"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

At long last the Poetry Top List has been fixed to offer a fairer look. Instead of only the top 100 it's now the top 500. Which is only fair considering there are well over 34,000 poems. Now if only we can keep on writing quality matierial...

LeBroz said:

At long last the Poetry Top List has been fixed to offer a fairer look. Instead of only the top 100 it's now the top 500. Which is only fair considering there are well over 34,000 poems. Now if only we can keep on writing quality matierial...

Runs to look! Thanks Leon. :)

Tristesse2 said:
Runs to look! Thanks Leon. :)

That's not the only change happening! {Oh yes, it's not just most votes, but also most views list that has been expanded to 500!}

Comments have been changed!!! You still have to enter name & password but now that's the default and if you're logged in, it shows you your log in ID so you know you're set. {I know, I would have preferred that it would have been completely automatic, but it's a small improvement.}

Take a look!

But so far the Feedback Portal still isn't working. Wonder what sort of surprises are in store there?

LeBroz said:
That's not the only change happening! {Oh yes, it's not just most votes, but also most views list that has been expanded to 500!}

Comments have been changed!!! You still have to enter name & password but now that's the default and if you're logged in, it shows you your log in ID so you know you're set. {I know, I would have preferred that it would have been completely automatic, but it's a small improvement.}

Take a look!

I was waaaaay wrong! I just did a comment and it just hit me, if you're logged in with the ID you want to use {for those with multiple ID's}, you don't need to do anything!

You're set and will have your ID automatically show up on your comment. Thank you Manu!

And if you want another ID to show on your comment, manually enter it and the appropriate password and your alt will be used.

For prolific commentators, this change is blessed relief!!!

LeBroz said:
I was waaaaay wrong! I just did a comment and it just hit me, if you're logged in with the ID you want to use {for those with multiple ID's}, you don't need to do anything!

You're set and will have your ID automatically show up on your comment. Thank you Manu!

And if you want another ID to show on your comment, manually enter it and the appropriate password and your alt will be used.

For prolific commentators, this change is blessed relief!!!

:nana: :nana: :nana:

I made a few comments yesterday am and saw nothing
... and now Whoopppp there it is ~ ;)

Thank You Leon for keeping us sooo well informed, your da bomb ~!! :cool:

~~ off to play ...

RhymeFairy said:
:nana: :nana: :nana:

I made a few comments yesterday am and saw nothing
... and now Whoopppp there it is ~ ;)

Thank You Leon for keeping us sooo well informed, your da bomb ~!! :cool:

~~ off to play ...

Not sure of all the changes but I do know that the Poetry Top Lists {number of views and votes} have been expanded from 100 to 500 poems and, of course, comments have finally been made easy [hey annaswirls, I know I've heard you lament this item for some time now - it should make you happy]. You don't even have to enter a location; just title, temp, comment & security code (assuming you're logged in and will use that ID).

So far (as of 6am Eastern time) the Feedback Portal still is showing a blank. I've alerted Manu.

And for those who were trying to do anything in the story/poetry area yesterday, Manu was at it for about 10 hours starting around 3pm Eastern time. So if the site seemed weird, that's what was happening; only the Forum wasn't affected.

Last edited:
LeBroz said:
Not sure of all the changes but I do know that the Poetry Top Lists {number of views and votes} have been expanded from 100 to 500 poems and, of course, comments have finally been made easy [hey annaswirls, I know I've heard you lament this item for some time now - it should make you happy]. You don't even have to enter a location; just title, temp, comment & security code (assuming you're logged in and will use that ID).

So far (as of 6am Eastern time) the Feedback Portal still is showing a blank. I've alerted Manu.

And for those who were trying to do anything in the story/poetry area yesterday, Manu was at it for about 10 hours starting around 3pm Eastern time. So if the site seemed weird, that's what was happening; only the Forum wasn't affected.

Just noticed that the problem with the Feedback Portal has been fixed. If any of you experience any weird events {such as a blank page} go to this link to report the problem.

Yay, glad to hear the feedback portal is working (and easier). Being inherently lazy, I may get up the strength to comment more often.

Also, thank you Angeline and My Erotic Trail for mentioning my poems "My Sins" and "Ideally" this week. I appreciate the feedback. :rose::rose:

Site Problems?

Has anyone had problems accessing posted stories and/or poems? I have been unable to access any of mine. The first line of my sig has links to my profile, and to two poems. I can't access any on my profile...

Can someone here try also, and let me know if they encounter the same problem, or if the poems load correctly?

thanks.

srw

There was a momentary hiccup; well, more like at least 30 minutes. During that period all I got were blank pages. It looks like it's all fixed. From what Manu has said, can expect little hiccups like this from time to time while changes are gradually being implemented while the story index is being upgraded.

Thanks to you both! Everything seems to be working properly now.

Broz, thanks for the kind words!

Peace.

Thank you Leon for the mention of my new poem Planting Season, in today's new reviews. I did write this poem for Maria but since submitting, it seems not as good as I remember. I know I could write a lot better and yes, I do intend to. :D

Also, want to Thank Maria again, (and everyone else ) for leaving such inspirational writes here on the threads. Left for those of us who pass and taste a hint of passion, sadness, love and erotic ... :heart:

Last but not least, lol

Thank yous all around for everyone who reads, comments and encourages/supports our fellow writers here. :kiss:

~~stepping off soapbox ~~ :p

:rose: :rose: :rose:

First, I want to thank Rhyme Fairy for writing that beautiful poem, fo rme!! Planting Season, oh yes, thats what actually makes me feel alive.

I havent been reading the new poems like I should be,..I wont go into all the reasons, just say it has to do with darkness and dislike of this season...

secondly, I want to thank colddiesel for recommending my poem, untitled( admission of guilt). I didnt expect anyone to read it, or even make a comment, but I didnt know I had the comments off!!

Its funny how, by default, one is on, one is off and if you turn off voting and dont pay attention...well,.... lol, anyway, and hugs to sandspike for the kind note.

hugs to you all!!

:heart:

maria

LeBroz said:
Lauren Hynde leads off with her first ever poem with audio in White Noise (I). Don't be disappointed at not hearing her speak but the work is still quite unique ~ isn't that always her case?

Thank you, Leon. I've been trying to record something with my own voice, but my computer's sound card is being quite uncooperative. But I think that the medium of a poem has to be link with its content, and so these found poems worked even better. There are three of them, but I just noticed that only one was posted today, and the other two are pre-approved with tomorrow's and the day after's dates.

Also, thank you to vampiredust, to Angeline, and to everyone who read and/or left comments on my most recent poems. :rose:

Thank you!

Leon for covering yesterday...My mind is a scatter beacon these days...can't seem to find the mindset to read much...and I want the poets to have a good review...so someone else would do more justice than I...thanks blue

Thanks LeBroz and vampiredust, for the mention of two of my poems in the review thread this week :kiss:

Thanks for the mention V-Dust

Not sure if that makes you crazy than me for writing it. I appreciate the good words from all the kind votes and comments. Eventhough it really was just nothing more than 100% silliness. :p

Thanks to anyone who takes the time and trouble to leave me a PC and/or a vote :kiss:

Ps. it's nice to know that 1-bombs are not exclusive to the stories sector of Lit :rolleyes: Hello Mr Troll ! :D

Thanks to Tzara for the mention and kind words
and to Pat also for the perhaps over enthusiastic but welcome praise
:D
and to all who commented on the poem
it was nice to get some feedback from people I know wouldn't hold back.

That 30 day thread produced some great stuff for me that I still tinker with a year later.
one poem made it into the Zygotes fall print edition which both surprised and pleased me no end.

and of course to Jai whose poetry inspired the original work in the first place.

Namaste' to all

Tath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back