"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
wildsweetone said:
well it might shock you a little to know that i saw childbirth in them there words anna. sorry about that.

:rose:

are you crazy? no need for apologies! I bet it is about the same experience! :) I know the part about wanting to get out of your own skin was one I had.

omg we should start a childbirth thread... I should write more poems from that experience as a base-- 10.1lb baby no drugs omg please just kill me now was my thought

"Miss Krabapatra? Clear my afternoon; I'm going to be reading the New Poems list top to bottom."

I'm not going to steal the reviewer's thunder, but there are so many excellent poems today that you might as well brew an extra pot, put on slippers, and cancel that haircut. It's that good.

:happy cat:

Last edited:
annaswirls said:
omg we should start a childbirth thread... I should write more poems from that experience as a base-- 10.1lb baby no drugs omg please just kill me now was my thought

Christ! I'm getting flashbacks already! The fucking student doctor told me to shut up as I screamed pushing out my 9 pounder. I said, "Have you ever had a baby?" She said, "No, I haven't but seriously, there's no need to scream like that." THEN I screamed louder at the top of my lungs saying "Well then fuck you, fuck you, FUCK youuu!!" and pushed as hard as I possibly could. I knew it was coming. I knew it was coming and I wasn't about to stop it, and I could have-> my food from the night before that had digested nicely before the baby came out. That should've taught her a lesson. :cool:

saldne said:
Christ! I'm getting flashbacks already! The fucking student doctor told me to shut up as I screamed pushing out my 9 pounder. I said, "Have you ever had a baby?" She said, "No, I haven't but seriously, there's no need to scream like that." THEN I screamed louder at the top of my lungs saying "Well then fuck you, fuck you, FUCK youuu!!" and pushed as hard as I possibly could. I knew it was coming. I knew it was coming and I wasn't about to stop it, and I could have-> my food from the night before that had digested nicely before the baby came out. That should've taught her a lesson. :cool:
Thank god, my 10 pound 10 ounce bundle of baby chub was delivered by c-section. My first one was, too, but she was only 8.8 It took them twice as long to pull the big baby out. They even had to cut me wider. eeeek And then what happened afterwards... What a nightmare.
I'd like to have another baby.

WickedEve said:
Thank god, my 10 pound 10 ounce bundle of baby chub was delivered by c-section. My first one was, too, but she was only 8.8 It took them twice as long to pull the big baby out. They even had to cut me wider. eeeek And then what happened afterwards... What a nightmare.

My wife screamed at me 'Looking what you've fucking done to me!'

I whispered under my breath 'It was your idea and you have got six months off with pay on maternity leave.'

We just had the one.

My ex and I had 2 boys.

Our second was delivered by two midwives. I was in the room and helped when I could. After much changing of positions (standing, laying on her side and on all fours, as well as on her back) she delivered a ten pounder.

She was fairly tiny and we couldn't believe it -10 pounds. Scared me more than anyone, as that kid made his way out into the world. My ex was amazing, did it all with no drugs or meds of any kind.

He is 11 now, my little boy, he is growing up quick. I love him so much it hurts, but he and his brother, now 16 (and driving :cool: :eek: ), inform my life endlessley. The essence of love and devotion, a job I accept neverending. ;)

now look at what you've gone and done Anna, everybody's regressing. ;)

lol

it's a great poem, but i don't think anyone else got the childbirth notion that i did, so i'll have to re-read it. and i promise i'll try and think of zoo and halloweeny type things okay? :D

I love midwives

god ee you made me cry

I love childbirth stories. Our second was delivered by midwives as well, in a big queen sized futon low to the floor so everyone was just climbing in and out, it went so so much easier than the first, I swear part of it was the birthing ball which I highly recommend to anyone who is going to have a baby....

I went drug free too... although I do not blame women who don't- good lord have mercy.

I want another baby too but I am getting a puppy instead. :D

wildsweetone said:
now look at what you've gone and done Anna, everybody's regressing. ;)

lol

it's a great poem, but i don't think anyone else got the childbirth notion that i did, so i'll have to re-read it. and i promise i'll try and think of zoo and halloweeny type things okay? :D

just think crazy. I am going to read it thinking childbirth and fires :)

WickedEve said:

Ack! I had two c-sections with the girls. Then my boy came and it was a regular birth. Good God! I can't say what was worse. The first c-section, I couldn't walk right for 3 weeks, then with the second baby I could walk the second day. Having a vaginal birth was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life (besides the bitch wannabe doc) but getting sewn back together, I swear I thought I was going to die.

And haha. You made me laugh when you mentioned getting cut. My husband barfed before that ever happened - just because he got nervous every time I had a contraction and moaned. Then when they asked for his help, holding my legs to my belly, then cutting the cord, he said, "Don't you have enough staff? This isn't my job!" The baby came out with a conehead and he held our boy staring down at him in fear, and said to the nurse, "Is our son gonna be retarted?" My God, I'm laughing like crazy thinking how the dumbass reacted. I guess he wasn't listening at the classes. LOL! God, I'm so glad I'm divorced. :rolleyes:

Yes, look what you've done, anna! Ha! I'll shut up now. Back to poetry.

annaswirls said:
I want another baby too but I am getting a puppy instead. :D
I want one, but I don't want to raise another one. I love being pregnant and that whole newborn thing, except for diapers and up all night while it cries. Well, I have a new cat. I guess I could cuddle it and put some baby clothes on it. I could tell the ex that it's his and make him pay more child support.

saldne said:
There was a group of Japanese men
with large asses that sagged over
modped seats getting ready to race
across the ocean.

I don't know where they would've ended up
or what was going to happen next.
I woke from my dream.

too much cheese at suppertime? ;)

WickedEve said:
I want one, but I don't want to raise another one. I love being pregnant and that whole newborn thing, except for diapers and up all night while it cries. Well, I have a new cat. I guess I could cuddle it and put some baby clothes on it. I could tell the ex that it's his and make him pay more child support.

You'd have to shave your cat before putting the baby clothes on. Make sure to put a bonnet on his or her head. This could work in court if your ex denies it's his. :D

Now what about the tail? Oh, I think you're fucked there. Just damn...

all i know is if i have cheese in the evening, i'm guaranteed a doozy of a nightmare or two during the night.

needless to say i rarely have cheese anymore and so can't help you with number 2. lol

saldne said:
You'd have to shave your cat before putting the baby clothes on. Make sure to put a bonnet on his or her head. This could work in court if your ex denies it's his. :D

Now what about the tail? Oh, I think you're fucked there. Just damn...
I think if it needs to look like the ex, then I need to use a possum. Plenty of those sneaking around here at night with their bob bob faces and creepy attitudes. I swear, they look just like the bastard. I'd like to put him in a sack with a bunch of hungry, bitchy possums. That's it! I'm writing a fucking possum poem.

WickedEve said:
I think if it needs to look like the ex, then I need to use a possum. Plenty of those sneaking around here at night with their bob bob faces and creepy attitudes. I swear, they look just like the bastard. I'd like to put him in a sack with a bunch of hungry, bitchy possums. That's it! I'm writing a fucking possum poem.

LOL! I should've done my damn kegel exercises when pregnant. Damn you. Just damn you, Eve.

wildsweetone said:
all i know is if i have cheese in the evening, i'm guaranteed a doozy of a nightmare or two during the night.

needless to say i rarely have cheese anymore and so can't help you with number 2. lol

Number 2? Ha! That fit in perfectly, didn't it?

Ya little fuckers...who's buying me depends.

bogusbrig said:
My wife screamed at me 'Looking what you've fucking done to me!'

I whispered under my breath 'It was your idea and you have got six months off with pay on maternity leave.'

We just had the one.

I missed this. Congrats! :rose: :heart:

Liar said:
One Thread by Sara Crewe shares some metaphor themes with the one above. A strong poem for laundry day.

Thanks, Liar and to everyone who commented.

Tzara, I don't think there is anything such thing as reading too 'anything' into a poem. A read is a read and every response has value. In this case, however your read matched up exactly with the poet's intent. :)

saldne said:
There was a group of Japanese men
with large asses that sagged over
modped seats getting ready to race
across the ocean.

I don't know where they would've ended up
or what was going to happen next.
I woke from my dream.

I think this is great! Perhaps leave out the last line. Allow the reader to come to conclusion.

Liar said:
Missed one:

Wind of the Shyest Wing by TheRainMan

It takes a certain kind of poet to make the opening stanzas fly instead of turning into cliché heaven, but TRM knows how. :)

thanks for the kind words, you of the forked tongue.

thanks to everyone who read and left their true thoughts and ideas - good, bad, or indifferent toward the poem. it all helps the piece evolve, into what it will eventually be.

Sara Crewe said:
Deleted 'cause I posted it in the wrong place.

Well, it's not in the wrong place anymore. ;)

Boy, you newcomers are always so messy.

Tidy up next time, will ya . . . Eve's got enough to do, what with all them mountain fellers a-knockin'.

:)

annaswirls said:
the pink gown tied closed with a single tie
signals look look at my breasts
we sit in soft vinyl benches
page through people magazines
golden globe gowns
we are braless
without our armor lift separate
I feel the skin of my breast
on the skin of my chest
we wait for the compressions, the turning t
he radiation
and just want to be separate from these pieces of flesh
pressed between plastic

she tells me
there are calcifications in her breasts
I do not know what this means
Calcium migrates to cancer
she tells me
I did not know that either
before I had to

It is my first time
I just want to leave my breasts here in the waiting room
and go home alone

I never wear pink

i just have to say this is incredible - especially compared to The Other One you showed me, (though i think i can seriously relate to both. :D)

excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back