"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dualduet has posted a pair of erotic poems related to phone sex. Completeness seems a rather traditional and more acceptable type of incest fantasy over the phone {a 'softer' subset of D/s roleplay, if you will}. Strings Attached is the far better of the pair as she supplements her chat with a toy, resulting in:
Thrillchill,
Do it now - pow!
Jitterbug flight tonight;
dancing in the dark
for you -
holding, tweaking jerking -
on strings I give to you.

I've edited my review yesterday of Dualpoet's poems to eliminate any possible confustion. These poems are neither incest poems or incest oriented poems but involve a type of incest fantasy role play found in some D/s relationships in which there may be an age difference between the partners {though that's not necessary, it does help further the illusion}. I trust the editing I've done makes this aspect of the two poems clearer.

BTW, there is a reason for the difference in the quality of the poems. One is written by the dominant older male while the other is by the submissive younger female.

Can you guess which is by whom?

Dear Angle Line,

I love you're poetry recommendations for today. As for your Owed two a spell chequer,

Eye halve won two:

Eye halve a spelling chequer,
It came with my pea sea,
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a Cay and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore to long
And eye can put the era rite,
Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye halve run this poem threw it,
I'm shore yore pleased two no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My chequer tolled me sew.

Dear Angle Line,

I love you're poetry recommendations for today. As for your Owed two a spell chequer,

Eye halve won two:

It came with my pea sea,

It nose bee fore to long
Its rarely ever wrong.

Oh yeah? Well~

Whan that Aprill, with his shoures soote
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote
And bathed every veyne in swich licour,
Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
Whan Zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
Hath in the Ram his halfe cours yronne,
And smale foweles maken melodye,
That slepen al the nyght with open eye-
(So priketh hem Nature in hir corages);
Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages

Ooops. Wrong dialect. :)

Dear Angle Line,

Eye halve won two:

It came with my pea sea,

It nose bee fore to long
Its rarely ever wrong.

You've got my vote!
I haven't fully read and commented on today's poems yet, though I did glance over the 'Owed'. My initial reaction was that it seems a bit overdone or seems too serious. Yours is much more fun.

Favorite mistakes: The all too common too, to, two and its, it's, followed by bear, bare; bore, boar; bored, board; and of course, loose, lose, loss.

Dear Angle Line,

Eye halve won two:

It came with my pea sea,

It nose bee fore to long
Its rarely ever wrong.

I got something very like that as an email joke ages ago very much like both actually

Oh yeah? Well~

Whan that Aprill, with his shoures soote
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote
And bathed every veyne in swich licour,
Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
Whan Zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
Hath in the Ram his halfe cours yronne,
And smale foweles maken melodye,
That slepen al the nyght with open eye-
(So priketh hem Nature in hir corages);
Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages

Ooops. Wrong dialect. :)

Now, don't you go throwing your damn literature at me. I'm just a twenty-first century sonnetier.

You've got my vote!
I haven't fully read and commented on today's poems yet, though I did glance over the 'Owed'. My initial reaction was that it seems a bit overdone or seems too serious. Yours is much more fun.

Favorite mistakes: The all too common too, to, two and its, it's, followed by bear, bare; bore, boar; bored, board; and of course, loose, lose, loss.

And my all-time fave, there, their, they're.

I actually use this poem as the handout of a set piece on spell checkers in the writing courses I teach.

Now, don't you go throwing your damn literature at me. I'm just a twenty-first century sonnetier.

Hahahaha. I had to memorize that in my senior year of high school and it's still with me. Whenever I see those phonetic poems like yours or the one I reviewed today, I always think of Middle English. They look very similar to me.

And my all-time fave, there, their, they're.

I actually use this poem as the handout of a set piece on spell checkers in the writing courses I teach.

That reminds me of other goodies: your, you're and of course, vain, vein. And, courtesy of Google, I found that words that sound the same but are spelled differently are known as homophones. For some reason this eluded me despite having long known of homonyms {words that sound the same and are spelled the same but with different meanings}.

Hahahaha. I had to memorize that in my senior year of high school and it's still with me. Whenever I see those phonetic poems like yours or the one I reviewed today, I always think of Middle English. They look very similar to me.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't get me started on THAT...

Remember The Miller's Tale?

A swerd and bokeler bar he by his syde.
. . .
A whit cote and a blew hood wered he.
A bagpipe wel koude he blow and sowne,
And therwithal he brought us out of towne.

That reminds me of other goodies: your, you're and of course, vain, vein. And, courtesy of Google, I found that words that sound the same but are spelled differently are known as homophones. For some reason this eluded me despite having long known of homonyms {words that sound the same and are spelled the same but with different meanings}.

I have lists and lists of these: I call them "Dynamic Duo's" in my course--synonyms, homonyms, homophones, antonyms, the whole shootin' match--of words writers mix up all the time. I teach my students (mostly employees of big companies and government agencies) to treat writing like a craft, and to be the best craftsman on the block. Who doesn't admire a true craftsman? I know you do!

Yeah, I know. A bit late here, but I posted the poem and promptly fled the country. So thanks to Anschul, KOLKORE, and Leon for their comments on "Combine."

I hope Bob's putting tires around the sheep in heaven.

Thank you, Eve, for your mentions in today's review thread. :rose:

I also enjoyed reading the poems you pointed me to, particularly the poem by twelveoone (though whenever I see that name, I want to say "halfdozenoftheother" :))

Thanks for the mention Ange and thanks for the comments Tzara and Bill.

I can't figure out why I'm writing again. I'm just sort of an internal contradiction. I can't write when I want to write and I can't stop when I don't want to write. Not literally, I mean I just write prententious tripe when I'm trying to write and I've got reams of that and then when I give up writing as a bad job, I can't stop writing dtuff I find acceptable to myself.

Thanks Eve for the thoughtful comment, it makes sense.

I've took the didactic comments on board too (Tzara). I didn't realise that is how it came across but I see it now. I guess I should read my own stuff before posting.:eek:

Thanks, Angeline, for the mention in yesterday's review. I really appreciate the point-out. That's the first thing I've written since finishing the sonnets in the challenge. Took me a while to get my head back in the game. Plus all the stuff going on around here. Just got around to this, but thanks.

Thanks Eve for the thoughtful comment, it makes sense.

I've took the didactic comments on board too (Tzara). I didn't realise that is how it came across but I see it now. I guess I should read my own stuff before posting.:eek:
Hey. Only the first of those didacticisms is me, and I am very likely out to lunch. The other was from that busy commenter Anonymous. And anyway, just my first reaction, so don't fret overmuch about it, or put too much weight behind it.

They were all interesting poems. What counts.

Hello NJ. What a touching story. I'm sorry for you that things have apparently worked out the way they have for you. I feel your pain.
I served 27 months in Southeast Asia a million years ago, and I'm proud to say I never killed anyone. Rescued a few, but no one died by my hand.
Many years later, I was approached by a friend (another vet) who asked if my wife and I were interested in adopting a baby. Seems a young soldier at Fort Devens, the Army Intelligence school, was pregnant, and the Army gave her two choices. She opted for a career in the military. Gave her baby up two days after it was born--my wife and I took the child home from the hospital two days old and an instant family was created.
The military being as it is, and because she had chosen a military career, I was able to always know where my son's mother was, and could help him if and when he wanted to find her. Turns out her life as a soldier was long, gruesome, and empty. She found her way to controlled substances, alcohol, abusive partners (the military, you know?), and a whole bunch of other shit. Seems that she was branded by the men as a whore, a slut, an easy fuck, and then some not-so-nice things, all because she had gotten pregnant while single, given up the child, and gotten on with her life.
Upshot of all this is, last year, my son found his mother (turns out she lives twenty miles from where I'm about to move), and she is okay. Hated every day of her twenty-five (the military is a truly misogynistic culture--anyone who says different is either lying or has shit for brains--I know, I've been there), got out, got a pretty good job on the outside, and then one day her phone rang. On the other end was a really curious twenty-four year old musician who wanted to meet his mother. I came north to participate in the reunion, and the look on this middle-age woman's face when we met was unlike any I have ever seen, before or since.
Here's the thing--you made a choice, and it was the right one for you given the information you had at the moment. Life is full of those moments. You make a choice and play your cards. Sometimes you get a straight flush, sometimes you get flushed. If you are a certain type of person, you'd be doing exactly the same thing today--obsessing about the road not taken (you would NOT have died in Honduras--it was a lot safer, I believe, than 20 clicks north of Bien Hoa), and my experience is that I didn't make a difference, except in the lives of a few families--which is NOT nothing, but I can still do that today if I try.
Life is what it is. There is no "Over the Rainbow." Dorothy never really left Kansas, she grew up to run a small but very cool bead, incense, and good karma shop. If life sucks, grab it by the throat and say, "NO FUCKING MORE!!!"
If you want to make a difference, go out and make a difference. The United States the Republicans have left us desperately needs people who want to make a difference, and all it takes is a decision to do so. Whatever circumstance your family is in, make it better if it needs it. You have a family. I do (Thanks to a career military woman), and it sucked for a long time, until I made a decision and did something. Now it doesn't suck so much.
We love you here, NJ. You are talented, sensitive, caring, and strong--we see it not only in the words you write, but also, in the words you post. You have a ton of good karma flowing your way from a lot of good people here.
It ain't much, but it's a start.

Love from down the beach,
Anschul
:heart:

Was that too harsh?

too harsh? NO WAY! thank you, precious man. I needed that.

:heart:

Hi Eluard :)

When I was ten, living near the foothills of NC, I was walking to my Granny's house one day. We had torrential rainstorms the day before. as usual, I would hop skip and play on my way there, climb up the red clay banks then run down, especially if it was muddy, so much fun.
Well, I saw a face staring at me from the red clay. I got closer and looked, it was a chunk of rock with a crude face carved in it.

I ran the rest of the way, burst into the house and screamed, Mama, Granny, theres a face in the dirt, come see!

We pulled the rock from its resting place. I still have it. Called him Herman, lol. That was 35 years ago. That day, I decided I wanted to be an archaeologist, just never did it except on an amateur level

I still have him. Over the years, I took him the archaeology department at Appalachian State, the same dept at USC ( in south carolina). They all told me they had no idea what it was or who carved it. I was told that if it had been the Cherokee, they would have done a better job. Over the years, I have researched it, looking for anyone who lived in the area before the Cherokee did. I came up with Clovis, went back to USC and they laughed at me. That was 20 years ago. They told me there were no Clovis on this area. Now they know better, but that still doesn't help me with Herman.

One of the men who told me that, now works Clovis sites in SC and Georgia and I saw one of the men, Al Goodyear, on a history channel show about the Clovis. He was scraping magnetic spherioles from the sandy area that would have been formed when the imapct from the comet/asteroid hit.

I have to tell you, I felt such a sense of satisfaction, even though they would not remember me now, I knew something they didn't and to this day, I still believe this is carved by someone who lived at least 13 thousand years ago.

One of these days I will take a pic of Herman and post him. My kids have always told me he was bad luck, I don't believe in bad luck :)

I think it's really cool that you are interested in that. I thought I was the only one here that was into that sort of thing.

:rose:

NJ

What an incredible story — to find something that ancient!! And to find it when you are just a kid and curious about the world! Hang on to it! It might be worth big money one day!

Hey Jean,
I hope that someday you'll put your beachfront AV back up. Once I get moved to farm country, I'm gonna need all the beach pix I can stand. God, I'm starting to miss the beach already, and I'm not leaving for six more weeks.

WAH

Beaches and mountains are both important to me, and for the same reason - immensity. For whatever reason, it is calming to be in the presence of supremely huge grand things that just don't give a toss about what else is scurrying about around them. The mountain does not care for the human ants that scurry on it, and the ocean does not care about the human flotsam that drift at its' boundaries.

It puts me in my place, quiets my ego a bit.

Wow :)

what you just wrote is a poem in itself, waiting to be written, or perhaps, just as it is. Very Whitman-esque.

Thanks for sharing your soul.

:rose:

NJ

That's what I once said Jean that I would never live away from the sea but I couldn't be more landlocked than I am now I guess you go where life takes you and I am glad it took me here for it's here I learnt to live and finally be me

hey sweetie, I am 3 hours away from "my" beach, but sometimes I just have to go to free myself, to revel in the immensity as Homburg so eloquently put it. I'm sure I would be okay anywhere, just prefer the ocean.

but, I am very glad you like where you "washed up" but you have a heart as huge as any sea I ever saw

:kiss:

NJ

Beaches and mountains are both important to me, and for the same reason - immensity. For whatever reason, it is calming to be in the presence of supremely huge grand things that just don't give a toss about what else is scurrying about around them. The mountain does not care for the human ants that scurry on it, and the ocean does not care about the human flotsam that drift at its' boundaries.

It puts me in my place, quiets my ego a bit.

That really does have the makings of a poem. :rose:

hey sweetie, I am 3 hours away from "my" beach, but sometimes I just have to go to free myself, to revel in the immensity as Homburg so eloquently put it. I'm sure I would be okay anywhere, just prefer the ocean.

but, I am very glad you like where you "washed up" but you have a heart as huge as any sea I ever saw

:kiss:

NJ

oh honey you make my eyes well up everytime I just wish you weren't so far away I am sure we could heal each other

The cool thing about Maine is that there actually are places still where you can do that. I've had enough of the weeklong blizzards though. And I love the idea of being able to take a short walk from wherever I live and look at mountains. Maybe we can visit each other lol. I will miss the ocean, but it's a fair trade, I think.

Oh, you'll love it there. It's truly beautiful. But you'll have to change your Ayuh to Yeahhhyaaa.

We might manage a visit. If I get used to going out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back