Describing your character physically when they are based off yourself...

If you look at my stuff on Literotica (the WG stuff signed by Annie), a lot of it is designed to help me learn to write multiple viewpoints. I don't think I have it down yet, but I sure hope I've gotten better. "Coffee With Blushes" was not that successful. "Pranked" was better, but still not as good as I want to be.

-Annie
I snagged a follow and will check it out later. I just left the gym and I'm snagging food, but when I need a break from editing later and want to relax, I'll open yours up!

It will be fun to read and teach me something I'm sure

I don't describe what my MCs look like; I describe what they say and do. If it's necessary on a particular occasion for them to be dressed in a particular way, I'll describe their dress.

If two people are attracted, or otherwise, to one another, that'll be obvious from what they say and do. If you describe someone physically, no matter how attractive you find them, there will be millions who think they're rather unattractive.

If I'm writing in the first person, I offer minimal description if the MC is male, knowing my readership is mostly men. I think readers want to put themselves into the role as they read so aside from being in good shape, description is minimal. If the MC is female, I describe her with much more detail.

In third person, I describe everyone fully. I've put the younger, fitter me in several stories but avoid making the character seem vain.

Back