"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art - thanks for the mention of An Intelligent Woman in the New Poems Review thread. The one I'm working on now is radically different from anything I've done so far - about an event that only true history buffs might know about - it happened over 1,900 years ago and planted the seeds of two world wars.

LeBroz said:
Art - thanks for the mention of An Intelligent Woman in the New Poems Review thread. The one I'm working on now is radically different from anything I've done so far - about an event that only true history buffs might know about - it happened over 1,900 years ago and planted the seeds of two world wars.
I take it you're not talking about the crucifiction of JC? ;)

Thank you Liar for mentioning Debris On A Cresent's Trail.

Yes, you probably know the story better than other readers. I hope it's not too obscure for the rest of you.

There's a hint in my sig for the clueless.

Liar said:
I take it you're not talking about the crucifiction of JC? ;)

Oh no - nothing so mundane. This one event reverberated throughout the then known (Western) world but quickly faded into foklore that only historians and archeologists would appreciate.

Randi Grail said:
Thank you Liar for mentioning Debris On A Cresent's Trail.

Yes, you probably know the story better than other readers. I hope it's not too obscure for the rest of you.

There's a hint in my sig for the clueless.

The line, "by a million years wept in a heartbeat," should have tied it all together for me, but I didn't make that last connection. All the other pieces of death, destruction, and suffering in Sargodha fit but that last piece didn't click. An even more excellent write than I first thought - and thanks for the hint for the clueless.

Liar, thanks for the mention of my disturbing little poem, Femme à La Carte. Also much thanks to those morbid readers that left comments in PC.

Thanks for the mention Rybka ~ :) The thread I started was very helpful and I appreciate everyone who posted on it and everyone was so very polite. It's always there if anyone wants to add to it.

I enjoyed trying something new. I posted 2 on my thread and then the one I sent to Lit. I will play more with this when the time calls. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to not only post, but to do it in a welcoming manner. :kiss:

Rybka said:
Since no one else has mentioned this poem on this forum, I am going to. We encouraged her and she did it! Not bad for an attempt at a new style! Please go read RedHairedandFriendly's free style erotic poem, Oh to be so lucky! and she how she did! :rose:

Oh, K! A couple'a days late, I am, at least. I was out of the country! Honest!
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
I can actually sing that part. I lose it shortly thereafter.

Great country. Sometimes wish I lived there. Et je ne suis pas bilingue!

Oh, yeah. There are the taxes. Well, and....

anyways. Thanks to MET for mentioning "nature" on the review thread, and thanks to all who commented. Your comments are all helpful. And appreciated.

Hey. What's a GST?

Tzara said:
<snip>What's a GST?
It is a bilingual tax...

when told of the extra 7% on everything, Canadians across this great nation were heard to exclaim in their own official language, either ...Gee! en anglais and/et-or/autre Esti! in French.

champagne1982 said:
It is a bilingual tax...

when told of the extra 7% on everything, Canadians across this great nation were heard to exclaim in their own official language, either ...Gee! en anglais and/et-or/autre Esti! in French.
Well, I'm faking the French. Can I get my money back?

champagne1982 said:
It is a bilingual tax...

Oh. Oh. Oh!

I, uh, get it.

'Merican. We're slow.

Tristesse, thank you so much for mentioning Reluctant Muse with Attitude on the review thread today. Also a big thank you to vampiredust, cloudy, hugo_sam, Honey123, Lucious, Kolkore, LeBroz, Art, and neonurotic for all your kind remarks.

thank you duckie and tzara for your nice comments on my rhetoric. and thank you too, those who took the time to read and comment.
ether ore=either or.

OK,Tzara, it's explanation time.

You're absolutely right about crass. What the poem is meant to be is a commentary on the way some Lit. authors use sexual slang. I wanted to prove that you could write something unbelievable crude without using a single naughty word.

It may also suggest a new verse form (the wordplay) and I wonder what others, more skilled than I, might do with it. Certainly the metrical structure (constant hexameters) is not ideal but it was done in an idle moment.
EC

evelyn_carroll said:
You're absolutely right about crass. What the poem is meant to be is a commentary on the way some Lit. authors use sexual slang. I wanted to prove that you could write something unbelievable crude without using a single naughty word.

It may also suggest a new verse form (the wordplay) and I wonder what others, more skilled than I, might do with it. Certainly the metrical structure (constant hexameters) is not ideal but it was done in an idle moment.
EC

EC, what is 'hexameter'? i googled but can't do french, much.

According to Wikipedia...

flyguy is absolutely right: it's magic. But I was thinking of the Greek version: six beats (da-de or de-da) per line. My instinct says five might have been better.

duckiesmut and Tzara - thank you for the kind reviews today...well, yesterday. :)

and to readers and those who left comments - :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back