
for caring enough to be honest, in a kind manner... All of you !
And thank you also to WickedEve, who refreshed my memory on
submitting corrections... Your a doll !
The reason's why I love LIT, I have missed ya'll, .. greatly.

BIG Thanks, and lovin'. :kiss:

sGp

Many thanks for the heaps of niceties heaped on "Checkless" (yes, I made up that word too).

"Supineness" doesn't work eh? Damn. I struggled with that for two weeks. My alternate was "passivity" which I felt might fit better in a way, but it had too many syllables for what I wanted to effect, and it meant putting a "p" sound directly after a "d" sound, which made the "d" too harsh. Oy vey.

Again, many thanks for your very inspiring words.

Teaser: there is a little something else hiding in that piece. I'll buy the first one to notice a virtual coffee.
Silly, it's an acrostic of your lit name.

Thanks for the mention Angeline :rose:

...and for the PC's WickedEve, LeBroz & UnderYourSpell - glad my poem raised a few smiles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back