Judo's Gunfight Thread Revisited

NOW I can breathe!!

Wow!! That was fun! I would never dare! *lookin in my faded jeans... Nope- no balls here!

Congrats to both of you- it was a great job! I hope to see more of these often.

Thanks Sherriff!! erm... Lauren!! LOL

I agree, the words in my Dangerous terzanelle didn't flow as easily as they could have, if the subject matter had inspired and if there had been no prohibited words. That's what gave this challenge a painful bite.

When a direct simile couldn't be used, I found that I fell back on some rather tired cliches that robbed the poem of a certain fluidity that a great terzanelle should have. (A note on reading form to the judges: forget the form and listen to the rhythm. Read it aloud and avoid singing the phrases, just let them roll off your tongue. You didn't know what form you were reading anyway, so why not just enjoy it for the sound of its language?)

Fawnie, I liked your high-wire poem very much. I'd prefer to see what you could do with 100% of vocabulary available.

This was fun! My back shall always be to a wall from now on and I'm ready to take on the next brave penslinger.

Borrowing Boo's whittlin' knife and carving out a notch in my sixshooter handle.

sorry i missed the results! i was busy ducking for cover..in the movie theater, watching shreck with my daughter..atleast i died laughing:D
i'm still not sure what the term sang-froid really means but i bet i take the time to really study it now.
thank you everyone, from the bottom of my bloody heart..good shootin carrie ..and eve make good use of them spurs:devil: maybe tath has been naughty:D
it's hard for me to write with distractions, i had them..lame maybe but the truth.
i'll crawl into my casket now..hopefully atleast 5ft in length, and say farewell.:(

fawnie said:
sorry i missed the results! i was busy ducking for cover..in the movie theater, watching shreck with my daughter..atleast i died laughing:D
i'm still not sure what the term sang-froid really means but i bet i take the time to really study it now.
thank you everyone, from the bottom of my bloody heart..good shootin carrie ..and eve make good use of them spurs:devil: maybe tath has been naughty:D
it's hard for me to write with distractions, i had them..lame maybe but the truth.
i'll crawl into my casket now..hopefully atleast 5ft in length, and say farewell.:(
lil' lady, I ain't wasting good spurs on that piece of horse meat.
Shrek was funny. I laughed more than my kids. Of course, they didn't get the humor aimed at adults. Actually, that shrek is a cool dude. That's the kind of man, or whatever, I'm looking for.

WickedEve said:
lil' lady, I ain't wasting good spurs on that piece of horse meat.
Shrek was funny. I laughed more than my kids. Of course, they didn't get the humor aimed at adults. Actually, that shrek is a cool dude. That's the kind of man, or whatever, I'm looking for.
i want puss and boots..with spurs and that tongue:p :p :D

fawnie said:
btw..1 more thing..it was a metaphor, i'm visiting here in minnesota with a friend who has cancer..incurable..she's calm..almost indifferent to the height..as she walks the wire right now..i tried to choose words that would bring that point across but guess i failed at doing so..but as i said earlier, a person on a high wire is what came to mind as i read the definition of sang-froid. but if all of the judges couldn't really tell it was a metaphor..well i obviously fell short.
just thought i'd throw that out there..can't hurt, i'm already dead

;) :kiss:

Last edited:
Fun and Death... woohoooo... That could make a good challenge!

I can only get in here on weekends... I hope I don't miss anything else...

*propping my feet back on the railing... waiting for the next shoot out...

Congratulations to you both!

Sorry I haven't done so earlier, but I had to leave town for a couple days.
And I apologize if I erred in mentioning my preference while the judging was occurring. This was my first shoot out. I was nervous too. I beg yor pardons.:rose:

And I apologize if I erred in mentioning my preference while the judging was occurring. This was my first shoot out. I was nervous too. I beg yor pardons.:rose:

Re: Congratulations to you both!

tungtied2u said:

:kiss: i'm a sensitive thing, i prob should have just shut up, no hard feelings:rose:

Re: Congratulations to you both!

tungtied2u said:

Tungtied.....you've been drinking for Father's Day, haven't you. I've heard of double-vision, but triple? :D

the eyes of future mornings - new poem......please read.

Born Too Late - newpoem.....please read.

Death of a punfighter

Standing in the middle of a dusty,
windblown street, refuse scuttled
into shady corners. Lately, misery
has been my closest friend.

That happens when you've turned
into something you can't change
or bury deep inside an outer skin.

Where do I begin
and the page leave off?
Maybe we're all just ink
inside the pen.