GUNFIGHT! (número seis)

Tristesse said:
*swaggers into the saloon*

whackwhackawhacka (doors, ya know)

Anyone seen tung in these here parts? Whiskey, barkeep!
They call them doors now?

Oh... I need to go find my judge av!

Don't fear the ending of what comes next
the Portugese bench can be merciful.

And Eve is a fine judge of poetic character
just don't ask her to do the rhyme for the crime.

Minsue is fair although I've only just discovered that she's hot for maiming gloves. Have you heard of Steve Martin's Cruel Shoes?

And Judge foehn Bean? I heard he may just be a hangin' judge. We'll just wait and see.

I can hardly wait. It looks like a wonderful place for a bit of carnage.

I hope the smell of poetics doesn't attract that droolin' beast -- Poetzilla... Someone make certain neo keeps his ass down...

Re: Thursday

foehn said:
Remec, MET, Trent_Dutch, DeepAsleep...

Clean and oil your guns, men.

On the morrow a lonely topic will roll in the wind between you, on the dusty, deserted street...

Okay,

so far it's friday at 9pm EST
Thats 7 pm to me, and ...

four shooters?

or two and two
then the winners of those two
go to sudden death or final shoot?

Okay, I will race home mani'ana'
and be where ...here this thread ? <grin>
at 9 pm est.

I will be the one on a black and white
paint horse <<<named Smokey>>>
colt 45 and brown stetson xXx beaver <grin>
chip kickers and spurs, chaps to my ass
roy rogers bandana tied at neck<smilin'>

Last edited:
Re: Thursday

or I could be the three legged dog that comes
to the saloon and hops a bar stool and barks ...
"I'm looking for the guy who shot my PAW!"

be there or be square ...
is the poem topic picked out yet??

Last edited:
Re: Re: Thursday

My Erotic Tale said:
is the poem topic picked out yet??
Nope. It works better if it isn't planned. Or at least it serves my sadistic streak better.

champagne1982 said:
Don't fear the ending of what comes next
the Portugese bench can be merciful.

And Eve is a fine judge of poetic character
just don't ask her to do the rhyme for the crime.

Minsue is fair although I've only just discovered that she's hot for maiming gloves. Have you heard of Steve Martin's Cruel Shoes?

And Judge foehn Bean? I heard he may just be a hangin' judge. We'll just wait and see.

I can hardly wait. It looks like a wonderful place for a bit of carnage.

I hope the smell of poetics doesn't attract that droolin' beast -- Poetzilla... Someone make certain neo keeps his ass down...

I haven't read Cruel Shoes in years, Champ. Thanks for that. :)

Re: Re: Re: Thursday

Lauren Hynde said:
Nope. It works better if it isn't planned. Or at least it serves my sadistic streak better.

You have the most fascinating sadistic streak, Lauren. Is it natural or do you have to work at it? ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thursday

minsue said:
You have the most fascinating sadistic streak, Lauren. Is it natural or do you have to work at it? ;)
Thank you! It's all natural, but needs exercise once in a while. :eek:

A note about time. Hours. & such...

Currently, no time zone in the U. S. is in "Daylight Saving Time"... and always, Central Standard Time is one hour less than Eastern Standard Time. Therefore, 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time will be 8:00 p.m. Central Standard Time -- and 7:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, and 6:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.

Current World Time, or Greenwich Meridian Time (GMT) may be found here.

It will be seen from that (just as an example) that U.S. times are as follows: EST = GMT - 5 hours; CST = EST - 6 hours; MST = GMT - 7 hours; PST = GMT - 8 hours.

I believe this information to be accurate, but it would behoove the shootists to get straight on it.

:)

Re: Re: A note about time. Hours. & such...

Lauren Hynde said:
Well, actually: CST = GMT - 6 hours ;)

Ah, good catch, Lauren. That was sort of a major typo. :) thank you

Re: A note about time. Hours. & such...

foehn said:
Currently, no time zone in the U. S. is in "Daylight Saving Time"... and always, Central Standard Time is one hour less than Eastern Standard Time. Therefore, 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time will be 8:00 p.m. Central Standard Time -- and 7:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, and 6:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.

It will be seen from that (just as an example) that U.S. times are as follows: EST = GMT - 5 hours; CST = EST - 6 hours; MST = GMT - 7 hours; PST = GMT - 8 hours.

I believe this information to be accurate, but it would behoove the shootists to get straight on it.

Buenos dias senora, senorita..
Ok... Im on GMT, so thats 2am for me.... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.... I would hate to miss all the fun.

And If I can, I would care to divulge some friendly advice from, perhaps, the last great shootist of our time.

"Quick unexpected body movements can produce a crucial miss on the first shot. Simplest of these for the thin person is the sudden turn sideways. Or the drop to one knee. As you reach for the gun, smile. The generous gesture: "Here is something I want to give you."
Identify yourself with your gun. Take it apart and finger every piece of it. Think of the muzzle as a steel eye feeling for your opponents vitals with a searching movement. Move forward in time and see the bullet hitting the target as an accomplished fact."
W.S. Burroughs "The Place of Dead Roads"

If any y'all is looking for me before then, I'll be in Uncle Kes's saloon with the other Johnsons.

*bares a bicep* Did someone say something about guns?

I'll be here, kiddies, in 6.5 hours.

~D.A.

*watches minsue watching tumbleweed roll by*

Re: A note about time. Hours. & such...

foehn said:

"Cool Beans"

That makes me early, "Bar keep, Whiskey!"

bottle gets slid and a hand's quick "Flash" stops it
short of sailing off into everywhere. A spur 'jingle'
sound matched by heavey booted steps ...finds
a table in a dark corner, "SCOOTS" a chair and sits.

one boot on the table "Thud"
another boot on the table "Thud"

"POP" the cork on the bottle
and pours a shot 'steady' and swirls the liquid
a slow gaze around the saloon then "SHOOTS"
the shot.

Sits back ...
in to the boiler maker!

Ok, I AM ready with my rope :D Bloody Valentine's anyone ;)

Edit: sorry, can't define between bondage and hanging poets :eek:

:devil:

Last edited:
DeepAsleep said:
::Looks in, ten minutes before the bullets start flying:: Well?

I hope it is one hour and nine minutes because
I'm gonna hop in the rain closet and rub up a dub
wash away the trail dust and be back in a short.

.......I thought it was 9 eastern, 7 central.

MAN, don't tell me that I could've slept another hour.

Oh, boobies, I'm gonna be pissed.

~D.A.

Back