Gather, a spring challenge

p.s i thought tepals to be a typo till i went looking; it (as illustrated by your consequent link) was the perfect choice of word to create that image! :cool:

I didn't stop to look it up for verification; I simply thought it was one of those typos that come from fingers moving too quickly--like writing form when you meant form or typing htat and similar' *g*

:cool:

I simply thought it was one of those typos that come from fingers moving too quickly--like writing form when you meant form

Remec is so skilled, he can't even force himself to make a typo.

Remec is so skilled, he can't even force himself to make a typo.

hehehehe
I guess my typing fingers were exercising their sentience again...sometimes they do that, exert more control (or lack of control) than I meant for them to do...you should see me in chat sometime I'll go for flirty :)cattail:) or more pointed entendre :)devil:) and my fingers will supersede and leave me with :nana:

Not constantly, just much of the time. ;)

I spent a little over three weeks in London back in 92, and it literally rained for at least a short while for most, if not all, of that time. It was like a mix of being in Washington state and here in Virginia. You would get small showers several times a day, almost every day, but they would spring up out of nowhere--no dark clouds rolling in, or similar--and disappear just as quickly.

we can have really lovely weather here, or weeks on end when it seems to rain most the time. was it april by any chance - that's known for its showery weather :)

And Basil Rathbone running about with his magnifying glass.

tsk....Sherlock Holmes is Benedict Cumberbatch!

No. An exaggeration, Annie, perhaps a poor attempt to contrast it with "snowbelt," American slang for a place that gets a lot of snow. Maybe that's why I liked "Snowmelt" as much as I did. A little more than a month ago, there was still a foot of snow in my backyard; today the trees are almost in full bloom.

Not constantly, just much of the time. ;)

I spent a little over three weeks in London back in 92, and it literally rained for at least a short while for most, if not all, of that time. It was like a mix of being in Washington state and here in Virginia. You would get small showers several times a day, almost every day, but they would spring up out of nowhere--no dark clouds rolling in, or similar--and disappear just as quickly.

I was once in an American chat room and was accused of lying about being English because I'd said how hot the weather was and 'Everyone' knows that England is always freezing cold and foggy just like they see in the Movies! Oh yes and I didn't know anything about Manchester United and ALL English people know about football!!

Don't you hate stereotyping? *leans back in rocking chair, adjusts overalls, sips from fruit jar, farts*

Five of my ten choices from the semis got through to the final cut. My joint favourite, Kk did not make it through but my other choice did. I did not just plump for my original choice from the semis but I read all the poems over and over again and deliberated for days as they were all worthy winners and wanted to give them the time and attention they deserved. On rereading and digesting slowly, I found myself falling for another poem deeper with each read. so, 'Odd Objects to Ballerinas' got my vote. I'm so sorry Butters, 'As Alice dreams' was my joint favourite from the semis and I do still love it.
thankyou for liking it, but damn, girl, no apologies :eek: i'd expect you to vote for the piece that most took your fancy, just the same as i did :cool:

Don't you hate stereotyping? *leans back in rocking chair, adjusts overalls, sips from fruit jar, farts*
*spits coffee*

I noticed the note above the final voting poll says it closes at 10:30 am today (which has already passed) and Ballot Box's comment directly below says it closes at Midnight, CST. Which is it?

I have questions for the writer of Ballerinas that I hope will be indulged at the Anything But Spring Afterparty.

now tell the truth missus, what was I wearing when I stepped into Heathrow?
your bib overalls! paperwork stuck in your pockets :D helped me spot you right off - plus your handmade leather carrybag, and a bemused look :heart::kiss:

if you're gonna travel, travel comfortably :cool:

I noticed the note above the final voting poll says it closes at 10:30 am today (which has already passed) and Ballot Box's comment directly below says it closes at Midnight, CST. Which is it?

It's a misprint should say noon; the polls are closed congratulations amoveablebeast winner of the gather challenge with "Snowmelt'
ETA: the 10:30 am is lit time

Last edited:
It's a misprint should say noon; the polls are closed congratulations amoveablebeast winner of the gather challenge with "Snowmelt'
ETA: the 10:30 am is lit time

yay! congratulations amoveablebeast!!! :rose::rose::rose:

solid, solid write, but not stodgy! :catroar:

Thanks, Seanathon. I had you guessed for X. Any luck?

Ask Tzara, that one was his. I tried to edit in the poems authors in the index but my net is not up to the task today

Gah! But I want to know who wrote everything!

Harry, you gorgeous saint of a man, why do you do this to me? ;)

Great poems and great contest, all. It's not often I find myself fretting over voting on poems. I thought this was a great way to get to see other people's work in a fun way. Since my dear Beast has clenched it, I might as well confess.

Mine were "Somewhere, Something Incredible" and "Proposal Ghazal".

Great poems and great contest, all. It's not often I find myself fretting over voting on poems. I thought this was a great way to get to see other people's work in a fun way. Since my dear Beast has clenched it, I might as well confess.

Mine were "Somewhere, Something Incredible" and "Proposal Ghazal".
i absolutely loved the feel of that poem. took my imagination on a great journey, thankyou! :rose:

I loved both Bird's Nest and Somewhere, Something Incredible. I ascribed the latter to AMB as recently as half an hour ago - it has a very similar feel to me to one of his others in the context, which he has not fessed up to yet.

Sorry, no luck. Mine was The Bird's Nest.

And my vote was for Bloom, with As Alice Dreams running a very close second.

You were Bird's Nest?

So you're my Cinderella. I've been trying to fit beautiful slipper on everyone.

I've slobbered over that poem enough for now.

The prom offer still stands.

Back