Long Distance Relationships

Re: Re: Re: Bandita

Bandit58 said:
Originally posted by RogRamJet
So you got out of one abusive relationship, applause applause, that must have sucked big time, but now you are in a relationship where you abuse yourself. What's up with that?
Crawler is right on the Money.
LadyHawke, sorry you sit by the phone waiting for him. I hope you recover soon and pledge to never get involved in another long distance relationship, especially one that starts on line, ever again.
Meeting someone over a computer is not Romantic you know!


I fail to see how I am abusing myself. I am happy, more confident and outgoing. I'm taking care of my needs first for a change. And as far as meeting someone over the net not being romantic, it's the most romantic thing I've found, because you get to see into the mind and emotions of the person you are talking to, you get to know them from the inside out. I agree with meop, in the beginning that's all there is, but I've met up with my man a few times now and he's got more romance in his little finger than my husband ever had in his whole damn body ;)



Ladyhawke :heart: :kiss:
Love and hugs to you......I'm so sorry. I hope he gets in touch with you and has a good explanation......good for you for not waiting around by the phone, I hope you went out and had a damn good time despite everything :rose:
_____________________

I most totally whole-heartedly agree with the above , meeting Dracoa online when I was at such a lowpoint in my life , made me feel so very close to him ... and then we came to see me face to face skin to skin in DEC the connection between us was MAGICAL indeed , each and every day we grow closer and I thank God for online as I am happier than I have been in a long long time, soon we will be together agin too!!:kiss: :rose: :kiss:
 
shameless BUMP!

I'm so happy not to be considered an LDR right now, but I'll never forget all the feelings I went through when Oman and I were hundreds of miles apart!

Thinking of all of you, and hoping that you will all get together in 2003.

:rose:
 
Re: shameless BUMP!

JennyOmanHill said:
I'm so happy not to be considered an LDR right now, but I'll never forget all the feelings I went through when Oman and I were hundreds of miles apart!

Thinking of all of you, and hoping that you will all get together in 2003.

:rose:

Hiya Jenny (and Oman) Happy New year! Hmm, you have made that 90 day trial period, that means you are old hands now!!!

Eb
 
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze

Love is a choice, a decision, not something that HAPPENS to people!!!!!
 
Re: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze

RogRamJet said:
Love is a choice, a decision, not something that HAPPENS to people!!!!!

I do not understand what you are getting at. Care to elaborate?

Eb
 
Jenny and Oman I'm so glad things are working out for you. Ebony nice to see you too. Me? I'm single again. No wedding in my near future. No men for that matter either.

He ended up being a loser. Wouldn't work nothing. I don't need that. Daeth simply disappeared from my life. No notice nothing. I miss him, he was my best friend before we fell for each other.

Ah well, move on I always say. Maybe 2003 will be good for me.
 
Lady_Sam said:
Jenny and Oman I'm so glad things are working out for you. Ebony nice to see you too. Me? I'm single again. No wedding in my near future. No men for that matter either.

He ended up being a loser. Wouldn't work nothing. I don't need that. Daeth simply disappeared from my life. No notice nothing. I miss him, he was my best friend before we fell for each other.

Ah well, move on I always say. Maybe 2003 will be good for me.


***Hugs and kisses***

I am sure this year will be good for you. You deserve the best Lady_Sam. You will get it.

Eb
 
My son just got an email from his girlfriend in Canada breaking off their relationship.......I don't know all the details but it seems she didn't feel as strongly about him as he did about her, plus there's a 9 year age difference (she is older). He's devastated but he hides it well......I guess he has to get through this himself but it hurts me that he's hurting :( She was his first love and he hopes they'll be able to remain friends........
 
Friendly Bump

Interesting thread. Will come back to read as many of the posts as I can and then write my own.

:rose:
 
Re: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze

RogRamJet said:
Love is a choice, a decision, not something that HAPPENS to people!!!!!
If that were true than I would have been celebrating a new relationship with any one of the men I've met for coffee since I joined an internet dating site. Since I still believe in the OMG factor, I'm still hanging tough and trying to meet someone who makes me stop dead in my tracks. And, no, it isn't about meeting a calendar pinup, it's about meeting someone who looks good in my eyes, the rest of the world be damned.
 
Re: shameless BUMP!

JennyOmanHill said:
I'm so happy not to be considered an LDR right now, but I'll never forget all the feelings I went through when Oman and I were hundreds of miles apart!

Thinking of all of you, and hoping that you will all get together in 2003.

:rose:
Hi Jenny...

My friend and I spent 8 wonderful days together in January. I was on an emotional high for a week or so after he returned home.... then CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!... the reality of being alone once again hits and an almost depressive state set in. Dealing with that aspect of LDR's is a bitch. ~sigh~
 
Re: Re: shameless BUMP!

Arden said:
Hi Jenny...

My friend and I spent 8 wonderful days together in January. I was on an emotional high for a week or so after he returned home.... then CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!... the reality of being alone once again hits and an almost depressive state set in. Dealing with that aspect of LDR's is a bitch. ~sigh~

I know that feeling :( except it's me who has to return home......even though we have ICQ and the phone it does get so lonely sometimes. There are times when we can't talk (he is married) but I know he thinks of me all the time. We will have to be apart for at least another year while he finishes his studies and gets his life on track, but it's not a question of IF for us but WHEN :heart:
 
Re: Re: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze

Flowerz said:
<snip> it's about meeting someone who looks good in my eyes, the rest of the world be damned.

Now you are talking! I wish more folks would "get it"!

Good luck on your search!
 
One *good* thing about LDR

When your distant SO annoys you, you can avoid him. Take the phone off the hook, don't read your email, don't logon to chat. Easier to cool off the hot head and get perspective.

I think those moments of disagreement and confrontation are easier to handle...
 
me and my boyfriend are 6 hours away from eachother with no car... i see him about once every 3 or 4 weeks...
it's hard.
make sure you have time to talk.
i find making it an open relationship leads to trust issues and insecurities...
webcams and phones help a lot.
 
Re: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze

RogRamJet said:
Love is a choice, a decision, not something that HAPPENS to people!!!!!

Haven't been on LIT in quite a while, but pleased to see people still sharing their thoughts on this thread.

I don't agree that ALL aspects of LOVE is a choice.

I never expected or wanted to feel ANY strong feelings for someone so far away from my daily life, but then Oman and I connected online.

I fought against the growing feelings of love and affection I was feeling for this 'Man that began before I actually met him. My choice was deciding that I wasn't going to continue living apart from him, so I DID choose to leave my NYC life, and settle into the midwest to be with him. Not the easiest way to go, but it's the best move I've ever made.

I don't believe anyone would actually choose to be in a long distance relationship rather than a "hands-on" one, but love is a strong feeling to just ignore!

Wishing all the current LDRs the best in their relationships and the strength to go for what your heart desires.:rose:
 
Last edited:
Re: Re: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze

JennyOmanHill said:
Haven't been on LIT in quite a while, but pleased to see people still sharing their thoughts on this thread.

I don't agree that ALL aspects of LOVE is a choice.

I never expected or wanted to feel ANY strong feelings for someone so far away from my daily life, but then Oman and I connected online.

I fought against the growing feelings of love and affection I was feeling for this 'Man that began before I actually met him. My choice was deciding that I wasn't going to continue living apart from him, so I DID choose to leave my NYC life, and settle into the midwest to be with him. Not the easiest way to go, but it's the best move I've ever made.

I don't believe anyone would actually choose to be in a long distance relationship rather than a "hands-on" one, but love is a strong feeling to just ignore!

Wishing all the current LDRs the best in their relationships and the strength to go for what your heart desires.:rose:


I love you,darling
so glad we went from a ldr to a cdr
 
Went searching on Lit and found this thread, and am glad I did. It's refreshing to see others involved in a situation such as mine. The one who holds my heart lives up in southern Canada, while I live in the southeastern US. We've chatted together for more than 2 years now. What suprised me tho were the feelings I began to develop for her ( and latter finding the same on her end ). It was somewhat frightening at first to think you could have these emotions for someone you'd never met. But when I look back on it, it was like you were getting to know the true person from the inside first. Little over a year ago, we openly confessed our feeling for each other, and now there are plans to finally meet face to face this coming May. It's been a tough road to travel, but one I think was worth every moment.
 
I just want to say, cause I'm not sure I ever did, how much it meant to me to have you guys around when I needed you! I've pretty much recovered from what he put me through and am moving on. Met a couple of nice guys and while I'm not looking to get serious yet, at least I've got someone to go out and have fun with. One of them is long distance and one is local so I've got the best of both world I guess. I just wanted to say thank you, you guys are the best :rose:
 
Happy, happy, joy, joy

Ladyhawke said:
I just want to say, cause I'm not sure I ever did, how much it meant to me to have you guys around when I needed you! I've pretty much recovered from what he put me through and am moving on. Met a couple of nice guys and while I'm not looking to get serious yet, at least I've got someone to go out and have fun with. One of them is long distance and one is local so I've got the best of both world I guess. I just wanted to say thank you, you guys are the best :rose:

I am pleased that things are going well for you. It is easy to be nice to such a great lady like you.

Eb <keep smilin'>
 
Darq.Desirez said:
Went searching on Lit and found this thread, and am glad I did. It's refreshing to see others involved in a situation such as mine. The one who holds my heart lives up in southern Canada, while I live in the southeastern US. We've chatted together for more than 2 years now. What suprised me tho were the feelings I began to develop for her ( and latter finding the same on her end ). It was somewhat frightening at first to think you could have these emotions for someone you'd never met. But when I look back on it, it was like you were getting to know the true person from the inside first. Little over a year ago, we openly confessed our feeling for each other, and now there are plans to finally meet face to face this coming May. It's been a tough road to travel, but one I think was worth every moment.

Two years, wow! That takes a lot of work, congrats on you two taking it to the next level.
 
Back
Top