Okay, guys, here's a thread to air your views on voting

Just out of curiousity what are the avergae views/ votes for an erotic poem or non erotic? I know in incest category a new story cand land me 50,000 views and 50 votes in a day but BDSM is like 3-4000 in the first day with maybe 15 votes or so. fetish is lower those are the only 3 I have written in.

Poems get only a tiny fraction of your views and votes. A total of 50,000 views and 50 votes in one day are absolutely unheard of here. It's difficult to get even ten votes over a period of weeks, even months, perhaps years.

Maybe thís should be better? :)

hand-icon-vector.jpg

theognis is using it already :D

so really the ones you aren't voting on at all means you are voting less than a one to everyone else

That's true, if you mean less than a five, but sometimes I vote without commenting, and I don't read all the poems. So it's not that simple to figure out which ones I don't care for, and which ones I do. :)

That's true, if you mean less than a five, but sometimes I vote without commenting, and I don't read all the poems. So it's not that simple to figure out which ones I don't care for, and which ones I do. :)

I see ...... I think .... so if you had had a 1 vote but no comment that would have been ok? or it's ok for you to vote less than one but not ok for someone else to vote 1 which is more than you are giving

I see ...... I think .... so if you had had a 1 vote but no comment that would have been ok? or it's ok for you to vote less than one but not ok for someone else to vote 1 which is more than you are giving

I never vote less than five.

Is there anyone here who has submitted a poem they thought was worth only a one vote? If there is, tell me who you are, and tell me which poem it is. I'd like to read it.

I never vote less than five.
Whaty would you say is the treshold for voting?

If something is really fantastic it gets a 5.
If something is pretty good it gets a 5.
If something shows a little promise but don't quite deliver it gets a.... ?
If something is kind of average it gets a.... ?
If something is below average it gets a nothing.
If something sucks balls it gets a nothing.

The way I do it, if something is better than a four, I give it a five, because there's no way to give it something in between. I'm not recommending or suggesting that anyone vote in the way I do. It would make them very unpopular, apparently.

No, but some are throwing paddies about fives.

this isn't throwing a paddy you wouldn't like me at all if I did, this is logic that you seem to find very hard to grasp, but hey maybe I'm wrong and maths has moved on since I was at school

The way I do it, if something is better than a four, I give it a five, because there's no way to give it something in between. I'm not recommending or suggesting that anyone vote in the way I do. It would make them very unpopular, apparently.

you're not the only one who does

this isn't throwing a paddy you wouldn't like me at all if I did, this is logic that you seem to find very hard to grasp, but hey maybe I'm wrong and maths has moved on since I was at school

Apparently logic has moved on, because you haven't been logical at all.

I used to be a member of a long since defunct poetry board. It vanished one day and didn't even leave an oil slick on the water. The woman who started the thing was a network engineer. She had a friend create a custom website for her.

The poems could be graded in 5 different categories on a scale of 1 to 10. The final score was the average of the 5 categories. It was fun while it lasted, but the results were about the same as the Lit score system.

I used to be a member of a long since defunct poetry board. It vanished one day and didn't even leave an oil slick on the water. The woman who started the thing was a network engineer. She had a friend create a custom website for her.

The poems could be graded in 5 different categories on a scale of 1 to 10. The final score was the average of the 5 categories. It was fun while it lasted, but the results were about the same as the Lit score system.

I like the idea of a 1 to 10 scale, but do you remember the five categories?

Back