Chain Story Sign Up!

JUDO said:
Is this the way the rest are going to go? Re-writing the opening, then skipping to the new stuff? I thought everyone would just come in where ever there story needed to begin and start from that. No?

Well I felt like I needed to change a few things in the beginning to make it more 'believable' that he would go on to do those things to that lady...I wanted to add things about him having his other job offer, about him not having any nicotine (which I asked around and was told would make anyone a little edgy) etc etc etc...personally JUDO your idea was what I had in my head too, but I just couldn't do it that way.

Chicklet

Chicklet said:
Well I felt like I needed to change a few things in the beginning to make it more 'believable' that he would go on to do those things to that lady...I wanted to add things about him having his other job offer, about him not having any nicotine (which I asked around and was told would make anyone a little edgy) etc etc etc...personally JUDO your idea was what I had in my head too, but I just couldn't do it that way.

Chicklet

Right, that makes sense. I guess everyone has laissez faire for doing what they want. And, in a strange way, that's a nice thing in a chain story.

;)
- Judo

Chicklet, did you know that you're mentioned on the Lit front page? Next to the b/w naked woman, there's a line encouraging people to read the second chapter of It happened one night, written by Chicklet!!!

Congrats, sweety!:rose:

:rolleyes: They mentioned JUDO's there too and I imagine that they'll put Willowpuss on there, etc etc :D

Can't wait to read the next chapter = )

Chicklet

Next Chapter

Hey Willow,

How's your chapter coming? If yours is done sooner to the deadline than mine was, can I read it?

Chicklet

I know I am not that sought after, but if anyone wants to get hold of me my PM Box has a fault.

- I have emptied it but it appears to be rejecting messages. So if you need to contact me e-mail me jon.hayworth@lineone.net

Willow Puss I know you tried to PM me and the message got rejected so have to e-mail.

Got my story 75% through 1st draft - still holes in the link-up and getting a good ending.

jon:devil:

Question of Continuity ...

Just wondering if there have been questions raised about continuity. Each story that gets posted solidifies Adam's world in various ways. His boss calls him by hsi last name. He wants her, but is a little afraid of her. He smokes, and exhibits DT s when he is out of butts. His boss lives in a condo and is well-to-do. Each story adds more details that get filed in the readers mind as "Facts about this world." These facts can be twisted, but can they be broken?

For example: Chick's Adam was a smoker going through withdrawl. Judo's Adam didn't actively smoke (to my recollection) but that doesn't mean he was a non-smoker, just that he didn't choose to light up. Chick may have bent/highlighted a fact to make her story work.

Cool.

But could someone change the setting to a mansion? Change her red sportscar to a black sedan if a stately, refined vehicle fit his particular story better? Change a name? (Chandler reminds me of that clown from Friends, no matter how many times I hear it.) How bound are we by what has gone before?

-T

Tatewaki said:
Each story adds more details that get filed in the readers mind as "Facts about this world." These facts can be twisted, but can they be broken?
But could someone change the setting to a mansion? Change her red sportscar to a black sedan if a stately, refined vehicle fit his particular story better? Change a name? (Chandler reminds me of that clown from Friends, no matter how many times I hear it.) How bound are we by what has gone before?

-T

I'm not a participant in this chain, but I did join inthe discussions that led up to it.

I'm not sure how (or whether) it was eventually pinned down as an "alternate realities" or a "time loop" story. From the stories so far, it's leaning to an "alternate realities" format.

Given that premise, I'd say you can change settings or change people, but NOT both.

Your story should be recognisable as an alternate version of the first episode if you change both the setting and the people, it becomes a story that isn't related to the original or the premise of the chain story.

For example:
The car made a hard left up a well-lighted street and trolled to a stop, looking for curb numbers. A lively Stop-N-Go rolled into view.

"Naw, it ain't West Tenth. Not unless Chandler's partyin' in the walk-in cooler or somethin'."

"Hey, pull in here for a sec, anyway." Adam felt in his pockets.

You could change the Stop-N-Go to a Seven-11, Change the Convenience Store to a Sleezy Bar, or the address to North Elm, as long as the people remain the same.

Or you could change the people met at the Stop-N-Go.

However, if you change BOTH, it isn't the "same scene" and it's unrelated to the other stories in the chain.

I don't know, tate, I sorta think that the setting should be similar...the same facts are happening, just, different things are effec...affect...effecting them.

imho

chicklet

Chicklet,

Hate to ask the question but have you or anyone else heard from WillowPuss?

I thought her chapter was due up and if I don't get to see it soon I am going to be in the DOO DOO for making a link.

Next question do I need to start with him arriving at the party or do I just pick-up where the last chapter left off?

jon:devil: :devil: :devil:

Jon....just a thought, but did you remember to empty your track messages and sent messages boxes as well? That could be the root of your pm problem.

I *have* head from willowpuss...unfortunatly it was a couple of days before the 31st and she wanted to know what was up, were we still doing the chain story, and where were the other chapters?

Jon, go ahead and take it off from where Judo left off if that's what you'd like = )

Chicklet

Sorry all
3D life getting in the way

Mine is now finished and submitted.
Jon, I have mailed it to you.

Sorry if I have put a spanner in the owrks :(

<gasp!>

you have a real life?!

I had one, but I think it may have died... :eek:

Chicklet said:
<gasp!>

you have a real life?!

I had one, but I think it may have died... :eek:

want some of mine?
Pleeeeease somebody take some of mine

<scooting over to make room for willowpuss's life>

btw willow can you email me the story?

Chicklet

Svenskaflika (have I got that right),

Do you want me to email you my chapter Mind Control when I have finished it - by the way I have returned Adam to Chandlers Party.

I have a feeling I have to some small degree trampled around on bits of your story subjects - but without making much of the offending details.

Judo - I will email you the ms for editing within next 2 days I hope.

jon:devil: :devil: :devil:

Thanks, Jon, that would be great. I plan to start my chapter with him leaving Chandler's party, so it will fit perfectly if you drop himn off there! :)

Svenskaflika

Tried to PM story to you - your box is blocked and I reckon the story will fill it again (double entendres are unintentional). Alternatively email me and I'll send it as a word doc.

Chicklet have pm'd you a copy of story, comments will be welcome, except I insist on leaving Svenskaflika to sort out Adam's problem. :devil: Have to have some fun.

jon

Sort out Adam's problem..? I'm getting an eery feeling here. And Halloween has already past.

My pm box is always messing with me - OK, send it to my special e-mail address that I have for Literotica mail only: goddessofvice@spray.se

svenskaflicka,

you should try cleaning out your 'sent messages' folder - that's what always kicks me in the butt.

Chicklet

Weird Harold said:
I'm not a participant in this chain, but I did join inthe discussions that led up to it.

I'm not sure how (or whether) it was eventually pinned down as an "alternate realities" or a "time loop" story. From the stories so far, it's leaning to an "alternate realities" format.

Given that premise, I'd say you can change settings or change people, but NOT both.

Your story should be recognisable as an alternate version of the first episode if you change both the setting and the people, it becomes a story that isn't related to the original or the premise of the chain story.

For example:

You could change the Stop-N-Go to a Seven-11, Change the Convenience Store to a Sleezy Bar, or the address to North Elm, as long as the people remain the same.

Or you could change the people met at the Stop-N-Go.

However, if you change BOTH, it isn't the "same scene" and it's unrelated to the other stories in the chain.

Thanks. That jibes with my own thinking.

-T

Back