"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
somebody stop me!

I think I have forgotten how to post :eek: too many hours in the attic

Last edited:
sophia jane said:
<snip> First up: Champagne1982's The Midway- I love the descriptions in this poem. Lots of tastes and sounds that really come alive. The poem, in my opinion, gets better toward the end (I'm not a fan of the first line, actually; it doesn't feel right to me. But the rest of the poem more than kept my interest). My favorite stanza:

It lounges on her frothy, cotton
candy bedspread to watch the swoon
written down on vellum pages
of her sweet sixteen dear diary</snip>
Thank you for your review, it's nice to be recognized out there on the lists since I've been on a haitus from posting lately. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem.

I have been reading new poems :D

I see so many talented poets here. There is also a lot of new talent ... raw talent here. Just wanted to encourage everyone to read and comment. I submit to hear that commentary. To see if I am growing as a poet ... or not. I love to read and sometimes feel there just is not enough time ...*sighs

BUT ... if you have hit a slump, or just want something a lil different, go and read the new poems. I promise you it is a whole new world and you will be all the better for it. I always come away from that page full of piss n vinegar, wanting to write. ;)

So Thank You everyone who is submitting, and giving us inspiration ~

Welcome new poets, hang around, grow, play ... feel free to write whatever hits ya ~

:rose: :rose:

Reminder

The Poets said:

A simple rule, that will be enforced for a while, and after that we'll just play it by ear: poetry discussion only. This thread is to recommend, review or comment on new poems posted at Literotica. No off-topic chat, no thank you notes unless they include relevant comments about the poems. If you have any other comments to make or if you want to thank the reviewer for the mention, please do it in PM or post on the Chit Chat thread. We have the entire forum to chat, I think we can keep it out of this one thread, so that no new poems go by unnoticed. I hope you all understand why we're doing this.

There are several people who volunteered to review the new poetry list once a week, but everyone can and should post their reviews, of course.

Sex&Death said:
TGIF! New Poems!

What is it to love a wolf (sestina) by cherries_on_snow is rich with vivid imagery and symbolic echoes. If you've ever wanted to be stalked by a poem that is padding the edges of wilderness, give this a read. Wolves just can't be fully domesticated.

~~Haiku Ribber~~ by MyNecroticSnail is destined to define the new form of "spoofku." Only the evil twin of a master kuist could so meaningfully spoof nothingness.

Her Johnny Reb by BooMerengue offers us poetry not only in words, form and language, but in the heart and soul of her subject as well. This woman's life flows and ebbs in the beautiful fullness and emptiness of real love and roads not taken with no regret.

~S&D
Nothing is the way of Zen
(Silence and respect for the masters is also, but that is another matter)

When I came down from the mountain and dropped my pants, I realized I could count to 17

Thanks for the mention S&D :rose: ;) <winkz

thank you everyone for your kind support. I'm going through a rough patch at the moment and you've all been lovely.

I :heart: you all

Willows_Tears said:
he said
you always come back from Pennsylvania with poetry
and I stop
he is right
I used to

what heppened?

snakes sleep together curled tight when the weather is cold
and sunshine warm start to move outward
and this is how I remember my mother
running through the first cut hay field
jumping and screaming
god they were everywhere, every time she jumped
there were more
she moved more and more slowly
realizing there was no where to go
and they were all so slow and sleepy
barely moving

no
that is not Pennsylvania poetry

Wow, that's good.

...and I'm out of the race for this time. Will (might) be back for another round later.

MyNecroticSnail said:
Ever wonder why you should wear shoes in the forest?

The perfect balance achieved here (average)

Critique a Beaver's Tail
I love the ambiguity of the title, and the comments are on, but I get the feeling he really doesn't want anything more than "I love your wit and humor"

(probably from the same person that hates mine)

comment moved to the thread...
"Critque a Beaver's Tail"

Last edited:
ty MNS

MyNecroticSnail said:
Ever wonder why you should wear shoes in the forest?

The perfect balance achieved here (average)

Critique a Beaver's Tail
I love the ambiguity of the title, and the comments are on, but I get the feeling he really doesn't want anything more than "I love your wit and humor" :rolleyes:

(probably from the same person that hates mine)

for reviewing todays batch..I just returned a few secs ago..from trip to the mountains...me arse is a draggin...later...blue

thank you, Annaswirls

:heart:

Thank you for reading my little poem. It's original title was to be Eau Claire Moment... but I changed my mind :D

I am honored that you still read my work and take the time to think about it and realize what it really means.

love you, a/f

:rose:

j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back