What I learned from publishing a Loving Wives story

With the right supplies on-hand, tying her up is easy. It's the "Hmmm? Now what's next?" that takes some thought.

I'll think about adding that rubber chicken of Wanda's as an option.
I have to get back to my “training my bf to restrain me” story. I think I got distracted by including a pre-BDSM massage scene.

Em

Sorry.

I just edited out my spoilers.
I didn't mean to suggest that! This is a place to discuss. It's my job to avoid being spoiled if I haven't read something yet. (Now I have.) I don't want you to censor yourself.

Last edited:
Well my first LW story has been posted. The Colonel's Wife is linked in my sig line. I'm pretty happy with it. I have at least one more LW story on my idea page.
I just left a public comment on your story, "The Colonel's Wife".

No disrespect to Emily, but yours is truly a Loving Wives story, without BTB or other negatives of any kind.

Well done!

I didn't mean to suggest that! This is a place to discuss. It's my job to avoid being spoiled if I haven't read something yet. (Now I have.) I don't want you to censor yourself.
No problem. I thought I might be giving too much away here in the forum, rather than at the end of the story in comments. But I thought it applied to this thread.

I just left a public comment on your story, "The Colonel's Wife".

No disrespect to Emily, but yours is truly a Loving Wives story, without BTB or other negatives of any kind.

Well done!
I’m very confused about your BTB references. Who? Ed? He went off to a NYC law firm. Not exactly the 2nd circle of hell. More like the 4th I guess.

Em

I’m very confused about your BTB references. Who? Ed? He went off to a NYC law firm. Not exactly the 2nd circle of hell. More like the 4th I guess.

Em

I think he didn't want to seem disrespectful by complimenting me, in your thread. Probably wasn't a reference to your story.

Well, it's done and submitted. We'll see how it goes. I'm happy with the story and that's what matters.
On to my story for the AI challenge, my first Sci-Fi/Fantasy attempt.
I happened to love the story. If you are going to be in this lifestyle, this is the way it should be done. Loving and consensual.

I think he didn't want to seem disrespectful by complimenting me, in your thread. Probably wasn't a reference to your story.
No it was - he spoke about BTB in my story further up. Just a bit confused as there is nothing I would consider BTB (burn the bastard is the phrase he used) in my story.

Em

No it was - he spoke about BTB in my story further up. Just a bit confused as there is nothing I would consider BTB (burn the bastard is the phrase he used) in my story.

Em
Yeah that was one of the confusing spoilers. Had me worried for Jacob! Didn't get any less confusing when I finished, but at least I wasn't worried about Jacob anymore.

Yeah that was one of the confusing spoilers. Had me worried for Jacob! Didn't get any less confusing when I finished, but at least I wasn't worried about Jacob anymore.
I have really no idea what he was referring to. Kinda let it slide then he mentioned it again and said it was negative. Now I’m 🤔.

Em

Em
Lucia's husband was charged as a pedophile.

Yeah, I know: she didn't burn him. But Paula did. Of course, we can see it as he got what he deserved. But it still introduces a negative vibe.

I prefer happy endings, ... like Rob_Royale's.

When it comes to non-happy endings, I have one in "Lifestyle Ch.08/09: Clubs/Parties". At the end of Chapter 8, the guy (not my MC) drags his wife out of a sex club HE wanted to join, because SHE was having TOO much fun in a gangbang initiation! (Be careful what you wish for.) He had self-image issues.

Lucia's husband was charged as a pedophile.
The allegation was retracted - he’s living in CA with a stripper
Yeah, I know: she didn't burn him. But Paula did. Of course, we can see it as he got what he deserved. But it still introduces a negative vibe.
Who is “he” in this? Ed?
Ed and Paula got divorced - Ed is working in NYC - given he’s a rapist, doesn’t sound like much of a burning TBH
I prefer happy endings, ... like Rob_Royale's.
I am totally lost what you mean - honestly

I feel for some reason you have picked up that I have some problem with sharing and want to punish anyone who does it - you compared this to your more positive view. I addressed this above.

I am really not sure why you felt an essentially HEA was BTB - I don’t get it
When it comes to non-happy endings, I have one in "Lifestyle Ch.08/09: Clubs/Parties". At the end of Chapter 8, the guy (not my MC) drags his wife out of a sex club HE wanted to join, because SHE was having TOO much fun in a gangbang initiation! (Be careful what you wish for.)

Who is “he” in this? Ed?
Ed and Paula got divorced - Ed is working in NYC - given he’s a rapist, doesn’t sound like much of a burning TBH

I feel for some reason you have picked up that I have some problem with sharing and want to punish anyone who does it - you compared this to your more positive view. I addressed this above.

Sorry. Just my view of the overall story puts the swinger/sharing community in a sleazy light, leading to the divorces. Lucia's husband was still charged as a pedo, and Paula's husband effectively had to leave town, too.

The majority of the LW readers are looking for the burns of those promoting sharing (whether husband or wife), and (IMO) that's what they're seeing with those two husbands: They don't get to stay with the sexy wives they shared.

Sorry. Just my view of the overall story puts the swinger/sharing community in a sleazy light
And this is a) your opinion and b) what seems to bother you. I used to do fucking gang bangs back in the day. I enjoyed gang bangs. I write [mostly] positively about them. I don’t have a problem with swingers. It’s in your head. The people doing sharing in this story were assholes. That’s it. It‘a not a reflection on anything else but those individuals.
leading to the divorces. Lucia's husband was still charged as a pedo, and Paula's husband effectively had to leave town, too.

The majority of the LW readers are looking for the burns of those promoting sharing (whether husband or wife), and (IMO) that's what they're seeing with those two husbands: They don't get to stay with the sexy wives they shared
You are bringing your own assumptions to this. It’s not got a lot to do with what I wrote.

Em

Who is “he” in this? Ed?

These are two different stories, with different issues, different characters, but at the end, all the issues were resolved, and all parties that needed to be happy, were. I loved them both, for different reasons. As some of you understand, I like happy endings, and hate BTB unless there is egregious behavior by one of the spouses. And egregious has to do with intent.

And this is a) your opinion and b) what seems to bother you. I used to do fucking gang bangs back in the day. I enjoyed gang bangs. I write [mostly] positively about them. I don’t have a problem with swingers. It’s in your head. The people doing sharing in this story were assholes. That’s it. It‘a not a reflection on anything else but those individuals.

You are bringing your own assumptions to this. It’s not got a lot to do with what I wrote.

Em
If you read my Ch 8 story (linked above) about the gangbang, you would probably accuse me of being against her gangbang. But I'm actually disparaging the insecure husband's intervening and extracting his wife, then being judgmental. She was having FUN, and there was nothing wrong about that.

But in your story, the only thing I picked up from the swinger/sharing aspect was that it was negative. I don't recall any of that being shown in a fun, positive light, other than Lucia's husband hoping to get a promotion out of pimping her out. Really?

Yours is a good story (I gave it a 5) leading to happy outcomes ... for those main characters in your story. But it was a negative on the happily sharing sex lifestyle. If you read Rob_Royale's "The Colonel's Wife", you'll see the difference. He had nothing to say bad about their sharing lifestyle, and everyone ended happily ever after.

If you read my latest story "My Wife wants a Hall Pass", you'll see my attitude that "sharing is NOT a bad thing, and everyone can have fun with sex." (My MC doesn't even disparage the other guy's lifestyle, merely saying "I don't lean that way.")

If you read my Ch 8 story (linked above) about the gangbang, you would probably accuse me of being against her gangbang. But I'm actually disparaging the insecure husband's intervening and extracting his wife, then being judgmental. She was having FUN, and there was nothing wrong about that.

But in your story, the only thing I picked up from the swinger/sharing aspect was that it was negative. I don't recall any of that being shown in a fun, positive light, other than Lucia's husband hoping to get a promotion out of pimping her out. Really?

Yours is a good story (I gave it a 5) leading to happy outcomes ... for those main characters in your story. But it was a negative on the happily sharing sex lifestyle. If you read Rob_Royale's "The Colonel's Wife", you'll see the difference. He had nothing to say bad about their sharing lifestyle, and everyone ended happily ever after.

If you read my latest story "My Wife wants a Hall Pass", you'll see my attitude that "sharing is NOT a bad thing, and everyone can have fun with sex." (My MC doesn't even disparage the other guy's lifestyle, merely saying "I don't lean that way.")
This is pointless.

You keep just making the same general assertion which you can’t do based on individual specifics.

Well I guess you can and are, but I’m going to stop wasting my time pointing out the fallacy.

Em

This is pointless.

You keep just making the same general assertion which you can’t do based on individual specifics.

Well I guess you can and are, but I’m going to stop wasting my time pointing out the fallacy.

Em
In my opinion, the background of the sleazy sex sharing club was a negative vibe. It reminded me of a man-hating, feminist, "the misogynist husbands pimped out their wives" attitude.

I told you, yours was well written and that the happy endings were good, for which I gave it a five! But as a reader, it was alittle short of a perfect five for what I was looking for in a Loving Wives story.

You seem to have an issue with accepting ANY critique of any aspect of your story!

Your way, or the highway. I guess you might not bother listening to any beta-readers or editors. Okay.

In my opinion, the background of the sleazy sex sharing club was a negative vibe. It reminded me of a man-hating, feminist, "the misogynist husbands pimped out their wives" attitude.

I told you, yours was well written and that the happy endings were good, for which I gave it a five! But as a reader, it was alittle short of a perfect five for what I was looking for in a Loving Wives story.

You seem to have an issue with accepting ANY critique of any aspect of your story!

Your way, or the highway. I guess you might not bother listening to any beta-readers or editors. Okay.
Feminists, are not man haters...

They are female positive...

There's a difference....

There are couples who swing for the right reasons, and couples who swing for the wrong reasons.

What I took from Emily's story was that in this case, both couples were in it for the wrong reasons.

I didn't see that in any way disparaging of the swinging lifestyle in general or putting a negative spin those who swing for the right reasons.

Just my opinion.

There are couples who swing for the right reasons, and couples who swing for the wrong reasons.

What I took from Emily's story was that in this case, both couples were in it for the wrong reasons.

I didn't see that in any way disparaging of the swinging lifestyle in general or putting a negative spin those who swing for the right reasons.

Just my opinion.
I agree there are those in it for the right and wrong reasons.

But the impression I got from the story was only showing those in it for the wrong reasons. Even subtle references to the other wives dissing the one gives the impression the others in the club were not in healthy relationships. It gives the impression of a "Stepford Wives" group.

I said the story as written was well written. And I mentioned earlier: "For a more in-depth version of your story "Jacob's Progress", it would have been nice to see your personality developing a few of the other husbands in the neighborhood swinger club. The two swingers in your story were manipulators, one pimping out his wife and the other a rapist, seeming to show you having a negative view of such sharing."

I just didn't see any right reasons shown in her story. But then again, showing such right reasons for swinging and sharing is what brings out the shitty comments from the monogamous-only trolls.

I agree there are those in it for the right and wrong reasons.

But the impression I got from the story was only showing those in it for the wrong reasons. Even subtle references to the other wives dissing the one gives the impression the others in the club were not in healthy relationships. It gives the impression of a "Stepford Wives" group.

I said the story as written was well written. And I mentioned earlier: "For a more in-depth version of your story "Jacob's Progress", it would have been nice to see your personality developing a few of the other husbands in the neighborhood swinger club. The two swingers in your story were manipulators, one pimping out his wife and the other a rapist, seeming to show you having a negative view of such sharing."

I just didn't see any right reasons shown in her story. But then again, showing such right reasons for swinging and sharing is what brings out the shitty comments from the monogamous-only trolls.

And I'll respectfully counter that by saying that just because this story featured a negative version of swinging doesn't mean it was done with the intent of putting all swingers in a negative light.

Nor does it make the author somehow obligated to go out of their way to write a positive swinger encounter to counteract the negative.

This was a story about one particular group. Not the lifestyle as a whole.

And we know these types exist in real life; the ones who get into it for all the wrong reasons and put undue pressure on their partners to join in.

Last edited:
And I'll respectfully counter that by saying that just because this story featured a negative version of swinging doesn't mean it was done with the intent of putting all swingers in a negative light.

Nor does it make the author somehow obligated to go out of their way to write a positive swinger encounter to counteract the negative.

This was a story about one particular group. Not the lifestyle as a whole.

And we know these types exist in real life; the ones who get into it for all the wrong reasons and put undue pressure on their partners to join in.
Okay, for this thread on learning lessons from the LW category, I'll try to spell it out better here:

I never said the author was obligated to do anything.
I said the story was worthy of a 5.
I pointed out what I believed was one reason for a good acceptance by the LW crowd, in that the story shows sharing in a negative light.

The story which I very much appreciated, "The Colonel's Wife", showed them sharing in extra-marital sex, and doing so in a positive light with no negativity. It ends with the couple deciding to try monogamy.

In "Jacob's Progress", as I've mentioned, as written it doesn't show any positives for that swinger club. The two marriages specifically mentioned in that club ended in divorce. It ends with relatively happy endings for the MCs.

"The Colonel's Wife" is currently at 4.18 in LW, and I'm wondering if that might be due to that suggested monogamous ending. And "Jacob's Progress" is at 4.58. So, could that be due to the general vibe I felt that swinger clubs are a negative?

I can't write so well as to get a 4.0 in LW within the first week (as these two stories did), and mine only grow to that level at best after multiple 1-scrapings by the Admins.

My suggestion "...it would have been nice to see your personality developing a few of the other husbands in the neighborhood swinger club.", because I know I'm a shitty writer. My stories have other defects in the writing style, which deservedly detract from a one-to-one comparison with other stories for a qualitative assessment of what the LW crowd is looking for and find acceptable.

My latest effort in trying to show a positive spin on extra-marital sex and definitively showing the husband is NOT being dissed by a cheating wife had one commenter say: "Hell, where are the sheep and dogs? Seems like she has fucked about everybody and every thing else. May as well do some barn yard animals as well." Now, I can't even write that story because LitE Admins would reject it.

Back