"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sitting here boggled and amazed at the sheer density of incredible souls in this thread. Then I realised that this is a board by, for, and of, poets.

So now I am sitting here boggled and amazed at the dearth of pretentious people in this thread.

:D

I was sitting here boggled and amazed at the sheer density of incredible souls in this thread. Then I realised that this is a board by, for, and of, poets.

So now I am sitting here boggled and amazed at the dearth of pretentious people in this thread.

Oh I think we're all pretentious, too. We just do it cause it's fun and we tell everyone when we do. Like when Bij is being a drama queen, she always tells us she's wearing something like this:

myrna_williams_loy_1917.jpg

I post occasionally on the GB, and I must say this forum is like a little oasis of relative calm compared to the snarking and shit-storming that goes on there. And if any of them wanted to flame me for thinking that, well at least they'd be in character. :D

I don't know how to be pretentious. I don't think. Wanna come for a ride in my Mini? It's got six airbags.

Oh I think we're all pretentious, too. We just do it cause it's fun and we tell everyone when we do. Like when Bij is being a drama queen, she always tells us she's wearing something like this:

I post occasionally on the GB, and I must say this forum is like a little oasis of relative calm compared to the snarking and shit-storming that goes on there. And if any of them wanted to flame me for thinking that, well at least they'd be in character. :D

I avoid the GB for that very reason. I post in the BDSM boards, and here. I'm not sure what that says about me, but it is probably best said in Klingon.

---

I don't know how to be pretentious. I don't think. Wanna come for a ride in my Mini? It's got six airbags.

LOL. Be careful with stereo installation. The airbag harness runs right behind the stereo, and you could experience the joy (and ugly expense) of your side airbags going *fwackoom*. I've written estimates on those a couple of times.

I :heart: the Mini. Even if it isn't the old Mini.

A friend of mine used to work for Seven Enterprises, the East Coast's largest distributor of Mini parts. I would hang out there with him on occassion, as it made me feel like a kid in a candy store.

On storytelling - I love it. Adore it. :heart: storytelling. I used to get to do it far more often.

One of the upsides of the recent NY visit was getting the chance to spin a yarn or two. Or five.

First off, I wanna say--- Oh BOO :heart:

You are an incredible storyteller, you brought tears to my eyes.

second-- when you stop in asheville and get them, come by here and get me too. I promise I will be so quiet and sweet, gardening, baking, you won't know I'm there till you smell apples and cinnamon, pumpkin and cranberry goodies wafting from the kitchen.

third --:D

Angeline, do you see the funky irony here? YOu are anticipating moving to that area, and I was born about 30 miles from there. Little town called Tryon. Beautiful little town, that is

I'm glad you're back Boo and that gives me hope, since Cordelia pops in, and now you're here, ohh, it gets better every day.

most sunny wishes dear buddies :p

:rose:

I've seen Tryon on the map, and I remember you telling me you were born there. I am quite serious that when we get settled in I want to have a poetry get-together. All poets and poetry lovers from here will be welcome. Sorta like a be-in lol. We can have music and read to each other and just act like we're at a family reunion, which is just what it'll be because you're all my family now. ;)

Feel all left out now on the other side of the pond
*going off to attack my demons now which always seem to raise their ugly heads when I read about someone elses*

Last edited:
*going off to attack my demons now which always seem to raise their ugly heads when I read about someone elses*

You never know. You're a traveler, aren't you? Maybe you and Ron could come. :)

Well, come park your demons here, Sweety! It's an amazing thing when you out them. They only like it in the dark. Kind of shy really. Show them sunshine and they tend to shudder and eventually leave.

Didn't mean to cause anyone to swoon. Just playing 'You show me yours and I'll show you mine' with Anschul.

That was all a long time ago. The demons in me now are the really bad ones.

So... I guess I should practice what I preach, huh? Maybe I'll go sit with UYS. I hear that side of the pond is pretty nice. And shady.

Edited to add: Ohhh, I'm so dumb! Just read UYS location. THAT pond. Ohhh, I can't go that far. I thought there was a pond
here.

*walks out kicking my own ass... surprisedly smooth gaited. I'm getting too good at this.

Last edited:
You never know. You're a traveler, aren't you? Maybe you and Ron could come. :)

OMG I wouldn't dare after I've waffled on about doing naughty things with Smitty in olive oil!!

Well, come park your demons here, Sweety! It's an amazing thing when you out them. They only like it in the dark. Kind of shy really. Show them sunshine and they tend to shudder and eventually leave.

Didn't mean to cause anyone to swoon. Just playing 'You show me yours and I'll show you mine' with Anschul.

That was all a long time ago. The demons in me now are the really bad ones.

So... I guess I should practice what I preach, huh? Maybe I'll go sit with UYS. I hear that side of the pond is pretty nice. And shady.

Edited to add: Ohhh, I'm so dumb! Just read UYS location. THAT pond. Ohhh, I can't go that far. I thought there was a pond
here.

*walks out kicking my own ass... surprisedly smooth gaited. I'm getting too good at this.

Roflllllll sorreeeeeeeee shouldn't laugh *giggles* *oh stuff the giggles that was a guffaw I like you lol*

Might give him some ideas, ya never know.

No no only the professional for me

Ohhh Anschul. You missed the point, maybe. Theres no pain involved w/ that issue anymore. I believe in a Master Plan and I believe in Karma. It was all planned before I got here.

Maybe I have a cold gene that allows me to leave things alone. I feel lots of pain when the 'thing' is going on, but when it's over. It's a sin to worry, you know. I'm not perfect. I have issues NOW that are much more painful than that one and I do feel that pain. But that was long ago and in another life.

But I love that song Tupelo Honey. Van Morrison does it best. So thank you.

Boo

Don't choke

Thanks UYS! As I sit here wondering which comment made her laugh. Feeling a little... you know... silly.

lol

I live to make folks laugh, so again, TY!

The pond lol I just had a pic in my mind of you sitting with your feet up by the side of a pond wondering where the hell I had got to

Good at you then, Sweetheart. My wife says I compartmentalize better than anyone she's ever known. I guess I'm surprised when someone else does it as well. Anything I can do for current pains, please call on me. I listen well.
Have you heard Cassandra Wilson's version?
xoxoxo
A

Ohhh Anschul. You missed the point, maybe. Theres no pain involved w/ that issue anymore. I believe in a Master Plan and I believe in Karma. It was all planned before I got here.

Maybe I have a cold gene that allows me to leave things alone. I feel lots of pain when the 'thing' is going on, but when it's over. It's a sin to worry, you know. I'm not perfect. I have issues NOW that are much more painful than that one and I do feel that pain. But that was long ago and in another life.

But I love that song Tupelo Honey. Van Morrison does it best. So thank you.

Boo

Don't choke

Thanks UYS! As I sit here wondering which comment made her laugh. Feeling a little... you know... silly.

lol

I live to make folks laugh, so again, TY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back