The Annual Halloween Contest Is Coming!

If I've counted correctly, there are 52 submissions for the contst. Wow! Can't remember seeing this many submissions for previous contests, or am I wrong?

cahab said:
Just looked at my story and I'm a bit pee'd off that some of my line breaks have gone missing ... Can I demand a recount?
Cahab, did you "preview" it before submitting, and did it look fine then?

Good luck re. a recount.

Perdita

4 in 1 reply special

Cookiejar,

So to.

--

Og,

Oct. 29

--

LP69

That's a lot more than entered the Nude Day Contest.

--

Cahab,

You can submit an "edited" version. Go through the usual submission process but write "EDITED" after the title and maybe leave Laurel a note. Make very certain you place a hard carriage return between the paragraphs and double-check things in the preview before posting.

Rumple

Gee, Rumply. I know I didn't ask anything, but I feel left out. Can you give me a reply for the hell of it?

Perdita :(

How about them rules?

I've got a quick question. I've ghostwritten a story for a gal who wanted to recount a true story. She's a lit member but insists that I should submit the story. It'll be obviously not mine, as it's written in a female voice. Technically it's mine, I suppose, after all I did a lot of work adding naughty bits :devil: Does this violate the rules?

While I'm here ... It's extremely long (600 lines @ 70 characters monospaced per line). I saw some comments here about long stories not scoring well, but it's not just a catalogue of sex acts. It could probably be split into three parts without sacrificing the story but it might appear as 3 stories. Should I just submit it whole? Thoughts?

Re: How about them rules?

bitslinger said:
I've got a quick question. I've ghostwritten a story for a gal who wanted to recount a true story. She's a lit member but insists that I should submit the story. It'll be obviously not mine, as it's written in a female voice. Technically it's mine, I suppose, after all I did a lot of work adding naughty bits :devil: Does this violate the rules?

While I'm here ... It's extremely long (600 lines @ 70 characters monospaced per line). I saw some comments here about long stories not scoring well, but it's not just a catalogue of sex acts. It could probably be split into three parts without sacrificing the story but it might appear as 3 stories. Should I just submit it whole? Thoughts?

If you wrote the story it's your work, reguardless of the voice you used. If you collaborated on it and she is fine with you posting it under your name that should be no harm no foul, but a polite note to Laural would be a good idea to make sure.

Long stories don't neccesarily score badly. I post a lot of stories that are long, some run upwards of 5 or 6 lit pages (between 30 and 40 pages in word). Length isn't neccessarily a bar to scoreing well or being well recieved. It's what you do with all the words that counts. Breaking it up into parts may help if there are good obvious break points.

-Colly

perdita said:
Gee, Rumply. I know I didn't ask anything, but I feel left out. Can you give me a reply for the hell of it?

Perdita :(
No problem, Perdita.

Your current AV, is that some sort of square wedding cake with whacked out bride and groom figures, or what?

Rumple

--

Bitslinger,

You wrote it--it's yours. Don't sweat the length. If Laurel thinks it's too long she may suggest putting it into Novels & Novellas or breaking it into seperate submissions.

Rumple

Just got some encouraging anon. feedback for Fairy story. Now standing at 4.39 with 18 votes. Neither fish nor fowl.

Posted 'Tricks or Treats' which should get me onto lots of reader's 1 list.

Gauche

Laurel appears to have excised some chafe (maybe even a few chads) from the voting wheat. I've lost five or six votes which must have all been ones because my score has gone up from 4.04 to about 4.40. (Creams of last place glory has been replaced by the reality of middling mediocrity). The same type of thing happened to several folks during the Nude Day contest. Anyone else experience similar changes?

Rumple Foreskin

Rumple Foreskin said:
Laurel appears to have excised some chafe (maybe even a few chads) from the voting wheat. I've lost five or six votes which must have all been ones because my score has gone up from 4.04 to about 4.40. (Creams of last place glory has been replaced by the reality of middling mediocrity). The same type of thing happened to several folks during the Nude Day contest. Anyone else experience similar changes?

Rumple Foreskin

Same here...I lost a few votes but went from 4.45 to 4.62...

I lost two votes and am now at 20 (sigh), but went up to 4.0

Perdita

Update: Now 23 votes but down to 3.9; I only want to be a 'contender' (just like Marlon Brando).

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumple Foreskin said:

Rumple Foreskin
Me too - went from 4.07/27 to 4.31/29. Do the math - it's impossible without intervention from our lovely host.

Alex

Mine also went up, from 4.45 to 4.55, at the loss of a couple of votes.

Lou

No big change here, but at least it's going up. Score is now 4.53 and 191 votes. Views are almost as many was my previously most viewed story. That's unbelieable! I'm sure to enter the winter contest now. Don't care if I'm getting last place, at least more people read the stories and send feedback! :D

/LP
P.S Ehm, so if anyone got a really nice cliche plot for the winter story...

Can someone here possibly do me a favor and click on my Halloween story at the bottom of the page? When I click I get Vanessa: Lady Dick, The Sequel...I have had 3 people PM and say they get another story. Thanx in advance...

BTW..this is no ploy for votes...click and let me know...:)

Cookie,

When I clicked on your H'ween tag, "The Sultan of Lit" came up. They seem linked.

Rumple

Yeesh this is the second time this has linked me to the wrong story...I had better let Laurel know...I will have to withdraw from this contest...people have obviously been voting this one too...Ty RF...

I got Sultan of Lit. too. That was the last story of yours that I read. Co-incidence? I think not.

Gauche

gauchecritic said:
I got Sultan of Lit. too. That was the last story of yours that I read. Co-incidence? I think not.

Gauche

Ummm what does that mean?

That I'm a sucker for conspiracy theory? When I don't like a story I tend to click back.. and to left. Back.. and to the left.

Gauche

gauchecritic said:
That I'm a sucker for conspiracy theory? When I don't like a story I tend to click back.. and to left. Back.. and to the left.

Gauche

I'm not quite sure what you mean but if that's a slam it's uncalled for...I can only take the story out of the contest...

I don't think it's a slam. I think he's being subtle. Too subtle for me, anyway.

Raph, scratching his head.

Back