President Biden Interview Tonight: Redemption???

That ship has sailed. You had a chance to make the case for somebody other than Biden in the primary. The party elite rejecting the choice of the Democratic base is not how we beat Trump.

To be fair, not all states had a democratic primary. Florida didn't. However I would have - just as so many I know - would have voted for Biden because out of the field of contenders he was and is the best chance to beat Trump.

That ship has sailed. You had a chance to make the case for somebody other than Biden in the primary. The party elite rejecting the choice of the Democratic base is not how we beat Trump.
I did not.

I haven't seen a poll since the debate that shows Biden beating Trump.

He is not.

In your opinion. In mine, he is. But then I saw this show with him before.

He's losing in most every state poll by multiple points because of his performance.

Polls were wrong in 2016, 2018, 2020, 2022.

Got it. Many people think the same.

So apparently you've never had a bad moment ever from schedule or lack of rest? I find that interesting. When did you discover this ability to walk on water?

I am enthusiastic to vote for the Democratic candidate. I am not happy that he is likely to lose to the piece of shit that is Trump based on polling in most battleground states.

Way to be enthusiastic.

And again - the debate was not his only fuck up. It was just his biggest fuck up to date. And every other fuck up from now on will be added to it.

Americans are shallow fuckers. Guess you can be added to that list too.

This is quite literally a case of if America elects Donald Trump then they will get what they deserve.

I can afford to move out of my currently red state and/or the country if need be.

Who else can say that?

I did not.

I haven't seen a poll since the debate that shows Biden beating Trump.
President Biden is running neck and neck with Donald Trump despite the mainstream media clamoring for him to drop out. That should tell you much more about his strength as a candidate than the polls.

President Biden is running neck and neck with Donald Trump despite the mainstream media clamoring for him to drop out. That should tell you much more about his strength as a candidate than the polls.
Ignoring the polls is a neat approach.

In your opinion. In mine, he is. But then I saw this show with him before.
Many people's opinions.

Polls were wrong in 2016, 2018, 2020, 2022.
Got it.

So apparently you've never had a bad moment ever from schedule or lack of rest? I find that interesting. When did you discover this ability to walk on water?
Lol.....explain away all you want.

When the first black vice president beats Trump in 2020, we shall see.

Way to be enthusiastic.
👍 I have no reason to fake my feelings regarding Biden here.

Americans are shallow fuckers. Guess you can be added to that list too.
Awesome

This is quite literally a case of if America elects Donald Trump then they will get what they deserve.
I would agree.

I can afford to move out of my currently red state and/or the country if need be.

Who else can say that?
I have no reason to move but certainly wouldn't have any issue doing so

Many people's opinions.

And in many people's opinions - more than those complaining likely - there isn't a real problem.

Likely not but whatevs.

Lol.....explain away all you want.

I won't bother anymore. You have convinced yourself that Biden is impaired beyond functioning, which isn't that bright or astute.

You talk as if he's a vegetable.

When the first black vice president beats Trump in 2020, we shall see.

👍 I have no reason to fake my feelings regarding Biden here.

Awesome

I would agree.

I have no reason to move but certainly wouldn't have any issue doing so

Most can't.

And in many people's opinions - more than those complaining likely - there isn't a real problem.
Of course

Likely not but whatevs.
Polls exist for a reason. Being wrong isn't the full story of what they said in previous years.

I won't bother anymore. You have convinced yourself that Biden is impaired beyond functioning, which isn't that bright or astute.
That's not what I have said.

It's not about what I think. It's about other people and what they think. The performances that have been seen by the most people have been shitty. Even the ones where he had a teleprompter...even the ones where he knew the questions and was prepped.

Having more events like that won't convince people to vote for him .. specifically the ones who aren't decided yet.....which are needed.

Most can't.
And?

Of course
So since the majority are fine with Biden we should dispense with Biden...?

Polls exist for a reason. Being wrong isn't the full story of what they said in previous years.

They were, however, wrong. In multiple ways.

That's not what I have said.

It's not about what I think. It's about other people and what they think. The performances that have been seen by the most people have been shitty. Even the ones where he had a teleprompter...even the ones where he knew the questions and was prepped.

Having more events like that won't convince people to vote for him .. specifically the ones who aren't decided yet.....which are needed.

You have spent the handful of comments here expressing what you think and then pulled in Jon Stewart as back up to what you think.

Again this reverence for the Strongman. That's asinine.

Biden has had almost 20 events since the debate.

Just like HRC, he's being put in the damned if he does and damned if he doesn't zone. If he has events, it's not good enough. If he doesn't have events, then he's hiding. If he doesn't say what you want, then he's making it worse. If he doesn't say it how you want, then he's fucking up again. If he doesn't walk the exact line that is said to be needed (by the way, there's been no consensus - just a bunch of whiny "I neeeeeeeeed" type comments with a bunch of different hoops for Biden to jump through) then he's not doing it right, he's not competent, he'll lose.

It's honestly fucking nuts.

They can't. They are stuck with what they do - or don't - vote for.

Likely not but whatevs.

Most can't.

The lack of even basic support (having President Biden’s back) from "some people" (NOT sycophantic loyalty) after that ONE bad DEBATE performance due (very plausibly) to fatigue and illness from a heavy schedule and a poor debate strategy, leads one to wonder if "some people" have ulterior agendas / motivations:

"Some people" don’t like President Biden’s Israel policy, etc, and would undoubtedly) like a more “pro-Palestinian”.candidate / President.

Then there are "some other people" who just want a different candidate or an open convention so they get more clicks or have more to blather about. (media types and chaos junkies on political forums.)

And then there are "some other people" who are beholden to elite corporate donors like the Disney heiress, and will do what they’re told. (SOME Congressional Democrats).

🤬

JFC

SAD!!!

Last edited:
The lack of even basic support (having President Biden’s back) from "some people" (NOT sycophantic loyalty) after that ONE bad DEBATE performance due (very plausibly) to fatigue and illness from a heavy schedule and a poor debate strategy, leads one to wonder if "some people" have ulterior agendas / motivations:

"Some people" don’t like President Biden’s Israel policy, etc, and would undoubtedly) like a more “pro-Palestinian”.candidate/ President.

Then there are "some other people" who just want a different candidate or an open convention so they get more clicks or have more to blather about. (media types and chaos junkies on political forums.)

And then there are "some other people" who are beholden to elite corporate donors like the Disney heiress, and will do what they’re told. (SOME Congressional Democrats).

🤬

JFC

SAD!!!

I don't think ll74 has ulterior motives. I believe he is genuinely concerned for the future of our country. I also believe he wants what is best for America - a free society guided by our constitution with active citizen engagement.

I know there are a lot of botfarms that have upped the doubting-Biden comments (see newsweek, reddit etc) and they definitively do have a goal - to earn their paycheck from those who have hired them. Whether that be Putin/Russia or even some of the pro-Trump PACs, or even possibly by RNC affiliated groups.

One thing that is certain is that we need to avoid this doubting thomas bullshit that we pulled in 2016. The pundits are after ratings. Yes and that means even our vaunted Jon Stewart. He didn't return to showbiz because he doesn't like the audience attention. This isn't the first time his desire for a laugh has been at the expense of our country. Real genuine concern with positive action is what I'd like to see from Jon Stewart. Not more jokes. Yes he's a comedian but our country is not a punching bag to use to enrich himself. He needs to realize that.

The enthusiasm for Biden is still there and it's real. It is also re-growing to what it was before this debate debacle. Honestly, we need to get this out of our system. It is a mark of strength that the democrats and liberals aren't the automaton minions like the GOP who have repeatedly sold their integrity to support Trump. We had the discussion. Some are still engaging in it, but it is ultimately unproductive and very potentially harmful. (See 2016.) Biden is the nominee, he has majority support within the democratic party - from the people and the party leaders. He has done 20 events and has not had a repeat.

The media circus is piling on for ratings. They know Trump is good for ratings and many of the outlets are owned by Trump supporters or billionaires and multi-millionaires. CNN, Newsweek, NY Times, WaPo etc. Make no mistake, many of them are trying to drive a narrative. Even using false information to do so. CNN has been caught twice now. Once in a direct lie as the person they reported about corrected them and once because they couldn't wait even a few minutes for a statement. If these are the ones we know about, you can bet there are more shenanigans.

The people do not have near the number of doubts about Joe Biden that the pundits would like us to believe.

So since the majority are fine with Biden we should dispense with Biden...?
I don't believe that to be true

They were, however, wrong. In multiple ways.
The polls are moving away from Biden. Believe them or not.

You have spent the handful of comments here expressing what you think and then pulled in Jon Stewart as back up to what you think.
Yep. He's one of many I could "pull in"

Again this reverence for the Strongman. That's asinine.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Politics is about people's opinions. The debate and many interviews have had an impact on that opinion negatively. Campaigning isn't about trying to convince people to ignore things.

Biden has had almost 20 events since the debate.
Yes, he has. And only a few were seen by a large number of people . He needs to give more interviews that aren't screaming "bring it on" to criticism.

Just like HRC, he's being put in the damned if he does and damned if he doesn't zone. If he has events, it's not good enough. If he doesn't have events, then he's hiding. If he doesn't say what you want, then he's making it worse. If he doesn't say it how you want, then he's fucking up again. If he doesn't walk the exact line that is said to be needed (by the way, there's been no consensus - just a bunch of whiny "I neeeeeeeeed" type comments with a bunch of different hoops for Biden to jump through) then he's not doing it right, he's not competent, he'll lose.

It's honestly fucking nuts.
He's not doing well. It's not anyone's job to forgive him and I don't agree with your assessment of him. I don't owe him anything and I certainly don't have to pretend like he's campaigning well when I don't believe he is.

They can't. They are stuck with what they do - or don't - vote for.
Perhaps. My vote likely won't count for President, but will vote anyway and always tell others to do the same.

I don't believe that to be true

I do.

The polls are moving away from Biden. Believe them or not.

Some are. Some aren't. The poll that counts is in November.

Yep. He's one of many I could "pull in"

Yes there are a lot of pundits trying to make money off this and to spread a narrative.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Politics is about people's opinions. The debate and many interviews have had an impact on that opinion negatively. Campaigning isn't about trying to convince people to ignore things.

No I suppose you don't know. Everyone wants Biden to be their version of perfect.

Yes the debate sucked. His presidency hasn't however. Nor have any of his campaign events since them.

LOL actually there's an argument to be made that campaigning is exactly that. We'll see if you're too dour to pick up on that.

Yes, he has. And only a few were seen by a large number of people . He needs to give more interviews that aren't screaming "bring it on" to criticism.

He wasn't strong enough. Then he was too strong. He spoke too softly. Then he spoke too forcefully.

He's not doing well. It's not anyone's job to forgive him and I don't agree with your assessment of him. I don't owe him anything and I certainly don't have to pretend like he's campaigning well when I don't believe he is.

I know. You want him to campaign how you want him to campaign. And if he doesn't live up to your idea of perfection then he is flawed. And weak.

Perhaps. My vote likely won't count for President, but will vote anyway and always tell others to do the same.

Everyone should always vote. You and I agree on that 100%

I don't think ll74 has ulterior motives. I believe he is genuinely concerned for the future of our country. I also believe he wants what is best for America - a free society guided by our constitution with active citizen engagement.

I know there are a lot of botfarms that have upped the doubting-Biden comments (see newsweek, reddit etc) and they definitively do have a goal - to earn their paycheck from those who have hired them. Whether that be Putin/Russia or even some of the pro-Trump PACs, or even possibly by RNC affiliated groups.

One thing that is certain is that we need to avoid this doubting thomas bullshit that we pulled in 2016. The pundits are after ratings. Yes and that means even our vaunted Jon Stewart. He didn't return to showbiz because he doesn't like the audience attention. This isn't the first time his desire for a laugh has been at the expense of our country. Real genuine concern with positive action is what I'd like to see from Jon Stewart. Not more jokes. Yes he's a comedian but our country is not a punching bag to use to enrich himself. He needs to realize that.

The enthusiasm for Biden is still there and it's real. It is also re-growing to what it was before this debate debacle. Honestly, we need to get this out of our system. It is a mark of strength that the democrats and liberals aren't the automaton minions like the GOP who have repeatedly sold their integrity to support Trump. We had the discussion. Some are still engaging in it, but it is ultimately unproductive and very potentially harmful. (See 2016.) Biden is the nominee, he has majority support within the democratic party - from the people and the party leaders. He has done 20 events and has not had a repeat.

The media circus is piling on for ratings. They know Trump is good for ratings and many of the outlets are owned by Trump supporters or billionaires and multi-millionaires. CNN, Newsweek, NY Times, WaPo etc. Make no mistake, many of them are trying to drive a narrative. Even using false information to do so. CNN has been caught twice now. Once in a direct lie as the person they reported about corrected them and once because they couldn't wait even a few minutes for a statement. If these are the ones we know about, you can bet there are more shenanigans.

The people do not have near the number of doubts about Joe Biden that the pundits would like us to believe.

II74 is no fan of what Israel is doing in Gaza with the support of President Biden, etc, nor is II74 exceedingly critical of President Biden’s policies, but there IS some separation which leads me to wonder…

🤔

But, ultimately, that part of my comment wasn’t really about II74 per se. (Though I would include II74 in the group that would have preferred a different candidate, even in 2020, and certainly in 2024 -BEFORE the debate debacle. (I also wouldn’t be surprised at all to learn that II74 was a Bernie Bro in 2016.)

😑

The rest of your comment is perfectly spot on.

👍

Some are. Some aren't. The poll that counts is in November.
Most polls are. Not some. And have been for quite a while - even before the debate.

Yes there are a lot of pundits trying to make money off this and to spread a narrative.
That's not who I'm talking about

No I suppose you don't know. Everyone wants Biden to be their version of perfect.
I don't want him to be perfect. I want him to convince America that he deserves their vote because of the country.

Yes the debate sucked. His presidency hasn't however. Nor have any of his campaign events since them.
His Presidency has been great. His campaign events have been ok. His interviews have sucked.

LOL actually there's an argument to be made that campaigning is exactly that. We'll see if you're too dour to pick up on that.
He needs more people to see him doing well every time. There should not be people apologizing for him...period.

He wasn't strong enough. Then he was too strong. He spoke too softly. Then he spoke too forcefully.
He has sucked in every interview I've watched. His morning joe call sounded like one of Trump's fox calls.
I know. You want him to campaign how you want him to campaign. And if he doesn't live up to your idea of perfection then he is flawed. And weak.
I want him to convince people that he deserves the next four years. I don't think people, at this point, have been convinced....except for those who already were.

Everyone should always vote. You and I agree on that 100%

Most polls are. Not some. And have been for quite a while - even before the debate.

That's not who I'm talking about

I don't want him to be perfect. I want him to convince America that he deserves their vote because of the country.

His Presidency has been great. His campaign events have been ok. His interviews have sucked.

He needs more people to see him doing well every time. There should not be people apologizing for him...period.

He has sucked in every interview I've watched. His morning joe call sounded like one of Trump's fox calls.

I want him to convince people that he deserves the next four years. I don't think people, at this point, have been convinced....except for those who already were.

I'm a bit bored with this honestly.

But it's funny to me that you don't even see how you are doing exactly what I am saying, all while trying to deny it.

He needs to do exactly what you think he does. Of course.

And when he does, somehow it won't be enough.

Just like HRC in 2016.

But it's funny to me that you don't even see how you are doing exactly what I am saying, all while trying to deny it.

Just like HRC in 2016.

Meanwhile:

https://www.google.com/search?q=NAT...ate=ive&vld=cid:c42c526d,vid:NQTY7nDi10I,st:0

👍

👏

🇺🇸

Side note:

President Biden looked damn presidential on that stage, and he delivered a speech that the corrupt orange traitor could only dream of delivering.

But that ^ probably STILL isn’t good enough.

President Biden is going to CONTINUE to be held to a standard that is ridiculously higher than any human being in history - well, at least since Hillary Clinton.

😑

I can only repeat the point President Biden has already stressed on multiple occasions:

Don’t judge President Biden against the almighty, judge him against the alternative.

👍

🇺🇸

Last edited:
I thought this thread was a joke, literally! An interview as "redemption"...for what? Of course, the "what" would be the debate. But here's what made me briefly consider this entire thread was parody. Question: Does Joe Biden need to "redeem" himself, due to his debate performance? I say, absolutely not. Because that debate performance was a absolutely accurate reflection of his entire term. That debate represents the most honest...we have seen our Joe and that level of honesty in a person we know to be a pathological liar and I say that in love and grace...that took guts. That took a level of courage I can only describe as "Bidenesque".

I never thought I could say anything positive about Biden, but I realized, hey, Superfungurl, that is patently false...you're being a...Superlosergurl. Joe has shown...remarkable consistency...during his term. Consistent and effective, because we know what his mission was! We know why he was even chosen as the candidate and that was at the behest of his masters who told him, nay, commanded him, "Joe. Destroy. The United States...of America and while you're at it? Keep a little somethin' somethin'...for yourself". I have to hand it to Joe. He's good. He is better than anyone truly understands. He is a master at his craft, just as Ted Bundy was a master Life Coach. Just as Jim Jones...was a master Preacher. And we are alllllllllllllllllllllllllll...a part of Joe's congregation. We didn't ask for the part, but we also didn't refuse the part.

Just as the people Ted reached are now living lives of fulfillment and just as Pastor Jones people are showing themselves to be effective preachers of the gospel, so are we all showing those that watch - that we are absolute legends...at compliance. And "compliance" isn't measured by are you wearing a mask, or did you get the vaccine that is not a vaccine (9th Circuit Court). REAL compliance, Hero level compliance, is seen in all Americans who bought without question, the 4 years of Master Class Gaslighting...and didn't even blink. And yes, there was a time that sure, if prodded, I could give a half heartfelt, I'm proud to be an American...but now I say - sans prod and with a whole heart - I am proud...to be Joe's....American. (I...I'm tearing up here a bit...)

Yes, I have an opinion about Democrats winning the election. You have one too. Why is mine "he must do exactly what I said he should do" while yours is just an opinion?

Aren't you saying that he should do what you think he should do as well? Or do you see it as he shouldn't do what others (like me) tell him to do....and what exactly is the difference here? Is it that your position involves staying the course while mine is a huge change?

And didn't we already have the discussion of people not doing the hard things to affect change?

I want Biden to step down, but it's.his choice. And he should make it (he has apparently, which I accept)

In the end, the decision seems to be the choice that saves democracy or doesn't.....according to many. We don't know which at this point until November, but signs aren't pointing the right way....and the stakes are a bit high..... right?

Just like HRC in 2016.
As mentioned above... The stakes have been told to me to be fairly high. If Democrats lose, every decision will not be enough......right?

HRC and her cmpaign are constantly ridiculed for not campaigning in battleground states by people on the left.

If I'm wrong, I'll be wrong. I still don't think Biden will even be around for a full term either way. And I'd suggest that means Harris should be more prominent in the campaign and definitely promoted more as the VP.

And going back to my original point ....concerns about Biden should not be answered with "but the other guy" as I don't believe that convinces anyone who isn't already convinced.. And in this campaign, the people needing convincing are the ones needed to win. Angry Joe doesn't do that.

Back