Where Are You Published

Angeline said:
I do. I've read the novel and it's poetic way before the last paragraph.

Some people speak in poetry. The frightening part is I've come to understand it. :D

:rose:
So, if the next terrorist attack on America comes from disgruntled beat writers you'll be a hot commodity. :D

flyguy69 said:
So, if the next terrorist attack on America comes from disgruntled beat writers you'll be a hot commodity. :D

I'm fully prepared to serve my country if beat poetry or pig latin translation is required.

Listen and Be Heard

is a local rag that just published I am California. They also have a local cafe where poets have open mic every Thursday. So if any of you poets be in my neighborhood, let's go read! It's a real kick with fun people.

Syn :kiss:

annaswirls said:
congrad-tadulations! That is a very cool zine. Can you give us a hint at which are yours? I went and hadn't a clue.

~as
thanks, and sure, link

my poems are:

my old vengeance and on birthdays

Syndra Lynn said:
is a local rag that just published I am California. They also have a local cafe where poets have open mic every Thursday. So if any of you poets be in my neighborhood, let's go read! It's a real kick with fun people.

Syn :kiss:

:heart:

Congrats Syndra.

WickedEve said:
I've been checking out online poetry sites for days now. I have some poems that I'd like to find a new home for. But I honestly don't know which ones to submit where. Any suggestions on any of these:

For The Old Woman

model of henry dying

After The Doves

To Prattle With Madness

Bone Poetry

Poetry People

Dismantling Home

erogami

examining words

serial sumie

straight razor searching

And bread that's in my sig line:

I read your poems and you should think about Exquisite Corpse. They're not taking any submissions until May, but they are good and very well known--have an excellent rep. They are very willing to publish poets who don't already have a rep if they think the poems are good. They're not easy to get into, but they're open-minded. And your poems are way good enough.

I'd send 3-5. If you want additional opinion on which, let me know. It's only my two cents, but hey it's feedback. :D

Angeline said:
I read your poems and you should think about Exquisite Corpse. They're not taking any submissions until May, but they are good and very well known--have an excellent rep. They are very willing to publish poets who don't already have a rep if they think the poems are good. They're not easy to get into, but they're open-minded. And your poems are way good enough.

I'd send 3-5. If you want additional opinion on which, let me know. It's only my two cents, but hey it's feedback. :D
Yes, which ones! :D
I need to try something different besides lit. I have new poems (well, ones on lit) that were just posted at the dead mule and erotic readers and writers association. I've done dead mule before. ERWA is new for me. I don't get around much. I want to try some new places. I looked at the born site. So cool. I don't know if I have anything that would work there. I just got rejected by literary mama and thieves jargon. I knew what I sent t.j. wasn't going to work but I thought the 2 I sent L.M. would have been accepted. I give up on erosha. They seem to be dead.

By the way, the thieves jargon email seemed to be a personal reply. (maybe not) But literary mama one was a form letter. God, it sucked to get it. I haven't submitted to many places, so I'm kind new to poetry rejection. I don't like it!

WickedEve said:
By the way, the thieves jargon email seemed to be a personal reply. (maybe not) But literary mama one was a form letter. God, it sucked to get it. I haven't submitted to many places, so I'm kind new to poetry rejection. I don't like it!

Hang in there Eve! You are the best of us and you will make it big. :D I have every confidence in you. Someone was just telling me I need to start submitting elsewhere, but I think I am addicted to instant publish and feedback. Gotta break another addiction! :rolleyes:

Go get em, tiger.

Syn :rose:

Syndra Lynn said:
Hang in there Eve! You are the best of us and you will make it big. :D I have every confidence in you. Someone was just telling me I need to start submitting elsewhere, but I think I am addicted to instant publish and feedback. Gotta break another addiction! :rolleyes:

Go get em, tiger.

Syn :rose:
I know what you mean. I've been submitting here for over 3 years. Instant gratification and no rejection.
I wasn't upset about thieves jargon. I know I need to find the right poems for the right sites. I do great at dead mule with all the southern stuff. lol I don't get literary mama. I sent them a good mommy poem. I couldn't get more motherly. I guess I need to go back read the poetry again to get a better idea of what they really want.

WickedEve said:

Matt is a good guy. Keep sending him stuff. I think he likes the more harsh reality type of poems, it is just a matter of matching them up. As far as literary mama, who knows? I have so many rejection letters I made them into a quilt.

You might try:

Clean Sheets for your hot stuff

The American Feed Magazine for your gen x sarcastic social commentary. (they took my bad naked lady commentary on barbie dolls)

Bread. hmm. maybe Stirrings? I don't know... I have not been able to crack them.

Zygote in my coffee is very accepting. I have never seen such a variation. They would be a good place for instant gratification :)

I have heard good things about Slow Train. Several people have suggested it to me, I have submitted once a while back, not accepted.

My range is limited. I tend to look at places people who have had their poetry accepted into the same place I have mine accepted, and have found some good matches.

You should be out there.

Better than much that I see. Most even.

annaswirls said:
Matt is a good guy. Keep sending him stuff. I think he likes the more harsh reality type of poems, it is just a matter of matching them up. As far as literary mama, who knows? I have so many rejection letters I made them into a quilt.

You might try:

Clean Sheets for your hot stuff

The American Feed Magazine for your gen x sarcastic social commentary. (they took my bad naked lady commentary on barbie dolls)

Bread. hmm. maybe Stirrings? I don't know... I have not been able to crack them.

Zygote in my coffee is very accepting. I have never seen such a variation. They would be a good place for instant gratification :)

I have heard good things about Slow Train. Several people have suggested it to me, I have submitted once a while back, not accepted.

My range is limited. I tend to look at places people who have had their poetry accepted into the same place I have mine accepted, and have found some good matches.

You should be out there.

Better than much that I see. Most even.
Before I read this I had just finished sending 5 to clean sheets. I have a better idea about t.j. now. I have one poem I think will work. I read denis hale I need to change the title and revise it a little.

WickedEve said:
I'll give it a try but I don't think I write exquisite corpse style poetry.
Eve, you would be a perfect match for Pedestal Magazine. Their website provides the rather elaborate schdule for readings, and they pay :) for submissions. I also think the turnaround is pretty quick, but I have no experience to rely upon.

flyguy69 said:
Eve, you would be a perfect match for Pedestal Magazine. Their website provides the rather elaborate schdule for readings, and they pay :) for submissions. I also think the turnaround is pretty quick, but I have no experience to rely upon.

i recently submitted there. it is a wonderful looking journal.

eve dear - your poetry would fit many places. it is difficult to know where the acceptances would come from, but they would come. submit your poetry all over the place.

WickedEve said:
I'll give it a try but I don't think I write exquisite corpse style poetry.

I dunno. They have a pretty eclectic mix if you look through the archives. Yes, give it a try--lord knows you have enough poems to spread them around. :D

flyguy69 said:
Thank you! I just opened the site and getting ready to check it out.
This morning I sent a submission to born magazine. I expect to be rejected but I went for it anyway!

PatCarrington said:
i recently submitted there. it is a wonderful looking journal.

eve dear - your poetry would fit many places. it is difficult to know where the acceptances would come from, but they would come. submit your poetry all over the place.

It's taken me awhile to submit my stuff, but I'm binging now. ;)

Angeline said:
I dunno. They have a pretty eclectic mix if you look through the archives. Yes, give it a try--lord knows you have enough poems to spread them around. :D
I'll give it try, but I'd hate to end up in the body bag, or is that considered an honor of sorts?

Well, I can now proudly add that I am published at Mannequin Envy, and Eve's Habit, and this week at Thieves Jargon! And some time this summer 2 entries, with foehn, and Belegon at admit2! And I've just begun... :)

Back