The Bears Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missingmeds said:
Quotes from the 1950's:

"I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's
going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20."

"Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't
be long when $5000 will only buy a used one."

"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit.
A quarter a pack is ridiculous."

"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a
dime just to mail a letter?"

"The Government is wanting to get its hands on everything.
Pretty soon it's going to be impossible to run a family business or farm."

"If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will be able
to hire outside help at the store."

"When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would
someday cost 50 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving
the car in the garage."

"Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it
impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be
wearing their hair as long as the girls."

"Also, their music drives me wild. This 'Rock Around The
Clock' thing is nothing but racket."

"I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever
since they let Clark Gable get by with saying 'damn' in 'Gone With
The Wind,' it seems every movie has a 'hell' or 'damn' in it."

"Also, it won't be long until couples are sleeping in the same
bed in the movies. What is this world coming to?"

"Pretty soon you won't be able to buy a good 10 cent cigar."

"I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible
to put a man on the moon by the end of the of the century. They even
have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas."

"Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for
$75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday
they'll be making more than the president."

"Do you suppose television will ever reach our part of the country?"

"I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would
be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now."

"It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few
married women are having to work to make ends meet."

"It won't be long before young couples are going to have
to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work

"I'll tell you one thing. If my kid ever talks back to me, they
won't be able to sit down for a week."

"Did you know the new church in town is allowing women
to wear pants to their service?"

"Next thing you know is, the government will start paying
us not to grow crops."

"I'm just afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open
the door to a whole lot of foreign business."

"Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the
Government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder
if we are electing the best people to congress."

"Why in the world would you want to send your daughter
to college. Isn't she going to get married? It would be different
if she could be a doctor or a lawyer."

"I just hate to see the young people smoking. As I tell my kids,
"Don't take a cigarette from ANYONE. You never know what
might be in it."

The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I
seriously doubt they will ever catch on."

"There is no sense going to St. Louis or Omaha anymore
for a weekend. It costs nearly $15 a night to stay in a hotel."

"Anymore no one can afford to be sick, $35 a day in the
hospital is too rich for my blood."

"If a few idiots want to risk their necks flying across the
country that's fine, but nothing will ever replace trains."

"I don't know about you but if they raise the price of
coffee to 15 cents, I'll just have to drink mine at home."

"If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it. I'll
have my wife learn to cut hair."

. "We won't be going out much anymore. Our baby sitter
informed us she now wants 50 cents an hour. Kids think
money grows on trees."

"Cars which dim their lights by sensors, automatic transmissions,
and who knows what else? Pretty soon they will have electric windows.

{{{{Missi}}}}} So nice to see you!!! Those are great!!! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Hope your day was a splendid one. :D
 
This one has been around awhile.....

A 6-year-old and a 4-year-old are upstairs in their bedroom.
"You know what?" says the 6-year-old. "I think it's about time
we start cussing."
The 4-year-old nods his head in approval.
The 6-year-old continues. "When we go downstairs for breakfast
I'm gonna say "hell" and you say "ass."
"OK!" The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm.
Their mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6-year-old what
he wants for breakfast.
"Aw hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios."
WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen
floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother
in hot pursuit, slapping his rear every step. The mom locks him in his
room and shouts, "You can just stay there till I let you out!"
She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4-year-old, and
asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast young man?"
"I don't know," he blubbers, "but you can bet your ass it won't be Cheerios".
 
{{{{{{{{{{{Kayte}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} :kiss: glad to see you stopping by....hope you have a wonderful night


{{{{{{{{{{cats}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}thanks for the funny....it is a good one but an oldie;)
 
Good Morning my Den friends.....:)


Got a busy day ahead of me.....So I wanted to say hello....hope you all have fun....and take care.


(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))to each and everyone :kiss:
 
MaryBears said:
Good Morning my Den friends.....:)


Got a busy day ahead of me.....So I wanted to say hello....hope you all have fun....and take care.


(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))to each and everyone :kiss:

Mary have a good Sunday visit and a very sunshiney day....
 
MaryBears said:
Good Morning my Den friends.....:)


Got a busy day ahead of me.....So I wanted to say hello....hope you all have fun....and take care.


(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))to each and everyone :kiss:

(((((((((((MaryBears and cats)))))))))))))))))

Hope u both have a great day. I'm headin out soon to enjoy this beautiful weather we are having. See you all tonight.


Hugs to all............Puddin
 
Puddin36 said:
(((((((((((MaryBears and cats)))))))))))))))))

Hope u both have a great day. I'm headin out soon to enjoy this beautiful weather we are having. See you all tonight.


Hugs to all............Puddin


((((((( MARY }}}}}}} :kiss:


((((((( CATS ))))))) :kiss:


((((((( PUDDIN ))))))) :kiss:


WOW, Three at once, any mans dream :p :p :p
 
POTATO PROSTITUTES

Two little potatoes are standing on the street corner.
One is a prostitute.
How can you tell which one is the prostitute?


Hold on.....



You're gonna love it...


It's the one with the little sticker that says ............












I - DA - HO
 
catsr2wild said:
Mary have a good Sunday visit and a very sunshiney day....
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cats}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Thanks....I had a good day....but, i am hurting all over....my right leg is swollen from the knee down....It feels like it weighs a freaking ton.....:(
 
Puddin36 said:
(((((((((((MaryBears and cats)))))))))))))))))

Hope u both have a great day. I'm headin out soon to enjoy this beautiful weather we are having. See you all tonight.


Hugs to all............Puddin



{{{{{{{{{{{{Puddin}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} thanks hun......I do hope you had a grand day......It was a beautiful day weatherwise....;)
 
FRENCHIE44T said:
((((((( MARY }}}}}}} :kiss:


((((((( CATS ))))))) :kiss:


((((((( PUDDIN ))))))) :kiss:


WOW, Three at once, any mans dream :p :p :p


{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Frenchie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} :kiss: :kiss:
 
MaryBears said:
{{{{{{{{{{{{Puddin}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} thanks hun......I do hope you had a grand day......It was a beautiful day weatherwise....;)
{{{{{{{{{{MaryBears}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sorry to hear that your leg is giving you problems again. Remember to elevate, and if not better tomorrow, call the doc. Hopefully the staff will cooperate better this time.


Hugs............Puddin
 
Puddin36 said:
{{{{{{{{{{MaryBears}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sorry to hear that your leg is giving you problems again. Remember to elevate, and if not better tomorrow, call the doc. Hopefully the staff will cooperate better this time.


Hugs............Puddin


i am trying to elevate....but it hurts to elevate....it hurts anything I do with it.....:(
 
MaryBears said:
i am trying to elevate....but it hurts to elevate....it hurts anything I do with it.....:(

Have you tried moist heat.........or ice?? You can alternate them as well and might get some relief Mary. And if u can take Ibuprofen, take some for the inflammation.


Hugs, Puddin
 
Mary dear want you to know love care and worry about you will be saying extra prayers for you tonight hon
 
Puddin36 said:
Have you tried moist heat.........or ice?? You can alternate them as well and might get some relief Mary. And if u can take Ibuprofen, take some for the inflammation.


Hugs, Puddin


I can't take Ibuprofen or any pain meds like that....I am allergic to them......and I am going to try the heating pad when i go to bed.....:( I am suppose to go back to the pool tomorrow....hopefully that will help.
 
Shreik said:
Mary dear want you to know love care and worry about you will be saying extra prayers for you tonight hon


Thanks Shreik your a sweetheart.....:kiss:
 
MaryBears said:
I can't take Ibuprofen or any pain meds like that....I am allergic to them......and I am going to try the heating pad when i go to bed.....:( I am suppose to go back to the pool tomorrow....hopefully that will help.

Best of luck Mary. Hope the heating pad helps. The pool will probably give u some relief. Sending hugs and prayers your way.


Hugs..........Puddin
 
Puddin36 said:
Best of luck Mary. Hope the heating pad helps. The pool will probably give u some relief. Sending hugs and prayers your way.


Hugs..........Puddin
Thanks and I hope so.....if not I will call my doctor.....but I do hope it helps.....{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}


Hope you have a wondering day tomorrow :D
 
Goodnight.......I am going to get some rest....Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow....here is one to think about




Five (5) lessons to make you think about the way we treat people.


1 - First Important Lesson - Cleaning Lady.




During my second month of college, our professor gave us a pop quiz. I was a
conscientious student and breezed through the questions until I read the
last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"
Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several
times. She was tall, dark-haired and in her 50s, but how would I know her
name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Just before
class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our
quiz grade. "Absolutely," said the professor. "In your careers, you will
meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and
care, even if all you do is smile and say "hello".




I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy.






2. - Second Important Lesson - Pickup in the Rain




One night, at 11:30 p.m., an older African American woman was standing on
the side of an Alabama highway trying to endure a lashing rainstorm. Her
car had broken down and she desperately needed a ride. Soaking wet, she
decided to flag down the next car. A young white man stopped to help her,
generally unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960s. The man took her to
safety, helped her get assistance and put her into a taxicab. She seemed to
be in a big hurry, but wrote down his address and thanked him. Seven days
went by and a knock came on the man's door. To his surprise, a giant
console color TV was delivered to his home. A special note was attached.
It read: "Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway the other night.
The rain drenched not only my clothes, but also my spirits. Then you came
along. Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying husband's bedside
just before he passed away. God bless you for helping me and unselfishly
serving others."




Sincerely,


Mrs. Nat King Cole.




3 - Third Important Lesson - Always remember those who serve.




In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, a 10-year-old boy
entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of
water in front of him. "How much is an ice cream sundae?" he asked. "Fifty
cents," replied the waitress. The little boy pulled his hand out of his
pocket and studied the coins in it. "Well, how much is a plain dish of ice
cream?" he inquired. By now more people were waiting for a table and the
waitress was growing impatient. "Thirty-five cents," she brusquely replied.
The little boy again counted his coins. "I'll have the plain ice cream," he
said. The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table and
walked away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier and left.
When the waitress came back, she began to cry as she wiped down the table.
There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were two nickels and five
pennies. He couldn't have the sundae, because he had to have enough left to
leave her a tip.






4 - Fourth Important Lesson. - The obstacle in Our Path.




In ancient times, a King had a boulder placed on a roadway. Then he hid
himself and watched to see if anyone would remove the huge rock. Some of the
king's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by and simply walked around
it. Many loudly blamed the King for not keeping the roads clear, but none
did anything about getting the stone out of the way. Then a peasant came
along carrying a load of vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the
peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the stone to the side of the
road. After much pushing and straining, he finally succeeded. After the
peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the
road where the boulder had been. The purse contained many gold coins and a
note from the King indicating that the gold was for the person who removed
the boulder from the roadway. The peasant learned what many of us never
understand!




Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.






5 - Fifth Important Lesson - Giving When it Counts.


Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at a hospital, I got to know a
little girl named Liz who was suffering from a rare & serious disease. Her
only chance of recovery appeared to be a blood transfusion from her 5-year
old brother, who had miraculously survived the same disease and had
developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness. The doctor explained
the situation to her little brother and asked the little boy if he would be
willing to give his blood to his sister. I saw him hesitate for only a
moment before taking a deep breath and saying, "Yes, I'll do it if it will
save her." As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed next to his sister
and smiled, as we all did, seeing the color returning to her cheek. Then his
face grew pale and his smile faded. He looked up at the doctor and asked
with a trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away". Being young, the
little boy had misunderstood the doctor; he thought he was going to have to
give his sister all of his blood in order to save her.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top