"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
flyguy69 said:
Mock? It meant a hell of a lot more than an E. Of course, I never got one of those, either. :(

um maybe you should try submitting a poem or something and see what happens

WiseGuy69

:devil:

Thanks...

Thanks for the mention re my `Lament` poems, much appreciated as I sure need a hug right now! :cool:

thanks

--so much for the generous feedback, all. There is the occasional anonymous post I can't respond to personally, so here's the public yay!

Also, excuse any unintentionally drunken spelling. It's a Tuesday night, for God's sake. Who doesn't go out on the town?

So, if I get more feedback on my chaste poems, does that mean I should stop being so dirty?

lil' M

Just for the sad pathetic people that bombarded my poem Wittgenstein's Cage with low votes. I really don't care. :cool:

I've received some very intelligent criticisms and positive feedback which was the whole point of the exercise of posting it.

Now if you spent your time reflecting on your own poetry maybe one day you will be as good as me. :p

That statement is not made through arrogance, it is made because I believe the people that write better than me or have confidence in their own work would not think of doing something so childish. :p

Man Ray said:
Thanks for the mention re my `Lament` poems, much appreciated as I sure need a hug right now! :cool:

You kinky hunk of lover meat. (((Man Ray))) :kiss:

bogusbrig said:
That statement is not made through arrogance, it is made because I believe the people that write better than me or have confidence in their own work would not think of doing something so childish. :p
You surely underestimate the childishness of people. I thought the pettyness of mankind was universally agreed upon by now.

Liar said:
You surely underestimate the childishness of people. I thought the pettyness of mankind was universally agreed upon by now.

Yep. I think I've proved that today.

bogusbrig said:
Yep. I think I've proved that today.
Indeedio. :D

Now, go write another academia buff poem. I want one on Kant. Or cunt. Your choice.

Liar said:
Indeedio. :D

Now, go write another academia buff poem. I want one on Kant. Or cunt. Your choice.

I can feel one coming on about factual opinions and poetry zealots. :rolleyes:

vampiredust said:
Nozzles spouting yellow
gas fill the sky above,
slowly descending, infilitrating
the cities' maze like a rat,
nuzzling and gnawing
on our half chewed lungs.
Until we are resting, waiting
for our final moment, waiting
for this -
a final
breath
exhaled
and we are ready

ah have you been watching
24?

LittleMinna said:
--so much for the generous feedback, all. There is the occasional anonymous post I can't respond to personally, so here's the public yay!

Also, excuse any unintentionally drunken spelling. It's a Tuesday night, for God's sake. Who doesn't go out on the town?

So, if I get more feedback on my chaste poems, does that mean I should stop being so dirty?

lil' M
You wait till nightfall? Amateur.

flyguy69 said:
You wait till nightfall? Amateur.
i nearly wasted my wine then. you're in fine form today, professional.
given me a few much needed giggles. thank you.
:rose:

Thank you Tzara for the mention of Winter (A Haiku). I am learning and finding the form intriguing. Thank you to those who have commented, your thoughts are very much appreciated. It's not easy thinking about winter in this heat. :D

Tzara said:
[*]One of our excellent newer poets, Sara Crewe, has some coffee with a typically clueless guy in Topless Under My Sweater. Others have remarked on the fine use of metaphor in this poem. There are also some pretty good lines, like

.....................................It’s odd

that naked people make me think
of clothes but they sound like outfits
he tried on and then changed his mind

when they felt too tight.

Another must read in my judgment.

Thanks, Tzara and everyone else who commented. :rose:

Thanks to Tzara and duckiesmut for mentioning my poem in today's reviews, and to flyguy for the kind second and for your gallant attempt to single handedly putting my poem on the most read list in one day...

To those who commented, your comments really moved me, thank you--and also thank you Saldne and rc (I don't know who this is :( does anyone know? I wanted to write to him/her) I appreciate your giving this a read and an honest attempt to figure it out, and your honest feedback, I really do appreciate this.

I did not intend it to be a puzzle, but I can see how it would be difficult to figure out what it meant literally, it was written from my son's perspective, my imaginings of how he felt on last Halloween at the Zoo.

me, I was just pissed that they were giving out such sucky candy.
eh hem

duckiesmut said:
The Geography of Cobblestones
by TheRainMan

I enjoyed seeing the evolution of this, and very much enjoy what it's become. The differing images, from fruit women to jackhammers, hits home.
Tzara said:
TheRainMan takes us on a nostalgic trip to Noo Yawk, albeit on hands and knees, in The Geography of Cobblestones. The poem features TRM's polished and intricate style and also teaches us about the city. I never knew Joe D had problems with heel spurs, for example. You learn something new ever day.

Thanks, d. and T., et al.

saldne said:
Oh goodness, anna. I would have never known. I was just outside smoking a cigarette and couldn't get your poem out of my head. I kept thinking I should've said, "This is some roller coaster ride." and be done with it. That's how I see it now, but I'm going back to read it again. I feel like an idiot. I read it slow then slower, now I'm going to read it again much s l o w e r. LOL!

no need to feel like an idiot, if you got the roller coaster, then you got it :) besudes it was not very forward :)

WSO-- yep, halloween (not that that has anything to do with it, just added to the general sensory overload of the zoo)

oh don't worry, the animals were not handing out the candy, just sponsors trying to get us hooked on their brand :cool:

annaswirls said:

WSO-- yep, halloween (not that that has anything to do with it, just added to the general sensory overload of the zoo)

well it might shock you a little to know that i saw childbirth in them there words anna. sorry about that.

wildsweetone said:
i nearly wasted my wine then. you're in fine form today, professional.
given me a few much needed giggles. thank you.
Shhh! You'll get us kicked off the New Poems Reviews thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back