Long Distance Relationships

Countdown!!

Ladyhawke said:
Oh boy I've got good news! I get to start a countdown...and a short one...6 or 7 days (depending on when he can get here). We get to spend New Year's Eve together...I'm just so thrilled right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to you all and Happy Holidays!!

That's great news, Ladyhawke! What a way to ring in the new year! I'm so happy for you!:rose:

After a week of being with me day and night, Oman headed back to work again, and he'll be working the holidays! At least I'll get to kiss him at midnight on January 1st before he heads off to start the new year by working a 1am-9am shift!:(

Hugs Meop:rose:

and Hugs to Bandit:rose: It's so tough being lonely, especially during the holidays. Hang in there.
 
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Merry Christmas to all on the LDR thread, past and present.

Hugs to you all!

I am very fine indeed. Santa is bery, bery good to me! I hope he is good to everyone else.

Eb
 
Re: Countdown!!

JennyOmanHill said:
That's great news, Ladyhawke! What a way to ring in the new year! I'm so happy for you!:rose:

After a week of being with me day and night, Oman headed back to work again, and he'll be working the holidays! At least I'll get to kiss him at midnight on January 1st before he heads off to start the new year by working a 1am-9am shift!:(

Hugs Meop:rose:

and Hugs to Bandit:rose: It's so tough being lonely, especially during the holidays. Hang in there.

*HUGS* To you too! :) :rose: :kiss:

:)

Meop79@yahoo.com
 
Merry Christmas everyone :kiss:

I'm feeling better than I was the other day :) I know he loves me utterly and completely as I do him, he sends me messages on ICQ when he can and if I'm online we get a few minutes together. He will text my mobile when it's safe to give him a call and we will be in contact that way too. I couldn't stand being completely out of touch and I know he couldn't either.......in a way it sucks being in love with a married man but I wouldn't change my feelings for him at all :)

We don't want to rush things.....I have elderly parents not in the best of health and teenage kids to think about, my 19 yr old son is having surgery in less than three weeks so his health has been a worry for me too. My parents will be moving in the next few months to be next door to my brother so that will be one hurdle out of the way, I didn't want to move away and leave them without any family close by. The hardest thing will be to leave my daughter.....she will be 15 by then and lives with her father, I have no worries about that he is a good dad to her, but I will miss seeing her as often as I do now........

Moving to a new city when I have lived in this general area all my life......finding a new job.......new place to live......sorting out and shifting stuff........it all seems such a huge step, but I have his support and love and that's all that matters. The next 6 months will be a turning point in both our lives, he has to find a job and a place to live too before we can do anything. I've told him he needs time on his own before I get there, to find himself just like I have. In a way it's been a good thing that we can't be together yet, it's given us time to be absolutely sure that this is right for us.........:rose:
 
Bandit58 said:
Merry Christmas everyone :kiss:
...
Moving to a new city when I have lived in this general area all my life......finding a new job.......new place to live......sorting out and shifting stuff........it all seems such a huge step, but I have his support and love and that's all that matters. The next 6 months will be a turning point in both our lives, he has to find a job and a place to live too before we can do anything. I've told him he needs time on his own before I get there, to find himself just like I have. In a way it's been a good thing that we can't be together yet, it's given us time to be absolutely sure that this is right for us.........:rose:

Hugs Bandit:rose:

Except for having children, I can absolutely relate to what you're going through!

As scary as my move was, I can't image NOT being with Oman right now! I had never lived outside of the NYC area until October, and although I've just turned 50, and was just hired to a new job (only the 2nd one in my lifetime!), I face the new year with a fresh outlook, and have never felt better! Troubles will still appear, and missing friends and loved ones will cause a tear or two, but sharing them all with the man you love is a priceless gift!

May you find the love, comfort and appreciation you deserve, and may your New Year be filled with love and hope!:rose:
 
omahaman2 said:
http://www.ze-card.com/images/animated/hi.gif

EBONY AND MEOP

OH and whats her name too

LOL sorry dear
you know me
if i was reincarnated
id come back as a

http://www.acupofideas.com/images/page17h.gif

Oman, thanks for that card, it made my day! I was asking Jenny how were things at the love nest. I hear you are working nights is that right? My sweety works nights also. He had to work the Christmas, and will have to work New Year's too (darn it!)

I hope you and Jenny's first Christmas together was outstanding!!

Eb
 
Ebonyfire said:
Oman, thanks for that card, it made my day! I was asking Jenny how were things at the love nest. I hear you are working nights is that right? My sweety works nights also. He had to work the Christmas, and will have to work New Year's too (darn it!)

I hope you and Jenny's first Christmas together was outstanding!!

Eb

glad it made your day
thats what makes me happy
people smiling

LOL maybe I work with your sweety
IM working those days too
I get to see in the new year with jenny
then leave half hour later

Christmas was great for me
but ask jenny too
LOL she met all my relatives
She answered your qu estion above
but messy is putting it lightly
We just have a hard time
keepimg organized
when all we want to do
when together
is be together.
 
omahaman2 said:
glad it made your day
thats what makes me happy
people smiling

LOL maybe I work with your sweety
IM working those days too
I get to see in the new year with jenny
then leave half hour later

Christmas was great for me
but ask jenny too
LOL she met all my relatives
She answered your qu estion above
but messy is putting it lightly
We just have a hard time
keepimg organized
when all we want to do
when together
is be together.

I do not blame you one bit. Whether I am at my house or my Sweety's, I never see the surroundings when I can look him in the eyes. Being together is the best. I am blessed now that I have a sweety who only lives 20 minutes away. It is wonderful!

I am a disaster at organization, but sweety is not. Maybe his skills will rub off on me.

Eb
 
Bandita

Originally posted by Bandit58
Merry Christmas everyone
...
Moving to a new city when I have lived in this general area all my life......finding a new job.......new place to live......sorting out and shifting stuff........it all seems such a huge step, but I have his support and love and that's all that matters.

**********
Brew a big pot of coffee for it is sure time that you smell it.
Imagine a daughter saying to you: "I am moving to be near a married man to someplace I have never lived, without a job, where I have no friends, and I have kids, and I don't know where I will live etc. etc., but that taking care of myself and my kids is not as important as long as I have the love and support of this other woman's husband."

Two things I recommend you think and feel about before taking this Rambo approach to love: When else have you felt this way, this strong desire for love and attention that was not easily accessible in your life? and once you find that time, think about those circumstances what was going on, how you felt etc. and compare that to now.

Moving from the personal to the theological, your search for the perfect love that makes you whole, and makes everything alright no matter what, is a symbolic acting out of our search for God.

"Our souls are restless until they rest in Thee, Oh Lord."
Hope you find what you are looking for, and I hope that you don't confuse this "relationship" as the source to satisfy what it is your soul really hungers for.

Don't worry. I wish this for myself also, so we are all alike in this regard and are not alone, as I, in the past, have chosen substitutes instead of the real thing and continue to struggle with such things daily. It is so easy to get distracted from the truth............

Peace
 
RogRamJet :)
As far as I can see I am taking care of myself first. I got out of a marriage to someone who emotionally abused me. I have lived alone for the last 9 months and have gotten a lot stronger for it. The fact that the man I love happens to be married - so what. He won't be when we get together. I have no intention of moving until he's got his shit sorted out. We've spent hours online and the phone, and I've met him and been with him and I know how we feel about each other.

I do have a daughter and if she finds someone to love her as much as I am loved then I will tell her to go for it. I've lived my whole life trying to please other people and now it's my time to do what I want. I used to be afraid to take chances, but if you don't take chances you are just existing not living. And if I wanted to find God there is a church just across the road :rolleyes:
 
sigh

My 19 yr old son just got an email from his 28 yr old girlfriend in Canada. It seems she won't be returning to New Zealand after all, she was going to try and get a teaching job here but she's been turned down. He's devastated......apparently she has told him that she doesn't want to tie him to her, that they should both be free to date other people, and that when he's finished his degree (in 2 years) see where they both are at. I know he's young and she is his first love.......I know what it's like to be apart from the person you love, but how do I help him come to terms with this?

He's a very sensible guy but everything's just so raw for him at the moment. He doesn't live with me either which doesn't help. I know I have to let him work this out himself but I know he's hurting and so I hurt too :(
 
Re: sigh

Bandit58 said:
snip.......I know what it's like to be apart from the person you love, but how do I help him come to terms with this?

He's a very sensible guy but everything's just so raw for him at the moment. He doesn't live with me either which doesn't help. I know I have to let him work this out himself but I know he's hurting and so I hurt too :(

I think that if you are there for him to talk to, as a sounding board, and not try to give him advice, he will appreciate it.

If he feels he can communicate with her over time, and visit to keep the connection, it would not be a bad thing for him to explore relationships (even if it is just buddy buddy) with others.

But, all in all, it seems when our children's hearts are broken, ours does too.

My daughter had a heartbreak when she was your son's age, and she though her world was shaken. She met her future husband while just hanging out with friends and she married him over 2 years ago. They have gifted me with a handsome grandson, and she has never been happier.

All I did was support her through her pain, and lo and behold, her pain turned to joy.

I wish you and your son happiness in the future.

Eb
 
Back
Top