Dear Litster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Litsters,

I see paranoia still reigns supreme and the defenders of the righteous are coming out in force.

It would make more sense if I had actually been talking about the person who's honour is being defended so vigorously. But don't let facts get in the way of giving someone grief now, will you.
 
Dear Leaf Litster,

Rather extreme, don't you think?



Dear Litster threadmates,

Pardon me for having been part of the blow up, but isn't peace better than war? Wouldn't we all rather have a peaceful playground, even if it is divided in chunks, where we can enjoy ourselves?

Isn't it better to yield space to other people so we can enjoy the same space ourselves?

It's natural for people on each side to love their own, and circle the wagons. And, honestly, loving people who love us is good, and wanting to defend is noble.

Firing shots isn't particularly noble. And I am guilty of it myself (obviously).

However many sides there are in Lit right now, and I can't say I know how many there are ... I'm sure there are good people on all sides. I just hope we don't get so blind to think that one side, the side we are on, is good, and the other side "the evil empire"

Sincerely,

The peanut gallery
 
Dear Peace-Loving Litster,

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, I see no reason why I should 'yield' space to someone else just because they don't like what I have to say.

That would be their problem, not mine.

And defending people is noble. Just make sure that the person you're defending is worthy of your defence and is being attacked in the first place.

;)
 
Dear Litster:

There is nothing going to be solved here -- let's all go get a cup of coffee. Or six. :D
 
Dear Litster,

In the end, I think everyone has value, and is worth the effort to defend. Sometimes we don't see the worth, but I sincerely believe everyone should have defenders.

And above that, I think in what I perceive in the playground as it stands today, there are highly defendable people on both sides. I like people on all the sides that I can recognize quite a lot, actually. I think y'all are worth defending.

I may admit to be vigorous in defending some more than others. It doesn't reflect on whether I think there is more or less worth ... just more or less need for defense. And I suspect some of the biggest targets are people I admire most, so it's rather painful for me; however, what I want isn't a winner or a loser, because i don't honestly think there can be winners in war. People get shredded on both sides.

As far as yielding goes ... everyone should have a right to post throughout Lit. But we all know that we can say things in an explosive fashion that causes chaos, maybe more than we intended. Wars tend to do that. So, while I am not saying you have no right, I would hope anyone who comes to Lit to have fun would take a little time to think about the kind of place it could be.

Having said this, and acknowledging I thought kendra was a target, which I must admit I could have been wrong about, but the thought of which does bother me greatly because I think very highly of her and think she is a very good person ... and who is one of the people I think very much worth defending ... I would also say that all the things I am saying I don't want to happen, I have been guilty of causing myself. And I think highly of lovemonster as well, and think she's contributed a lot of good things in the playground, and spent time of her own doing things in threads for other people to have fun; I'm not trying to put her down as a person either, because I personally don't think she deserves that. For the blow-upingness of my behavior, I apologize. For caring about good people, I won't. For hoping for and wanting to promote behavior from people that tends to be positive rather than negative, that shows love to the people you love rather than invective to the people who you might feel have earned it ... well, that's who I am, and I would never change that about me.

I realize some of you are going to disagree with my perceptions of people, but I will stand by them. I hope my desire for peace is at least understood.

Sincerely,
A man who seems to have lost his two cents
 
Last edited:
Dear Litster:

There is nothing going to be solved here -- let's all go get a cup of coffee. Or six. :D

Dear Starbucks loving Litster,

Good advice.

But, dude, I don't know that Gracie peruses this thread. It may not be winning you any points.

Make sure you send her a link.

:D
 
Dear Litster,
..
..
..
I may admit to be vigorous in defending some more than others. It doesn't reflect on whether I think there is more or less worth ... just more or less need for defense. And I suspect some of the biggest targets are people I admire most, so it's rather painful for me; however, what I want isn't a winner or a loser, because i don't honestly think there can be winners in war. People get shredded on both sides.
..
..
..
Sincerely,
A man who seems to have lost his two cents

Dear Litster,

Whilst I commend your desire to defend people....please make sure there IS actually a need to defend someone before you jump in with both feet?

On this occasion, you got it very wrong - and you weren't the only one either - and that has caused dispute between us.

I have never had a problem with you before, we have always got on well. Perhaps if you had approached me directly and questioned candidly and openly - as you suggested in our discussion - then we might not have come to this.

Now let's have that coffee.

Sincerely,
Can-we-put-it-all-behind-us-now Litster.
 
Dear Litster,

Whilst I commend your desire to defend people....please make sure there IS actually a need to defend someone before you jump in with both feet?

On this occasion, you got it very wrong - and you weren't the only one either - and that has caused dispute between us.

I have never had a problem with you before, we have always got on well. Perhaps if you had approached me directly and questioned candidly and openly - as you suggested in our discussion - then we might not have come to this.

Now let's have that coffee.

Sincerely,
Can-we-put-it-all-behind-us-now Litster.

DEAR LITSTER:

Did someone say COFFEE?:D
 
Dear Litster,

Whilst I commend your desire to defend people....please make sure there IS actually a need to defend someone before you jump in with both feet?

On this occasion, you got it very wrong - and you weren't the only one either - and that has caused dispute between us.

I have never had a problem with you before, we have always got on well. Perhaps if you had approached me directly and questioned candidly and openly - as you suggested in our discussion - then we might not have come to this.

Now let's have that coffee.

Sincerely,
Can-we-put-it-all-behind-us-now Litster.


Very good suggestion noted, to be tucked away for future use. I certainly apologize for my approach and snideness ... though as I said, my desires I thought and still think were in the right.

I think I shall go for cocoa, though.

Do they serve cocoa at Starbucks? I've never actually bought anything there.
 
Dear Lister,


Ummm...I do hope you were not referring to my post. What makes you think I want to get on the middle of what is absolutley ridiculous.

I see adults behaving like they are in grade school. You may not like what someone posts but they still have the right. And unless it is a direct attack on your character I think inappropriate comments should not be made.

It is a shame.
 
Very good suggestion noted, to be tucked away for future use. I certainly apologize for my approach and snideness ... though as I said, my desires I thought and still think were in the right.

I think I shall go for cocoa, though.

Do they serve cocoa at Starbucks? I've never actually bought anything there.

They DO have cocoa...and if you're a cider fan...the caramel apple spice is addictive. If you try one...be sure to ask for extra caramel.

:kiss:
 
Dear Litster...

Who are you trying to kid?? You KNOW you was wantin some tongue and a few gropes! And....if creepy would make them both go....I'da pulled out those big creepy guns YEARS ago!

Who luvs ya, Baby?

:rose::kiss::heart:
 
Dear Super Supportive Litster,

You are welcome for the new nick name. Now you owe me a caramel apple spice from Starbucks.

:kiss:
 
Dear Litster,


Thank you.


You know who you are.
You know why.
You know what for.

Just thank you.

And yes, for the laughs, too.

:rose: :rose:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top