"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
i absolutely adore when someone uses the words 'adore' and '4degrees' in the same sentence.
thank you for reading me, unapologetic. :rose:

curt

unapologetic said:
But the erotic piece that really captured my attention was owned by Ms. skittles_lm. Needed to fan myself after that one.

I am honestly so flattered I don't know what to say. thank you.

4degrees said:
i absolutely adore when someone uses the words 'adore' and '4degrees' in the same sentence.
thank you for reading me, unapologetic. :rose:

curt
Thanks for welcoming me back to the reviews with a piece that was wonderful on the page AND aloud. I swear you all timed it. Used to be Thursdays were kind of a dead zone, but not this week.

:kiss:

Sadly, there aren't enough poems (only 3) posted today to provide review fodder. I'll check later, but I think this may be it. If MET doesn't review tomorrow, maybe there'll be something to write home about and I'll do it then.

a question

excuse me, sorry to interrupt but i don't know who to ask here

why does it take so long to post illustrated work?
Been waiting two weeks now for 3 measely poems

what gives?

Many whiskers,
Rumpleteazer

Rumpleteazer said:

what gives?

Many whiskers,
Rumpleteazer

It takes longer because I think they wait and upload illustrated work in batches. If you think your work has been lost you could pm Laurel and when she has time she will take a look for you.

Rumpleteazer said:

what gives?

Many whiskers,
Rumpleteazer

Yep. What Sara said. They used to post them as they got them. That was a few years ago. I think that was too much of a hassle for them because many illustrated poems submitted here have to be resized to meet Lit's space requirements. Now it appears they just do it once a month.

If you don't see your poems among the next batch of illustrated submissions, contact Lauren. It doesn't happen often, but poems do get lost in the ether occasionally.

If your poems are rejected (for content or because the format you submitted in is incompatible with Lit's requirements), the "pending" status in your submissions list will change to "rejected," and they'll tell you why. As long as your poems still say they're "pending," they'll be posted. . .eventually. :)

Thankyou to Wildsweetone for mentioning my poem today .. oops I do see now that I messed up line three .. as for capitalising the first letter of a new sentence I always used to do that then on one of the reviews it said I shoudln't! This way of writing is very new to me ( I used to rhyme everything) and I guess I am still learning what is what and I am very glad to read all of your great reviews. I was told how to put my mistakes right after they have been posted and it worked the first time but now when I try the same thing I get told that I already have a poem under that name and to chose another and won't let me send in a correction! So if it looks like I am ignoring your correction advice sorry but I have tried. Any suggestions welcome lol

UnderYourSpell said:
Thankyou to Wildsweetone for mentioning my poem today .. oops I do see now that I messed up line three .. as for capitalising the first letter of a new sentence I always used to do that then on one of the reviews it said I shoudln't! This way of writing is very new to me ( I used to rhyme everything) and I guess I am still learning what is what and I am very glad to read all of your great reviews. I was told how to put my mistakes right after they have been posted and it worked the first time but now when I try the same thing I get told that I already have a poem under that name and to chose another and won't let me send in a correction! So if it looks like I am ignoring your correction advice sorry but I have tried. Any suggestions welcome lol

re capitalisation of the first letter in a sentence.... that doesn't mean the first letter of every line, just the first letter of every sentence. does that make better sense?

i'm not sure about the poem correction process. maybe one of the Mods can help with this?

wildsweetone said:
re capitalisation of the first letter in a sentence.... that doesn't mean the first letter of every line, just the first letter of every sentence. does that make better sense?

Ummm yes I think so .. will have to study the poems and inwardly digest to see if I do !!

wildsweetone said:

i'm not sure about the poem correction process. maybe one of the Mods can help with this?
No need for mod assistance. To correct an already posted submission simply open a new submission consisting of the Complete and Revised version of your poem, title the revision the same as the poem you're correcting EXCEPT include the word (edited) in the title. In the Notes: field write a short explanation asking the site operators to replace your earlier version with the edit, that way, you'll retain the comments already gleaned under that submission (I think). I know the rating will stay the same.

Hopes that helps.

champagne1982 said:
No need for mod assistance. To correct an already posted submission simply open a new submission consisting of the Complete and Revised version of your poem, title the revision the same as the poem you're correcting EXCEPT include the word (edited) in the title. In the Notes: field write a short explanation asking the site operators to replace your earlier version with the edit, that way, you'll retain the comments already gleaned under that submission (I think). I know the rating will stay the same.

Hopes that helps.

Aha that's where I was going wrong I didn't put 'edited' in the title ... thankyou so much for your help much appreciated.

Rumple Says:

Sorry about the capitalization

I'm rush to post and miss things

Its a real problem *sigh*

Thats too bad about the illustrated peices

i feel it adds to a writer's poems if theyre uh not particularly strong in the first place :0

Last edited:
Rumpleteazer said:
Sorry about the capitalization

I'm rush to post and miss things

Its a real problem *sigh*

Thats too bad about the illustrated peices

i feel it adds to a writer's poems if theyre uh not particularly strong in the first place :0

The only time I bitch about capitalization or grammar or such is if I think it's slopping up a poem. And then usually only if asked for my opinion.

And I meant to say contact Laurel, not Lauren. Lauren will beat me up if everyone starts pming her, asking where their poems are. :D

Angeline said:
The only time I bitch about capitalization or grammar or such is if I think it's slopping up a poem. And then usually only if asked for my opinion.

And I meant to say contact Laurel, not Lauren. Lauren will beat me up if everyone starts pming her, asking where their poems are. :D

I dunno that sounds like fun. I bet we could sell tickets to that. :devil: There would have to be ground rules though, like Lauren wouldn't be allowed to use her gun and Ange couldn't hire assistants from the Sopranos.

Sara Crewe said:
I dunno that sounds like fun. I bet we could sell tickets to that. :devil: There would have to be ground rules though, like Lauren wouldn't be allowed to use her gun and Ange couldn't hire assistants from the Sopranos.

Hey Lauren's a lot younger than me. I should get some kind of a handicap. Maybe one short Soprano? No gun, but a garrot?

Okay, pick him out on your trip! Might as well make him cute if he's going to be around for any length of time.

And have a great time!

Sara Crewe said:
Okay, pick him out on your trip! Might as well make him cute if he's going to be around for any length of time.

And have a great time!

Thank you, dear friend. :kiss:

Hmmm how do I explain this to eagleyez? "Honey, you know how I said we should get some souvenirs? Well, I want a mafioso. A little one. Could you clobber him and put him in the trunk for me?"

Angeline said:
Thank you, dear friend. :kiss:

Hmmm how do I explain this to eagleyez? "Honey, you know how I said we should get some souvenirs? Well, I want a mafioso. A little one. Could you clobber him and put him in the trunk for me?"

I have never been to New Jersey 'cept in your poem. Just tell him you promised to get me something.

Hello ...

I wanted to Thank Angeline and Wicked Eve for their encouraging commentary on my new poem The Graveyard. Seems I have been a bit absent minded lately and forgot I had submitted it. Having a virus, working and hanging out with the kids, I simply forgot :eek: Also, big THANK YOU going out to Angeline for her kind review and mention in the New Poem Reviews ~~

:rose:

LeBroz said:

Running late — again — with 15 offerings up for display. Let's see if there's anything out there that stands out.

Was beginning to despair as I faced the cliché and the forced rhyme, until the day was saved by today's offerings from skittles_lm. She has some very fine {though somewhat dark} pieces out in Crumble, bitter fruit, fade, and sweet torture. Of these four, it is fade that I consider the best of today's offerings. As unpleasant a tale as it offers, I felt that I wanted to hear more; a rather compelling read.

That's it for today. You might find something else out there more to your tastes. Give them all a try and see what you think and don't forget to read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do. Above all, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry.

thank you! Although I have to say that 'fade' will read better after the edit goes through... I got a bit redundant in the second stanza and fixed it.

I appreciate you taking the time to read what I write! Thanks to everyone who does! :kiss:

There are no new poems to review yet this Friday. One observance I'd like to make about the review thread: uh, Mods? It's not about new poems in there in many places.

I just want to thank everyone who commented or mentioned Fancies in Free Flight. It is just a little experiment from my E.E. Cummings phase that comes and goes as I read/reread him.

There seems to be some confusion and/or dislike concerning the opening line, " Free feral far flies". First off I like alliteration and the opening line is meant to play off the “F”s in the title and start poem with resonance. ~ For some reason people are seeing "flies" as a noun, not a verb. "Fancies" in the title may be thought of as things like Pixies, Fairies, your muse, or ideas that have a life of their own (i.e. are in free-flight). "Feral" is meant to be strong. It is used for "tame" things that have gone wild like cats and dogs. ~ Consider your muse as having fled from you and your control. Now it flits about the countryside, seeing and doing what it will and only coming home for food or to let you pet it when it wants you to. "Far" relates to how far(distance or strangeness) your muse/fancy/fairy roams.

Obviously, since I feel the need to explain it, the poem does not work as well as I want it. :(

PAX, Rybka

damn

THEY really screwed up jello wept

i too would like to see it in a better representation

though then it wouldn't be nearly as 'interesting' lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back