Trump formally files appeal of $365 million verdict, does NOT post required bond

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/golf/2023/trump-golf-earnings-doral-1234731160/
Look how much he made off his Golf courses in just a few months!

lol, Trump has lost over 315 million on his courses over the past decade. Making a few bucks now is meaningless.
Plus he owns 78 million shares of Truth Social !
[UwwRL]https://www.reuters.com/markets/dea...way-merger-with-trumps-media-firm-2024-02-15/[/URL]

As if hes broke or EVER will be broke! Lmao But I can promise you, the communist judge who handed down the 365 million dollar penalty hangs by his neck before the court sees a single dime of that money! TRUTH
Truth Social........lmfao Has less than 600,000 monthly users, and the App doesn't even make the top 100 D/L's list....But hey, if some dumb schmucks are going to buy and give him a bunch of money....great, he can't spend it for six months and who knows if those shares go up or down, once the real values are learned by the stock holders...Penny stock anyone?

Trump claims a worth of 2.6-5 Billion, depending upon which side of the mouth he is talking from. So the court is only asking for 1/6th of his worth at most. In 30 days I could easily come up with 1/3 rd of what I am worth, or even more, since I have good credit. I don't have a history of not paying my bills, nor have I left a mountain of unpaid loans.

There is a reason Trump used offshore banking, and it's not because he got better rates....
I’m no Trump fan but it’s possible he doesn’t have that much in cash.

It now seems that the most likely next stage is that Trump may fail to obtain the required Bond. The next formal stage would be a request from Letitia James to Barbara Jones the Trump Organisation Monitor to identify where and when she can provide the necessary funds to meet the verdict. That would require the Monitor to identify all of the Trump organisations assets and their values net of encumbrances (loans etc)

BUT those loans are already almost certainly a major problem to Trump. Major loans usually have all sorts of contingency conditions attached to them and that will commonly include the right of a lender to call in the total loan as soon as any malfeasance is alleged/found by any competent jurisdiction (the court). These would likely have been triggered either by the fraud decision, or sooner if that was at the (likely) discretion of the lender entities. Thus the total amount owed by Trump on the two major cases + the loans could be many millions more than the relatively modest half a Billion on the two decided cases (Fraud and Carrol)
As anticipated, Trump has failed to obtain the required bond. However, I think he has a decent chance of getting relief from the court on this issue for a number of reasons. Firstly, the Brokers can advise that 30 institutions (insurers) have declined the risk. Secondly the EJ Carroll bond was for about $90 million and Chubb the guarantor would only have granted that if they had been granted a lien over all of Trumps unencumbered net assets, and this bond has used up all available market capacity. Bank loans on properties would be treated as preferred creditors ahead of Chubb. Thirdly he may have an unlooked for ally; the Monitor appointed to the Trump companies can advise independently what funds are available - or not. In the light of the available facts my judgement is that Trump could obtain a very substantial reduction in the fraud case Bond given that the Monitor has pretty much total control of Trumps companies so he cannot liquidate anything for his own benefit.

Even if the Court reduced the fraud case Bond requirement to say $100 Million with an additional say $25 million of Trump cash, I suspect he still might fail.

But I suppose he could ask his son in law for a buck.

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/golf/2023/trump-golf-earnings-doral-1234731160/
Look how much he made off his Golf courses in just a few months!

Plus he owns 78 million shares of Truth Social !
[UwwRL]https://www.reuters.com/markets/dea...way-merger-with-trumps-media-firm-2024-02-15/[/URL]

As if hes broke or EVER will be broke! Lmao But I can promise you, the communist judge who handed down the 365 million dollar penalty hangs by his neck before the court sees a single dime of that money! TRUTH
"According to a Sportico analysis of a recent Federal Election Commission disclosure, Trump reported earning as much as $555 million from his golf portfolio between January 2022 and April 14, 2023. That tally accounts for roughly half of the $1.2 billion in income he specified as having received during that time."

This source is quoting Trump's version of how much he made. We know how that goes in court testimony. So take it with a few grains of salt.

And exactly where is that money when he needs 454m for the bond? I guess that figure is gross, not net income.

If you gross 555m but spend it on expenses, you are not a true millionaire or even a billionaire. TRUTH, TOO!

"According to a Sportico analysis of a recent Federal Election Commission disclosure, Trump reported earning as much as $555 million from his golf portfolio between January 2022 and April 14, 2023. That tally accounts for roughly half of the $1.2 billion in income he specified as having received during that time."

This source is quoting Trump's version of how much he made. We know how that goes in court testimony. So take it with a few grains of salt.

And exactly where is that money when he needs 454m for the bond? I guess that figure is gross, not net income.

If you gross 555m but spend it on expenses, you are not a true millionaire or even a billionaire. TRUTH, TOO!
Trump dumped 300 million into his Scottish golf courses in 2021, many question where he came up with that cash, and given he can't come up with 500 million right now, that gives some credence to him being very over leveraged.

I suspect that everything he owns is heavily mortgaged. Even seizing all his assets and liquidating them won't raise $500m
Trump, An Overview

Property Rich? This is just a tip of what his properties are like:

In 2015, 17 buildings in Manhattan bearing Trump’s name were reported (along with Central Park’s Wollman Rink and the Trump Golf Links golf course in the Bronx). But a number of those have since shed their Trump branding, and it appears his hold on many of the remaining properties is tenuous at best — one licensing-deal expiration away.

Trump International Hotel and Tower

The Columbus Circle building bears his moniker, but he owns little of the space. It is roughly half hotel rooms and half condos. The majority owner is General Electric and Ohio’s Galbreath Company. According to the New York Times, Trump owns the parking garage, the valet booth, room-service kitchens, lobby bathrooms, a restaurant space, and one unit.

Trump Tower – Fifth Avenue

While 40 Wall Street is one of Trump’s largest holdings, he doesn’t own the land it is built upon. He controls and manages the building. If that is confusing, this will help. Trump owns the “ground lease” to the 72-story building, which requires him to pay rent to the landowners—the wealthy Hinneberg family of Germany. Basically, he rents the dirt on a 99-year lease, and at the end of 99 years, the lease expires. Then, the structure becomes the property of the Hinneberg family. Trump no longer controls or receives anything.

His penthouse is the famous 30,000-square-foot ‘mistake’ in his fraud case. The actual square footage is about 10,000 sf.

1290 Avenue of the Americas

Hong Kong investors bailed Trump out of financial trouble by swapping the residential project near Lincoln Center. This left Trump with a 30 percent stake in the 1290 Avenue building that is locked up until 2044, which means he can’t sell it until then (when he’ll be 97 years old). The Hong Kong investors then sold their controlling interest to Vornado. Trump has no control over the building’s management or branding, but his share on paper is one of his company’s biggest assets.

DA Letitia James accuses Trump of conveniently omitting the restrictions of the share — like not being able to sell it for decades — in his financial statements, which falsely portrayed the amount as “cash” that he controlled. James said Trump cherry-picked numbers to create “false and misleading valuations” that made the property appear to be worth $1.5 billion more than it was in reality.

Trump Park Avenue

502 Park Avenue

Trump reportedly owned 23 apartments in this 32-story building as of 2013, which included unsold condos and rental units. In 2011, Ivanka Trump rented one of the unsold penthouses, which included an option to buy it for $8.5 million. But shortly thereafter, the Trump Organization claimed the unit was worth $25 million without disclosing the far cheaper price offered to Ivanka.

Another issue was that 12 of the building’s apartments are rent-stabilized — Don Jr. has reportedly called them “the bane of my existence” — and appraised by a bank at $750,000 in total.

The Trump Organization claimed those apartments were worth as much as $50 million. This creative accounting enabled the Trump Organization to value the building as high as $350 million, James’s lawsuit said. But in reality, it was worth much less — $72.5 million, according to a 2010 valuation.

-----

I haven't dug through the rest --- it's not worth the tribulation after seeing these.:eek:

People with money don’t usually like to just throw it away. They see a clear loser with this one.
Bingo. The man has been stiffing his creditors for decades, refusing to pay his bills and then tying them up in court until they give up. And anyone who knows him well enough for him to ask them for money knows it.

People with money don’t usually like to just throw it away. They see a clear loser with this one.
I would think that most billionaire republicans, even MAGATs, probably became billionaires by being smart enough (My Pillow Guy excepted) not to stupidly double down and say the exact same things about E Jean on the courthouse steps after losing at trial. Seeing that stupidity, they would not give a dime to that moron for his defense. They’ll still vote for him, though.

How much money can he squeeze out of the RNC?
Look at how Rightguide always sees everything as a matter of Trump being persecuted. That will get a lot of contributions from people like him, no doubt about it. But I'm not so sure it'll be enough this time.

Look at how Rightguide always sees everything as a matter of Trump being persecuted. That will get a lot of contributions from people like him, no doubt about it. But I'm not so sure it'll be enough this time.
"Perpetual Victimhood" is a core tenet of the MAGA philosophy.

Ol'Babydoll Hands can't possibly post his bond. I guess he's not as rich as he says he is? Shocker.

I think the problem is that most Republican billionaires are ACTUAL Republicans and not MAGA retards. They believe in smaller government, lower taxes, pro-life policies, and fewer regulations. Traditional, rational conservative ideals. They DON'T believe the last election was rigged or stolen, that you can shine a very powerful light inside the body to fight Covid-19, or that it's a good idea to nuke a hurricane. Or that loaning money to Donald Trump is a wise investment.

Back